Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

Height: 5'6"

Default How to make fried veggies more tasty??

I really don't like raw veggies....except for tomatoes. I could LIVE on tomatoes. LOL But I like most of them fried. I have been frying squash, tomatoes and cucumbers together in light butter and was wondering if there are any ideas on how to make them taste better. My first thought is to add a bunch of salt But I know thats not really a good idea.

I'm not a very good "chef" in general so if it's not salt or pepper, I don't know much about it. LOL
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #2  

I like the Mrs. Dash Table Blend and a squirt of lemon juice. Try them roasted, they are wonderful.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

O-M-G! Roasted is the best!!!

Try adding garlic salt (or garlic powder then salt and pepper to taste). This goes with just about any kind of veggie.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Yep, roasted is delicious... What I do is I take the veggie, eg. cauliflower, put it in a bowl drizzle olive oil on it... then but it on some parchment paper on a cookie, sprinkle with salt, pepper, parm cheese, italian seasoning... Bake at 400 for about 10-15 mins, depending on the vegetable... Green beans take the longest... Yum
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

You can do a stir fry with some canned water chestnuts, and then this is my secret: Take the juice from the water chestnuts and whisk in some soy sauce, a LITTLE dash of sesame oil and a couple teaspoons of cornstarch. Pour that over your stir fry and let it thicken. Ginger in the sauce makes it taste even better.
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks....Tomorrow I'll try roasting them. Can't do water chestnuts, I hate 'em. LOL
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote