Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #1  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Gym membership

I did it. For the first time in my life. I've joined a gym. After 2 years of not exercising (stopped when I found out I was pregnant in '08, then just got lazy), it's time to get going again. I don't have the discipline to workout at home anymore as I did before I was pregnant with my son. He'll go to the Y's daycare, his sisters will go to the kids gym, and I am meeting up with an old friend who also joined. I am stoked! Though I haven't added any additional poundage, I've got to do something to counter my voracious nursing appetite lol.

I'm just really, REALLY excited
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #2  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Wtg!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Good for you!! I am also going to the gym @ the rec centre too. I know we can work out at home with the babies, but realistically, how do you actually get through it without crying, bottles, food, etc?? lol.

Just a little time for ourselves makes a happier mommy for sure...
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #4  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Wtg!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #5  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

I just got one with my husband too! I was super shy, I thought people would judge me, but that's not the case.
It's great and I've been improving each time. Keep with it!
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #6  
In love with...THE GYM!!

Well, it didn't go as planned today. Though what does in life? Lol. DS has only really been away from us once. He spent the night at Gramma's. So, I took him to the tot watch, and he seemed fine at first. Took the girls to the kids gym and got my tour. Got in a whopping 5 minutes of workout before I had to go back to be with him. It's all good though. We'll go back tomorrow and ease him into it. I'm still stoked.

I can feel those "measley" 5 minutes
Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #7  
In love with...THE GYM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Good for you!! I am also going to the gym @ the rec centre too. I know we can work out at home with the babies, but realistically, how do you actually get through it without crying, bottles, food, etc?? lol.

Just a little time for ourselves makes a happier mommy for sure...
I know what you mean. I figured after I had him I'd get right back to my home workouts. Yeah, right. He's 14 months old now, I needed to do something for me because I feel miserable and my confidance is in the gutter. And at only $35 a month for all of us, I think that's a bargain
Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Julie, I have two girls and a boy, too! I had a lot of trouble with my little guy at the gym from about 12-15 months. I guess he was in a separation phase. It was also hard for him to transition from the infant area, where he got lots of attention, to the toddler area, where he gets less attention. He is almost 20 months now and he loves going to the gym! I rarely work out at home -- sure, do it during his nap -- but isn't that when you're supposed to do EVERYTHING else!?!?

I love my alone time at the gym -- keeps me (relatively) sane.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #9  
In love with...THE GYM!!

LOL Amy, we're supposed to do everything else including nap while they sleep. Which is what I do mostly. It's too hard to resist cuddling up with him and catching a few z's and both of us waking refreshed

He did, well I won't say ok, yesterday. But he survived. The guy in the daycare was holding him as I was walking out and he was just screaming. He encouraged me to go and they'd get him calmed down. It was so hard to do. But, I got some cardio in, and we checked on him after that. He was happy and playing. So I did some strength training too. I guess he was so mad he was shaking and the guy walked him around the gymnasium and the kids gym.

It was nice to get a workout in. And I had a better day than I've had in a while.