Old 08-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I am stuck!

I just started in April and have lost 35 pounds, but I have only lost 1.8 pounds since July 27th. I haven't done my measurements lately, but I am fitting into clothes that I haven't worn for years.

Anyway, I am staying under what the calorie calculators and Fitday say I should and I seem to be at a stall. How can this be happening so soon? I still have 73 pounds to lose and I feel like crying. I have been exercising about 5 days a week on average for about 30-45 minutes. I either swim/tread water or I walk on the treadmill at 3.0mph.

I am diabetic and my blood sugars are also good. I do eat "whatever I want" in normal serving sizes and within my calories. I am trying to see what I changed and one thing I can think of is that I haven't had eggs for a few weeks and have had more cereal instead, but seriously that can't be it. Also, I have been struggling with drinking enough water. I just get busy with my day and before I know it, it's over and I didn't drink enough.

I do have a very abnormal TOM issue right now and perhaps I am retaining fluid.

Has anyone else experienced a stall this soon?

Basically, on July 27th I weighed 225.0 and I have been going from that to 223.2 and sometimes as high as 226 - tomorrow will be 3 weeks of this!!! I need to get to Onederland
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #2  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

I'm not at the point where I have hit a stall yet (having just started), but I know from others' posts that some people are extremely sensitive to grainy-type carbs. If that is something that has changed for you recently, I wonder if that might not be part of it. Also, you don't say if you measure and weigh your servings--it's so simple for things to "round up" and those calories can really sabotage a plan! It's also possible that you're not eating enough calories--you didn't say how many you were taking in, but if it's really low, you might need to actually increase your calories to lose weight.

Best wishes to you! If you'd like to post your menu, I bet some of the girls will have some excellent advice for tweaking it.
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #3  

Quote:
I haven't had eggs for a few weeks and have had more cereal instead...I have been struggling with drinking enough water.
Yep, that could be it.

Sounds like you're doing everything else right so go back to eggs(protein) instead of cereal(carbs) and do drink plenty of water.

Be patient, TOM might slow it down a little.
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliK View Post
I'm not at the point where I have hit a stall yet (having just started), but I know from others' posts that some people are extremely sensitive to grainy-type carbs. If that is something that has changed for you recently, I wonder if that might not be part of it. Also, you don't say if you measure and weigh your servings--it's so simple for things to "round up" and those calories can really sabotage a plan! It's also possible that you're not eating enough calories--you didn't say how many you were taking in, but if it's really low, you might need to actually increase your calories to lose weight.

Best wishes to you! If you'd like to post your menu, I bet some of the girls will have some excellent advice for tweaking it.
Yes, I weigh and measure everything. I am so anal I bring measuring spoons etc when I eat at a restaurant.

This morning, again I am 223.4 -
Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I would be frustrated too. What is your calorie level at? Maybe it's too low??
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

That sounds very frustrating. I normally hit a plateau around 270lbs (I've gotten down to 270 about 4 or 5 times), it is annoying. That is normally when I give up. However, not this time. I am going to go with kmac, either your calorie intake is to low or too high.
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I also want to add that since you are working out so much, it most likely is too low. Are you putting in the right activity level?
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I'm with the others, you probably need to reevaluate your calorie intake and adjust it one way or another. Cutting out the excess cereal would probably help.

But really, you say you're fitting into clothes you haven't worn in years, that's something to celebrate! I've known quite a few people (on here and elsewhere) who've dropped inches and stayed right about the same weight. I'd say your clothes are telling you that's what you're doing, but try taking your measurements to double check. The weight will go away sooner or later, but if the inches are going away, you're doing fine.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

I don't think my calories are too low. I am allowed 1960 a day and I eat between 1600-1900. My exercise isn't super intense.

I just did my measurements and the only thing that has changed is .5 more off my chest and 1 inch more off my waist.

I guess I just need to keep on pushing through and really get on the water.