Old 08-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285(after pregnancy)/267/150

Height: 5'7"

Default For those of you who've lost a chunk of weight...

Did you notice after you lost a lot of weight, or made it to goal, that you have more room in your drawers...or that you can fit more into your dressers/closets?

Today, I was lamenting the fact that my drawers and closet are WAY too full, and then I remembered back to when I went on vacation with a friend of mine who weighs half what I do. I remember her bag was 1/2 the size of mine, yet she brought more outfits! That gives me one more motivation for losing the weight!

In addition to everything else shrinking, did you notice the space in your closets/drawers almost seemingly growing?
gerbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #2  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

The first time I truly realized I had lost a significant amount of weight was when I went shopping with my cousin at Old Navy and the size 16 pants I tried on were too big for me. It was the "Oh-my-Gosh" moment that told me I had done it and lost weight and was getting tiny. This was when I was around 17 and I started at around the 250s (not sure because I never weighed myself when I started or finished) and was probably into the low 180s/high 170s at that point. Now I'm ready to get to my final goal and stay there!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yes indeed! I have started double checking that my shirts shouldn't belong to my sons instead. I noticed just today something about the pants hanging in the closet. How to describe? Before the pants would bunch up a bit on the hanger or at least hang out so wide they touched the sides of the hanger. I pulled out a tiny pants hanger, one that's more for a kid's blazer. It was the only pants hanger in the closet so I went ahead and used it. The pants fit on it with room to spare! I was in awe.

And I get more in the laundry now too. Laundry is a touch easier! I don't have to do the wash quite as often.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Yes, on multiple levels. First of all, I have given away or discarded clothes as they have gotten too big. As a fat girl, I have probably only wore a quarter of the clothes I owned. The rest were "when I get thinner" clothes and "just in case I get a bit fatter" clothes. Now both of those categories are practically gone.

And the clothes themselves are smaller and even sometimes are taking up less room because of the fabric choices. I now have jersey tanks and tees instead of the 100% cotton tees which were bulkier.

But the funny thing is because I'm now more interested in my appearance, I tend to pack a bit more (but don't need a bigger suitcase to do it!). I've just returned from a weekend at the beach with friends where I had thrown in an outfit including the shoes for it in case we decided to go out. In the past I'd have just worn the same shorts and sandals that I'd have had on for the day.

Last edited by caryesings; 08-15-2010 at 05:54 PM.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Laundry. My neighbor is a size zero and we share a washer. I pull out her stuff to throw in the dryer and she has three times the number of clothes that I have in one load!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

yup, i'd have to say laundry as well. I can do two loads now when it took 3 before. Kinda cool, I'm environmentally friendly now LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #7  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Careysings said what I was thinking... I have SO many clothes now, because I hesitate to ever clean out the closet. What if I get bigger again? What about those outfits that I LOVE in smaller sizes, so I just hang on to them?

Though when I recently lost 20 pounds and went into my closet after spending a summer away, I spent a good amount of time "shopping my closet." I found some clothes from before that I really liked. I also found that a lot of those clothes sorta fit me now, but because of my shape changing and styles changing, I wasn't crazy about them.

So now I am motivated to get rid of a bunch of the different wardrobes I have in different sizes, and just go with the few cute things I found and the new, in-style clothes I recently purchased.

I love smaller clothes!!!!!
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Yeah! The hubs and I always share a suitcase when we go out of town. I usually take up my half, plus some of his, with my socks and undies rolled up and take up the middle space as well. Amd of course the extra bag for shoes, sweater, what have you. This time, I had ALL my stuff on one side, plus I was able to pack everything else int eh spare room. INSANE.

I've also gone and donated SIX full-size garbage bags of clothes to Goodwill. The deal I have with myself is when I buy new clothes, I have to toss an equal amount of old clothes. I have room to spare now in the drawers (not so much the closet yet - I have bought a couple of "this will fit soon enough" motivation clothes)
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:48 AM   #9  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I have noticed that my clothes take up less room in my closet and drawers, but I hadn't realised about the laundry fully until now. I had noticed that it takes up less room to hang out to dry and thought that was amazing, but it just hit me about being able to fit more clothes in a load of laundry, so I'm doing less than I used to! The other thing was when I was bigger I always used to spill my meals down my more than ample boobs which meant multiple changes, but I hardly EVER do that now, so again less laundry!
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh for sure! The laundry? One of my skirts back in the day took up so much room, now I can stuff much more clothing into the machine. My underwear drawer is so much more organized and efficient now. I used to be able to only fit three piles of shirts in my drawers, now I can fit three. Even in my closet, the things hanging are so much neater, they're no where near as wide.

A suitcase? Yes! My clothing doesn't take up nearly as much space - except that now I have so much clothing and want to take so much stuff with me whenever I travel - I DO have to work on that.

So though my clothes take up sooo much less space in the drawers and closets, my *problem* is, is that I have an ENORMOUS amount of clothing now. I mean just an ENORMOUS amount. I can't seem to stop buying clothes! I have taken over every inch of extra space in my home.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I absolutely noticed the laundry phenomenon. My clothes barely take up any space and they dry so quick.

And I'm the opposite of ROBIN. I used to keep tons of clothes around because it was so hard for me to pull together a decent outfit, and if anything shrunk, just a little bit, it wouldn't look as good. And, like LM, I always had spots down the front of my shirt!!!

Now, I love that I can have very few clothes and still look cute every day.

The blessings of travelling light.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #12  

i lost at first 440lbs down to 220lbs but gained back to 260!!!!!!!!wont go down what am i doing wrong?3 shakes per day and water!
cristinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #13  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbies View Post
Did you notice after you lost a lot of weight, or made it to goal, that you have more room in your drawers...
Am I the only one who had to read that twice ... ?
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #14  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I love packing for trips now, because I can fit SO much more in a carry-on. I did a 10 day trip to Europe with my one carry-on bag, and it was amazing! And now when I pack for business, things get far less wrinkled because the folded clothes actually fit nicely in the bag.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #15  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I giggled, too, about the room in the drawers.

Also have noticed - have an extra row of shirts in my drawer after a big clothing change-out over the weekend. I hold up a top and can't believe it fits me, but it does! Hopefully my closet will thin out a bit more as I settle on a size, though.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote