Old 08-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #1  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Question WW Meetings Buddies?

I'm thinking about joining Weight Watchers, but not so much for the diet. I'm doing well consistently losing about 2 lbs a week, but I'm not actually following any plan other than making good choices. However, I'm really lacking support/weight loss buddies. Did anyone else join to meet weight loss buddies? Do you get to know people through the meetings? I tried a TOPS meeting this morning, but no one was anywhere near my age (I'm 26). I'm going to try to go to a free WW meeting this week, but I'm wondering if it's worth the money since I'm not sure how closely I'll be following the diet. Any advice/insight would be great! Thanks!
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #2  

I've made friends in my meetings and there all all ages in our group. Our group is very supportive of each other. Weight Watchers is not a diet so you are mistaken there. It is behavior modification with the emphasis on eating nutritious foods, exercise, and staying within our points. No food is forbidden. You just plan it into your day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

I love love love my ww meetings and the girls & guys there! Love it! Believe in it! Support it!

Everyone has to find their own personal nich, but I do recommend it. As far as price goes.....well do the math and see if you can afford it. In my case, I gave up some other things to do ww. (like tanning & nails) haha!

Good luck & keep us posted! Great job so far, keep it up!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

I like my weight watcher meetings. There are all ages in there and all sizes too. I don't have any "friends" in there but I do feel close them as I hear there successes and struggles each week. I also benefot from the weekly weigh in (that is not just me on my scale at home). I am tracking my points but since nothing is off limits everyone kind of eats as they see fit. I've only been doing it about 7 weeks but it is well worth it for me.
tw326at41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255.8/193.2/Unknown

Height: 5' 2"

i really do not know anyone in my ww meetings. i never started in hopes to meet buddies either. i go to meetings because i need the information, ideas, support and and to hear others on how they manage, struggle and getting back on track. the meetings do a lot for me. they definitely motivate me. i think the biggest thing about meetings is to find a leader that you love. if you don't, you will not stick to attending. i think meeting and befriending people at meetings would be a bonus.

ww is not a diet. it is a lifestyle change. the best thing about ww is that you can have whatever you want to eat. there is not cutting something out completely. it's learning to live and make healthier choices. ww is simple to follow and simple to stick with, even though i have fallen off more than a time or two.

ww is the only thing that has helped me lose weight on my journey. i'm a full supporter.

good luck! i hope you can accomplish your goals, with whatever plan you decide to go with.
sawyouwearingflares is offline   Reply With Quote