Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Default It sort of feels like I have no control sometimes.

Hello everyone!

I'm not really a regular poster here, because I pretty much have been on plan throughout my whole weight loss. I've always allowed myself allotted indulgences so I don't just freak out and go on binges. This had pretty much worked for me until this week. I'm finally down to about 164lbs this week, and pretty close to my mini-goal. This is the weight i've been for most of my adult life, and it's really hard for me to fathom being smaller than this. A big part of me just doesn't believe i am even capable of weighing 130- my ultimate goal. Well, the point is, my body just rebelled and i haven't been really on plan since i hit 165. I'm not exactly sure why, but i'm just eating everything around me and have also been avoiding going to the gym. The thought of going back up to 222 is absolutely terrifying, but also going down to 150 (my next mini goal) scares me. I think this has to do a lot with why i've been binging. I need advice on how to overcome this hurdle, I really do want to be fit and trim. I don't know if the binging is caused by anything physical, but I have been SO hungry lately too that i feel i HAVE to eat. Today I had about 2,500 calories, and yesterday about 2,000 (and the rest of the week is about the same).. to give you guys an idea of how of much i'm going over. There have been no significant changes to my diet and exercise routine as well, so I do think the cause of this is emotional.. so how do you guys feel i should go about correcting this problem?

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by therex; 08-12-2010 at 04:42 AM.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Me personally, the more i try to control food, the more i lose control over it. So I just try to take it easy somehow and it works. Well done on sticking to plan so well for so long! Going down scares me too. How does your body feel? Do you feel heavy or do you feel light? I think I feel normal now and losing weight makes me feel thin. I don't think my body wants to lose the weight. It somehow wants it on. Maybe I am losing a bit quicker than my body wants. I don't know. Maybe I am beeing greedy wanting to go down even more, so quickly.

Eating out of emotions, I have been doing it all my life. Do check what are you feeling at that moment? Are you eating fast? things like that help me.

Good luck!
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #3  

Thank you for the support.

my body still feels pretty sluggish in all honesty, i don't have that light airy feeling more people get with losing large amounts of weight. I am eating enough calories, or it seems like i am. All through out my weight loss i've consumed about 1200-1300 calories and i never really strayed because i was satisfied. Like i said, not much has changed in my routine, so i'm having trouble controlling my eating habits. I think maybe i might be rushing things and the change might be too much for me to handle too soon. Idk, i feel pretty convoluted.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

I know when I get close to my goal weight (or goal weight) my body/mind rebels and sends me back up again. You'd think I'd learn that my goal weight isn't my happy weight but nope! I'm still chasing the allusive 135.

That said I would just relax for a week or 2 and eat as much as your body is burning, take a break and then get back into it - Eat more than you would to lose so you aren't feeling deprived but less than 2500 (and it's totally possible 2500 is what you're burning...).

2 cents.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #5  

thanks! that's absolutely very helpful. I do feel like i had been stressing a little more than usual about my weight these couple of weeks, mostly because school is about to start next week. I really didn't want to start the semester as obese, so i did push myself. I think a break is something that my body needs, it's just harder done than said.

thanks again! and good luck with your own goals