Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

Default Been bouncing for the past month and a 1/2

I decided mid-June that I was going to take a stand and do something about my weight - on 6/11 - I started at 225lbs, I am down to 213 - but I keep fluctuating back and worth every week. It has been a real struggle, and my own fault there are days that i just fall off the wagon and stuff my face with the most high calories garbage you can think of.

I have 2 small children, so naturally there is always some sort of cookies, cake, ice cream, junk in the house, some days are good and others are just

I am thankful to have found this place.
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

At least you recognize what's doing it, and you can take a step towards changing it.

Personally, I keep less junk in my house these days. I have kids too but really, it's not like they need all the sugar either. A bag of cookies or something is more than enough. And honestly, for me, the longer I stayed on plan, the less I wanted what junk there was. Maybe all you need to do dredge up some willpower and tough it out for awhile. Healthier eating really does become a habit. And if you really feel you need that cupcake or cookie, have it, you don't have to deprive yourself...it's all about moderation and portion control
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

I also tend to bounce around, and when I stagnate for a couple weeks, I've found it always has to do with me and my lack of willpower around foods for those weeks.

I also have kids, and they do need easy snacks - and snacks we can take on the go. We have changed our snacking since mommy decided to get healthy, though. My girls actually LOVE Fiber One bars, and those aren't too bad on my diet, so I can have those around. We also have string cheese and of course a variety of fruits. I have pretty much eliminated the cookies, crackers, cakes. Partly because they were really hard for me to resist, but also because they really don't need to be eating junk either. The one cracker I do keep in the house is graham crackers for them to snack on (they are a favorite, especially with grapes!). I only like graham crackers when I'm making s'mores camping, so they really don't hold any appeal for me. When I do buy them ice cream, I tend to buy myself a portion controlled desert - ww bars, skinny cows, etc...so I can enjoy with them but within reason. The girls also like these treats a lot - so many times I just buy those and we all enjoy a lower cal healthier treat!
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

Thanks for the advice everyone - I really think that by having this place along with my diet will help me a lot! You guys are great!
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/192/125

Height: 5'6

When I found this place, I found something to do aside of roaming the fridge. I developed a habit of writing here whenever I feel like eating. Works like charm: reminds me of my goal and makes me want to eat less.

Best of luck to you! You are already doing a great progress. Just keep it up!

Anna
in105days is offline   Reply With Quote