Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #1  

Default I have strength today. How can keep my motivation tomorrow?

Today I was strong. I ate salads and small portions. I had a medium sized banana for a snack. I always feel so good when I eat small portions and stay in control.

My fear is that like i usually do, I will wake up and have forgotten that good feeling. PLEASE let me stay strong! I was invited over a friends house this weekend. The friend called right after I had binged. I didn't go.
I felt miserable. I've never reached out to anyone about this before. But now I feel like I have to. Otherwise I may lose myself. I don't like what I am becoming.

I think this site and all of its great members and their posts will help. Right now I feel great. Lets just hope I can remember the feeling tomorrow.

Any tips? (of course I will be reading the forum for tips!)

Louie
noodles009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I don't know that I have any good tips other than to re-read what you wrote the next time you get that out of control feeling. Hopefully, you'll remember how much better you feel eating the smaller, healthier portions.

I do find that the binge-free challenge is a great motivator. It's a place to check in every day, record how you're doing. For me, it's a way to focus more on healthy eating (as opposed to disordered eating, which really has more to do with the reason behind what I'm eating rather than what I'm actually eating!).

It's great to focus on the number of binge-free days as opposed to the number on the scale. This makes it more about a focus on creating a healthy relationship with food over anything else!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

What kind of foods do you binge on? For example, I cannot bring laughing cow cheese or chocolate into the house...I will inhale the whole 8 wedges or a large bar. I have more success with avoiding stuff in the grocery store than I do avoiding it once it's in my house (or at a restaurant, unfortunately). I know that won't help certain kinds of binge, but in general it helps me.

Last edited by tea2; 08-10-2010 at 01:36 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

What was different about yesterday then any other day that made you get through it with success? If you're anything like me it's definitely a minute by minute deal. Have you recognized what causes a bing Like for me it is a range of things (boredom, anxiousness, happy, pretty much anything). Why didn't you go to your friends house (shame or did you think your bingeing would continue)?

Hopefully being on this site will help us all get through our journey of being binge free. At this time the only advice I can give you is stay focus and celebrate each minute that passes that you didn't binge and before you know it the day is over and you have succeeded!

This is what I try to live by, sometimes it sticks and sometimes I stumble but everyday I try again and give it my best.
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #5  

Hi K-boogie and Tea,

I binge on cheese and cookies (Mexican cookies which are my Kryptonite), I kid you not. A box of cereal has power over me as well.

But when i wrote my post (yesterday) it was a combination of disgust at having binged the day before and reading the posts here that helped give me strength. Today was a good day as well. I wrote a few strategies down like , even if i'm very hungry and didn't prepare a meal, I will stay level headed and eat something healthy. Usually being hungry and out and about leads me to a cheeseburger (Cheese). I'm thankful that fast food joints don't carry mexican cookies! (The pink ones especially)

I'm going to follow your advice K-boogie, thanks a bunch.

Louie
Old 08-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Well done for reaching out, it is hard at first but you deserve the care of other recovering people and you deserve your recovery. I think my main motivation is... pain. Yeah simple pain, as i walk into the kitchen i fastforward how i am going to feel when i do so and so. All i need to do is remember my binges, how i felt when i ate 3 ice creams in one go, after dinner and after cookies, how i felt when i lived on crisps, how i couldn't breathe and i felt like my ograns will give up on me because my stomach is pushing them too much.

That always motivates me, never fails. I just picture my future... same as what is above if i do what i used to do. I cannot do the same thing and expect a different result. How about you? Do you want any more pain? I have also eaten a box of cereals in one go, i know the pain, you do too, don't do it to yourself, just today. Tomorrow is another day and it will be better, i promise you.
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #7  

Thanks hope.

Your post has really helped me. I looked at it today at lunch (on my iphone) and it gave me courage. Today was another good day thanks to you.

I'm doing well. I had posted in a different forum that I have stopped using my scale. I used to get upset if a few days had gone by with no weight loss. Now, i'm not going to worry about that. I'm also not going to try and starve myself. Just good sensible eating, and that good feeling of eating small portions. When the urges come around I'll remember how angry I feel when I've lost control!

Louie
Old 08-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi Louie,

I am glad you feel more positive and you are looking towards a bright future. I can only do scales once every few weeks, otherwise my weight goes up and down, water, muscles, things like that. A pound every few weeks will def be down and that way i avoid disappointment. I went off my plan for about a week and i am up a couple of pounds, checked it yesterday. Wasn't particularly happy with it but it wasn't overwhelming like before. I know there is a solution, I have faith that if there are so many people who can do it so can i.

Look at long term goals, starving today means less weight tomorrow but even more weight in a week. It has happened to me so many times before. At the moment I am working on developing long term eating habits like tea with no sugar, no eating before bed or if so, let it be milk or proteins. Having healthy snacks like celery and houmous. Not acting out of emotions by eating but trying to resolve my emotions. Food is only for my body, not for my mood.

I had a good day yesterday, I went to the gym and I have eaten well today so far. I have hope as well, thank you for helping me too.

A friend of mine often says to me: You know that voice that tells you, have just one, just a little, nothing will happen, nobody will find out... and half an hour later, same voice tells you, you idiot, what did you do, how can you do that, you are rubbish, you're a failure etc... i get that a lot and I don't like the second half, so I refuse to listen to the first half as well haha.

Take Care, God Bless!
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote