Old 08-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default ~*~*~*~Weekly Chat - August 9 - August 15~*~*~*~

Good Morning Ladies

Boys suck and Italian food rocks - that is how I'm summing up my weekend.

I was MIA for a few days because I had the hangover of death. Seriously. I vomited alka seltzer in my apartment parking lot on Friday. Not one of my prouder moments (especially since I'm 28) but I feel better now, physically and mentally.

Here's to a positive, on plan week
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

I am paying for my cheat meal on Saturday night. I am up 1.6 pounds today
But I had a YUMMY meal of Cheese Tortellini Alfredo with ham and peas and a mixed drink. I've been having some issues in the digestive area for the last 5-7 days or so, so hopefully that's part of the weight gain also.

Heres to a wonderful ON PLAN week!

Stella - sorry about the hangover!! I no longer drink Red Bull and vodka due to one very rough night a few years back.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

Jenn - Apparently you're not supposed to mix wine and beer. I didn't drink a lot, but I did that, so I was dying the next day.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #4  

Morning ladies! I'm pretty excited since I'm working all week(just as a temp, but still a paycheck) and this is my first time doing a whole work day since I've only managed to do part-time/be in school. Weight-wise, I definitely haven't been doing so hot and I have been fluctuating all over the place within a range of 3-4 pounds. At least since I'm going to be working I won't sit at home and eat like I tend to do. For some odd reason, I'm currently obsessed with oatmeal and I've been eating it every morning with some orange dried cranberries from Trader Joe's.

stella- Sorry about the hangover; they really suck. I can no longer drink anything apple flavored thanks to a very ill-advised night with Apple Bacardi my sophomore year

jenn- sounds like a yummy meal! you gotta let yourself indulge every now and then...it's probably just sodium gain

Have a great Monday ladies!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!

stella - hangovers are never fun! ...beer is not my friend. It makes me not remember things...
jenn - I agree with peachy. It's probably sodium. Lotsa water!
peachy - congrats on the work! a paycheck is a paycheck!

So my weekend was pretty good(ish). Rent was absolutely amazing. No Neil Patrick Harris sighting, but Wayne Brady was amazing and the girl from the kitty Cat Dolls did an excellent job as Maureen. Wasn't a big fan of Vanessa Hudgens (Rosario Dawson just can't be beaten...she was the best Mimi ever). We took a bus to Hollywood, which was awesome. They even had us parked in a special area so all of the cars had to stop for us to go and we made it home in no time. Saturday was good...bad food-wise, but good otherwise. I met my BF's best friend's GF. lol. So that was fun. Oh and yesterday...I spent 3 hours cooking. And during this time my BF was unpacking/cleaning. His dad gets home about two minutes after we sit down (seriously, we had been busy working for five ours) and thinks we haven't done sh!t all day and totally blows up and yells at BF. I was pissed. His sister who is hardly around had a party and made a huge mess. Oh, but it's not her fault, it's BF's. Of course. Well, he handled it better than I would have. And two hours later his dad realizes we had date plans and says "Oh guys want to go to the movies?" Needless to say, we didn't want to. And then he asks BF why he is so grumpy. Really? REALLY? Kinda bad end to a good weekend. But whatever. I hate mean people. And his sister is a B-otch.
But it's Monday. And that makes me sad. Hope all is well with everyone!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

Good morning!
Stella - hang overs are not my friend - My super trick is to drink ice cold chocolate milk in the morning after drinking. I know most people wrinkle thier nose at drinking dairy after a night of drinking, but the milk coats your stomach and the sugar from the chocolae gives you enough pep to function.

I am feeling a sodium styled hangover myself , This weekend was my cousins wedding which my boyfriend and I drove 400 km to go to, and I drink and ate so many yummy but salty foods , that I gained 2.6 lbs in a weekend. I am going to drink 2 litres of water today minium, and hope that tomorrow I'm atleast down a pound. fingers crossed!
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Stella: I also had an awful hangover this weekend. No puking in the parking lot (that was my bf haha) but still felt like CRAP. I didn't gain any weight so I'm happy about that!

Jen: Don't worry about the gain, every once in a while we need some yummy cheesy pasta ... And I bet the digestive problem has a lot to do with it. My doc has me taking over the counter fiber pills for that. They really help.

Peachy: I get on oatmeal kicks too. I think that's a good "kick" to be on though lol... and I sooo wish we had a Trader Joes here.

I feel like CRAP this morning ladies. Here is the issue I'm having. I recently went to my doctor because I get these terrible tension headaches. I have been diagnosed with TMJ, but since insurance companies think it's a "cosmetic" problem they do not pay, and I can't afford the treatment. My doctor says she thinks the tension/teeth clenching is related to an anxiety disorder. I completely agree, I've dealt with anxiety since high school and it is definitely something that runs in my family. I've just never taken medication for it. So she prescribes Klonopin PRN. I know the addictive nature of Klonopin as I work in a Psychiatric inpatient facility and see it's effects every day. However, this medication has REALLY helped me. But, since it is PRN I am not supposed to take it every day. The dilemma is, on the nights I don't take it, I feel like total CRAP the next morning. I have the worst tension headache I've had in a long time this morning. The pain is running all the way down my arm. I even broke down and bought a Coke Zero (which I haven't had in a week and a half and was soo proud) because I'm hoping the caffeine will help along with the excedrine AND aleve I've taken this morning.

So, the dilemma is, I don't want to run out of this medication too fast, go back to the doctor and she won't prescribe it any more because of the addictive nature. Even though, I've started running in the afternoons again because when I come home from work I don't feel like I'm going to die. (dramatic? maybe.) I know I'm not going for a run this afternoon, I'm just going to go home and go to bed! (I didn't take my medication last night)

Sorry for the rant. I'm probably going to get the opinion of one of our Psychiatrists here at the hospital. It's not like I'm taking the medication to get high. It honestly helps me.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Good morning ladies! I'm glad to see most of us are starting this week feeling positive. I'm mostly there... I'm not feeling so positive, but I am feeling extremely determined, that's almost as good right?

Here's to a week of good eating, lots of activity, and good decisions! That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

I couldn't eat all day Friday - we think it might have been coupled with a stomach bug. But yeah, no dairy after drinking. I usually have a bagel with egg and that sets me right, but oof. It was midnight (the day after) and I was driving to NJ and I still wasn't okay.

This day needs to move faaaaster.

Casey - can't they give you something else less addictive, maybe Xanex or something?

Last edited by stellarosa27; 08-09-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
I couldn't eat all day Friday - we think it might have been coupled with a stomach bug. But yeah, no dairy after drinking. I usually have a bagel with egg and that sets me right, but oof. It was midnight (the day after) and I was driving to NJ and I still wasn't okay.

This day needs to move faaaaster.

Casey - can't they give you something else less addictive, maybe Xanex or something?
I would say Xanex is just as addictive. I'm just going to have to talk to her about it. Explain that I take it before bed.. she may give it to me to take as a daily basis, I just don't know. Right now it's PRN, but I'm definitely going to talk to a Psychiatrist here and see what he thinks. I just know the medication is not prescribed for daily use so I feel really uncomfortable taking it daily. Especially when I tell my patient's everyday before they discharge "Remember to take your medications as prescribed!"
Old 08-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #11  

I'm no doctor lol, but perhaps they can give you a lower dose that you can take daily. I dunno. I got percocet for my migraines. Those were too much for me. As in, I enjoyed them too much. I got 20. And I took 20. In maybe two months. So I won't be taking those again. They didn't take away the migraines, they just made me so high that I didn't care. Random. I know. But I feel you on the addictive part. Maybe you aren't emotionally/mentally addicted to them, but maybe your body is becoming somewhat addicted. When you don't take it, you feel like crap. I dunno. Kinda random thoughts.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Hello my lovely ladies!

Stella boys totally suck and I'm soooo over them... I'm just gonna keep telling myself that I'm awesome!

Casey- so sorry to hear about the headaches... I'm having issues with some neck/back pain and it sucks so I totally understand...

I'm personally trying to get an IV drip of water because I'm so dehydrated

I'm going to post pictures in the photo album from this weekend
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade903 View Post
I'm no doctor lol, but perhaps they can give you a lower dose that you can take daily. I dunno. I got percocet for my migraines. Those were too much for me. As in, I enjoyed them too much. I got 20. And I took 20. In maybe two months. So I won't be taking those again. They didn't take away the migraines, they just made me so high that I didn't care. Random. I know. But I feel you on the addictive part. Maybe you aren't emotionally/mentally addicted to them, but maybe your body is becoming somewhat addicted. When you don't take it, you feel like crap. I dunno. Kinda random thoughts.
The lower dose is a good idea. I'm going to take a half of one tonight and see if it helps. That way they will last a little longer as well.
And I know what you mean about pain killers. I was given Hydrocodone after my surgery, and they made me feel a little "too good" as well. Kind of scary.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #14  

Half is a good idea! I hope you feel better!

I posted a picture of me and my sister from Rent in the photo album. Just FYI
Old 08-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #15  

I spoke to one of our staff psychiatrists... he said to try half of one for a while.And if that doesn't work "then we'll talk" He said I don't really have a need to worry about becoming dependent on a half a milligram. So, I feel better, hopefully this will help.