Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #1  

Default Hiding behind the weight....

I was wondering if anyone has experienced using their weight as a "safety blanket" so to speak. I have been trying to figure out what is standing in my way of trying to lose the weight. I started on April 19th to eat better and I lost some weight but several weeks ago I started the bingeing again and I can tell around my middle that I have gained the weight back and maybe more. I was writing in my journal, tonight, trying to come to some conclusion on why I can't stick with it and what I seriously think is that the weight serves a purpose. The purpose of the weight is to keep me safe from taking chances in most any realm i.e. getting a better job, making friends, going to church, men, basically anything that could move me forward and productive in life.

Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you overcome it.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Bonnie
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #2  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Yes, I have experienced this. I know of one reason why my weight is a safety blanket, but I suspect that there are more that I don't realize yet. Unfortunately, I have not overcame it yet. Sorry I don't have words of advice, but I understand how you feel.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/162/154

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie2009 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has experienced using their weight as a "safety blanket" so to speak. I have been trying to figure out what is standing in my way of trying to lose the weight. I started on April 19th to eat better and I lost some weight but several weeks ago I started the bingeing again and I can tell around my middle that I have gained the weight back and maybe more. I was writing in my journal, tonight, trying to come to some conclusion on why I can't stick with it and what I seriously think is that the weight serves a purpose. The purpose of the weight is to keep me safe from taking chances in most any realm i.e. getting a better job, making friends, going to church, men, basically anything that could move me forward and productive in life.

Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you overcome it.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Bonnie
Yes Bonnie, I have use my weight as an excuse of not doing things or things not happening to me, or delaying things: I dont have a boyfriend/husband because I am fat NOT because maybe I dont know how to interact with men, I dont have a better job because I am fat, and so on.
I think my problem is that my parents were (my mom still is) overprotective and that made me so insecure still in my age (34)
Its a scary thought thinking even if I lose all the weight I am still going to have the same problems/issues.

So I think we need to work with our self-esteem all the time, fat or thin
Siki is offline   Reply With Quote