General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

Default Need help setting weight loss goal!

I am following the diet plan in Jackie Warner's book This is Why You're Fat. I've lost 17 lbs so far and this is definitely something that I can stick with as it is a lifestyle not a restrictive diet.

Now that I see this is working, I am having trouble figuring out what my goal weight should be. I am 5' 5" and started at 227 and now weigh 210. I weighed 129 when I graduated high school, but don't know if that is a realistic goal??? I am 30 now with a 9 month old son, so I know my body has changed a lot. I think I have to get to 149 to be at healthy BMI, so maybe somewhere in the middle of the two?

How do you decide your goal weight?
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:16 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I think between the two sounds a good option - but getting to a healthy BMI would be a good first goal.

I've got 2 goals on my 2 tickers at the moment - 135, which takes me to a) 'normal' (just) and b) one pound more than I made last time. 139 takes me to 9 stone 13 ~ and to have stones in single digits would be amazing!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

You and I are the same height and you are correct, 149 is the top weight to be in the normal range. Maybe you should consider getting to that point first and then readjusting your goal from there. I too would like to be somewhat less than that but find it stressful to think about anything more than getting to a healthy BMI first.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the advice! I've decided to go for normal healthy BMI for now and then see what's that like and go from there!
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote