Old 08-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/170

Height: 5'3

Default Ugh...I always mess up at dinner!

I dont know what it is but I always seem to mess up at dinner time. I have 10 points to use and usually go over between 5 or sometimes 8 points. I keep on counting and have used my weekly allowance but I feel so guilty for doing so like I failed =( I know this isnt the case but it is so discouraging and its only day 2. I know im beating myself up to much over this.
sasinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'7

You can always take the points you go over with out of your 35 weekly Flex points. DON'T GIVE UP! That's what we are here for To support you the whole way.

My personal issue with dinner is I don't ever go over my points, but I measure exactly one serving of everything I make and sometimes, even though it is within my points allowance, I get full after eating only some of it. But I CONTINUE to eat it and over stuff myself. I am going to start measuring half of everything and I also read a good point yesterday. use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate. It will trick your brain into thinking you have a full plate when really you don't.
kaylamparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Not in WW any longer, but when I was, our leader had a suggestion for people whose trouble spot was dinner - start the day at dinner time. If your trouble spot is after dinner snacking then start counting after dinner. Your day can be any 24 hour period - as long as you're consistent.

I tried it for a while, and it did work really well. For some reason it's psychologically easier to budget early in the on-paper "day." And yet it's also easiest for me to eat less early in the "real, actual" day.

The old way, if I ran out of points by dinner time, I was screwed. But if I refreshed my day at dinner time, even if I ran out of points in the late morning or early afternoon, it wasn't hard to wait until dinner time when I'd get new points for the new day.

Worth a shot anyway.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'7

Oh! I like that
kaylamparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #5  
long journey

S/C/G: 222/197/155

Height: 5' 7''

Dran t hats a fantastic idea. Thats my trouble spot after 6:00 at night. I c an go most of the d ay eating smaller portions, but as soon as I get home from work, its like t he flood gate opens, and I can't stop eating. It does not matter how much I fill up on sald or veggies sometimes, I just need to binge, but I don't have points / or points in teh bank ( 35) left. Maybe this will help. I will give it a whirl
ifatfirstwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/147/145

Height: 5'7"

thats brilliant! maybe i'll do that too. My dinner today was 14 points! yikes! im just so hungry by the end of the day...
GeneralCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #7  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

i was doing that but then i got confused with exercise points lol i don't know why i just couldn't get my head around what day to use the AP lol
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote