Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 11:07 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#226

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:16 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

HEY THIN...... what's the deal ?????
You start a new thread but don't post. Don't you know how much we miss you ???????

My granddaughter is cutting her first tooth. She is such an angel.
Her red hair is starting to show up now. She doen't have much hair... but what she has is definitely red. She has such a sweet face. I made her mad because she wanted to crawl around everywhere so I had to vacumn... she did not like that at all. Her temper matches her hair. I wish they had named her some Irish name.

My food sucks... This stress over my mom has put me into an "I don't care mode". Well, it is not just my mom... it is my whole family. (my brothers and sister and dad) You would not believe some of the stuff going on.

Do any of you watch "Friends"? They are transfering Chandler to Tulsa, OK. I know they are going to be making fun of Oklahoma for the next year. Don't believe everything they say... Oklahoma is a wonderful place to live and Tulsa is a VERY nice place. When we first moved to OKla we lived in Tulsa for 3 years.
I know they will be funny jokes... and I will laugh too... but I fear it will give OK and Tulsa a bad image. Y'all are gonna think we ain't got not educashion down yonder. (sorry, I couldn't resist)

I am soooooo excited about my trip!!!!! I am counting down the days. I will miss you... but I am going to ENJOY this stress free trip. I will see you all when I get back if I don't make it back in before I go.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:18 AM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Hey guys......

just checking in to see what everyone is up to. I've got to get all my posting in before I leave Saturday morning, huh? Food, thus far is excellent, I have to say. I will not lie and say I haven't been tempted.......I have. BUT, I overcame those temptations I am proud to say. Usually, when I go to the races, I am all prepared (food wise) and then I get there and say, "What the heck?" (and that's even knowing I have to answer to WI (not Wisconsin) at WW. I'll be honest, I have been a little afraid that this would be the situation this time too......and would be especially easy seeing as I only have myself to answer to. But now that I'm thinking about it.......don't I always only have to answer to myself? Anyways, I want to make this promise to you......my dear friends and cyber family:

I WILL stay on program while I am in Charlotte. I will be tempted, but I will be strong. I will drink my water and eat what I have taken with me, and if I do eat out, I will make smart sensible choices. This is vow. I know I can do it and I will be strong.

I had a case of "gee, I feel old" last night. My oldest son Brian, who is 14 came home from wrestling practice and was describing all the exercises that he had to do, one in particular that bothered me was where he had to carry someone in his weight class up and down bleachers. That to me, seems very hard and dangerous, but he assures me it must be done. Anyways, I'm babbling........where the "gee, I feel old" comes from is when he took his shirt off to show me his "muscles" and I was not prepared for what I saw. My child has muscles! Quite a few! Not to mention that mustache that is slowly but steadily growing on his upper lip. Oh......how I hate not seeing my little baby anymore. But I suppose I should be grateful because Brian is such a good child. I have seen so many other kids his age that are smoking, drinking, doing drugs and just look awful. You know the type..........hair all different colors, pants down around their knees and so many things pierced that you just want to go up to them and say, "WHY??!!" and then smack em down! I guess I should thank the good Lord every day that the only problem I have is getting him to do his chore when he's suppossed to.

I'm not going to get into individual replys tonight but there are a few things that are on my mind, so I will mention them: 2cute: Have fun on your trip. Enjoy yourself and be careful. Thin: I miss you. Come back soon. Michelle: Glad you are ok. Hope your having fun with your relatives. Lucky: Chatting sounds great to me! I can't wait. I don't know about everybody else, but I would like to keep it just between us gals, if possible. Baylee: Where are you? Hope your ok. We miss you.
Kat: Sorry your having a hard time with your co-worker. That really stinks. My thoughts are with you and just rest in the knowledge it won't be much longer. Mary: Glad to see you haven't fled the country. Come back and see us when you can. Take care. J-Ann: Get your butt back to journaling....it really does make a difference. And don't forget, we are here for you. SaraJoy: You are doing so well and you seem to have a pretty busy life. Thanks for all your motivation! tontoy: Yes, the food temptation is very very hard. We ALL know that. It's like someone said. You just have to hear that "click". We are here for you sweetie. You CAN do this. We can do it together. Duckie: Where are you? Haven't seen you in a day or two. I need to see what my "weight buddy" is doing. Hope to see you soon.

GEEZ...........I THOUGHT I SAID I DIDN'T HAVE TIME FOR INDIVIDUAL REPLYS!! Ahhh, what was I thinking? I always have time for you guys. And.................

Am I the only one that saw MY MAN on the front page of the message board?! Imagine my surprise when down the right side of the front page is one of our newest sponsors (from what I gather) FOXSPORTS with an ad for TonyStewart.com and a great big ol' picture of his face in the background. I was "literally" bouncing in my chair. This is a sign! Of what, I'm not sure, but definitely a sign.

Ok, it is definitely time for me to go......I've rambled far too long. I guess it's because that's what happens when you talk to family. Hope all my friends are doing well and I will see you sweeties tomorrow.

Last edited by QueenB; 10-11-2002 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:20 AM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Just a quick hello! My parents left at 2 am this morning so they should be here anytime now. It will take them a little longer since its pouring rain! The laundry is done the house is clean and I am dressed. Andrew is eating his breakfast and I just need to get him dressed afterwards!

Have a great weekend. My food stinks already! But after the family leave I will be back on track!

Sounds like they are here! TTFN Love you guys!!"
Michelle
Old 10-11-2002, 07:56 AM   #5  

Michelle & Tina have fun .....

Kat I have the same issue as you at work. I have one co-worker that tattles and the other that lies and tattles plus she doesn't work. The stupid part is the EVERYONE else from EVERY department knows this but our supervisor. I just keep my mouth shut and pray for a new job.

Hey, I just remembered, did you guys forget about finding me a new job and hunk

It is suppose to snow here tomorrow.... It is way to early for that.

Better get to work.

Just go to the chat room and pick "our" room...don't forget our password!!!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 12:02 PM   #6  

Default It's Freezing Here

Woke up to a thin layer of snow covering the ground, aren't we just lucky, it's minus 8 here, and windy. I hate the cold. Like the snow but hate the cold.

Foods been good, broke down and ate a chocolate bar yesterday, was really craving one, so instead of denying myself and going crazy with the food all day, I had the bar and continued the rest of the day eating healthy, and you know what it didn't even taste that good . First bar in propably a month so I guess that's not to bad. Been doing my WATP 6 days now in a row. It's such a fast workout, just what I need, don't have the stamina to go any longer.

Thanks giving weekend, good and bad, good food, bad for body, I guess It doesn't have to be bad. I enjoy the veggies more than the meat and potatoe, and deserts. I love yams, turnips, brussel sprouts, and this broccoli casserole my mom makes. This year I vow to not have gravy. Will watch what I eat today and tomorrow, so I can show a loss on Monday.

I think I'm quite lucky with the job I have. I don't have to deal with other co workers, I'm the only girl that works here, and you know the problems usually occur between women, I have my own building, it's tiny but I'm the only one, that works in it, and I have no one looking over my shoulder tellin me what to do. Didn't hear anything back about that other job I applied for, the more I think about it the more I don't want an interview.

ToCute enjoy you trip, you seem to do alot of traveling, I haven't gone anywhere other than camping during the summer. Nothing relaxing or romantic. Maybe that will be my reward when I hit 295 lbs.

Queen B you have fun on your trip as well, you must really love Tony, or is it the actual racing you like as well. I hate sports, watching them that is, maybe live they would be more interesting, but my finace is a sports fanatic, and that's the biggest thing we fight about, who gets the tv tonight. Racing would probalby be pretty exciting live though. Have fun

Oh by the way my bladder infection seems to have cleared up, so that's good, got med before it got to bad, in the first place.

Well I should go and get some work done, check in later
Old 10-11-2002, 12:43 PM   #7  

Talking Hi again chickies!

I had fun at "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" last night. I laughed out loud a bunch of times! It's a feel good, romantic comedy... definitely a "chick" flick! (OMG... the guy on that movie was SO hot!) Afterwards, we went over to my friend's house and I tried on her clothes! She has a few things that look great on me! Shocking! I borrowed one of her funky tops and I'm gonna wear it to the bar tonight to go dancing! (Something I would NEVER have done almost 80 pounds ago!)

So... all is peachy keen on the diet front. I am "conserving my calories" today so I can have a few drinks tonight guilt-free. I've found that Crystal Light and Vodka mix fairly well so that has been my drink of choice lately. Listen to me... giving tips to all the die-hard lushes that are trying to lose weight!

Duckie... I'm glad you're feeling better. Hmmm... I don't know if I like it when people say (of women co-workers), "You know how women can be". I think the statement should simply be "You know how co-workers can be". Women AND men can both be troublemakers and I believe there's enough of a "Boy's Club" in most workplaces that, in general, the women need to support one another! Grrr... my hubby has always worked for big, powerful companies and it's absolutely sickening the lack of women in management circles; it's a boy's club and it's been making me wacky/sick lately! Grrr... (I think I MAY be taking my anger at our whole patriarchal society out on Duckie!) Sorry!

Michelle... Have an awesome time with your family! Don't overwork yourself! I know from experience, having family over can be a lot of fun BUT it's SO tiring!

Tina... Have fun in Charlotte and good for you for being so committed to your diet that you've promised yourself (and us) that you'll make smart choices! It's great that you're not "putting off" dieting while you're there. Like I ALWAYS say... "A year from now, you'll wish you'd started today!"

2Cute... You're heading off too! Boy... people are busy this weekend! Have an awesome, relaxing, well-deserved time off!

I'm gonna take off for now but I'll be around this afternoon so post to keep me outta the kitchen!

Sara
Old 10-11-2002, 01:54 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Greetings and Salutations,

AAACCCCHHH! This has GOT TO STOP! I journaled this A.M. was doing good. Then I got hungry (Not really, just stressed. :hypno: ) The next thing you know I was eating 1/2 my lunch. Then at lunch time I actually drove myself to B.K. and pigged out on junk. Now I'm upset with myself and I'm going to have to be very very careful for the rest of the day. Prob. soup and salad for supper. I'll still be over my points but at least I'm able to do some damage control.

OK, I've thought this thru. I can lose weight! It's just not easy right now so I have to WORK HARDER AT DOING WHAT BEST FOR ME!

Like the song says:"I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman" So there!

Talk to you later my friends,
Old 10-11-2002, 02:31 PM   #9  

Hello everyone,

I swear I am going to stay away from that damn scale!! I just want to know that I am doing something right. Everytime I would get on it it would read 244 then I would get on another time and it said 238, it would never stay still!! Forget it, I am going to stop weighing myself and go on how I feel. I feel great, I still have not had a drink, I was tempted at lunch. I had shrimp, pasta and a great pesto sauce, but all I drank was water! That is good for me because I would have had 2 glasses of wine. My husband and I are going to show this evening I hope! I have to make sure I have a babysitter for my two year old daughter! She is so cute. I bought part of her haloween costume, she is going to be a princess, so I got her some glass slippers with heels and a tiarra (hope I spelled that right)! She loved the shoes. She didn't take them off and fell asleep in them. I swear I love that little girl to death!!!!

Well everyone have a good weekend. I am going to continue to stick to healthy eating and drinking.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:09 PM   #10  

Hello everyone!!

Sara, I haven't given up on this place...I was away on a trip to Arkansas and have been sick since I returned home. I am WAY behind on posts...wow you guys know how to write.

Went to the doctors today...she put me on an antidepressant, one that is not known to add weight. We discussed my weight and she feels that depression is my biggest problem. I popped a pill as soon as I got home. Maybe I will start feeling better.

She scheduled a mammogram for later this month... Never had one before and am not looking forward to it. She scheduled my MRI right afterwards. God I hate those things!! I'm crossing my fingers that I get better news in that area.

2cute, I live in Oklahoma...and yes Tulsa is a great place. I love going shopping there. I have considered moving there in the past.

Well, time to go take my nap. At least when I am sleeping I am not in the fridge.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:42 PM   #11  

Default Popping in!

Hiya Ladies!

Sweetpea... Yahoo! I thought you had abandoned us! I'm so glad you're back! You gotta TELL US when you're going away... or else I start to imagine all sorts of crazy, terrible things! I've got my fingers crossed that your antidepressant does the trick. It's a vicious cycle, people are depressed, so they eat and then they get fat and that depresses them and they eat, etc... If they can find something to break the cycle (like an antidepressant), they can escape it!

Baylee... That IS good news! You're doing awesome! You're awesome for sticking it out... and it's reflected in the scales! Before you know it, you'll be in the 220s, then the 210s, the plain ol' 200s and then... 100 something! Yahoo! It CAN be done; I came all the way from 270!

J-Ann... I'm glad you're sticking with it even though you gave into temptation for a MOMENT. A moment is all it was... it has passed and you're still on track. Just like Baylee, your committment will pay off in the long haul!

I'll be back!
Sara
Old 10-11-2002, 06:07 PM   #12  

Well I'm off for the weekend, I'll be thinking about you guys, and the kick in the butt I'll receive if I pig out at Thanksgiving dinner, maybe this will keep me in focus to be a good girl.
Have a good weekend and Happy Thanksgiving, and be strong, lets not let temptation get to us.
See you on Monday, that is if I decide to come in on Monday, for the over time.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:27 PM   #13  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Just for Lucky............

I didn't forget you sweetie. Here.......just for you!
Old 10-11-2002, 08:24 PM   #14  

Oh my, Tina, you so know me!

He is exactly what I am looking for. :

Ummmm do you have his phone number?
Old 10-11-2002, 08:28 PM   #15  

Wouldn't you just love to bite that lower lip?????

You got me going now, Tina, and here I am home alone!!!!

It's okay, because you are thinking of me and my hunk...I promise you will get invited to the wedding so keep sending me those :.
Closed Thread