Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 02:47 PM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Sorry another question

I am starting BFL on Sunday and am trying to get everything ready and in order....mostly food which I still am not understanding.

1) What percentage of Carbs and protien are OK in combo foods like say granola bars or is everything basically a carb, protien or veggie.

2) I will not be taking supplements, I rely on medication to live so I have a hatred towards taking anything..sorry just a thing with me. Anyways what would you suggest a shopping list be for a newbie....keep in mind I hate fish and yogurt....sorry to be such a pain but I really want to give this program a try, I have been on the L&S site all day and the before and afters are amazing...just giving me more incentive.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2002, 03:14 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

No problem Chic!

1) Basically what you need to do is go to Page 83 of the book and the list of 'authorized foods' is there. Unfortunately granola bars aren't authorized. (except on Free Day of course when anything goes!). Next time you're at L&S, check the Cooking Library for some good recipes - most (if not all) are perfect for BFL.

2) You don't need to take any supplements at all (see the 'sticky' at the top of this forum). I'd recommend a multivitamin though. EFAs (essential fatty acids) such as Udo's Choice or flaxseed oil are excellent as well.

Shopping list - just copy the Eating for Life on Page 83...find the foods you enjoy in each column...and go shopping. I'd also recommend checking out Tall Jen's Daily Menu Thread on the L&S Main Board and PLEASE don't be afraid to ask questions there - or just browse the threads - most likely your question has already been answered. TJ is a sweetheart and is more than willing to help with your menu dilemmas! Not to mention - just READING the menu thread can give you some great meal ideas!

Matter of fact here's the link to today's menu thread:

http://www.leanandstrong.net/cgi-bin...=351229#351229

Hope that helps a bit - feel free to ask away!
Closed Thread