Old 08-03-2010, 02:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Default overwhelmed with workout choices

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed and have trouble sticking to 1 exercise program or set of videos? I feel I give up after a week and move to the next one. I think it's the lack of results and being bored (if I saw results I wouldn't get bored, if that makes sense).

I also just feel overwhelmed because even if I did stick to a program, I don't know if it'll give me the results I'm looking for in the end.
It probably doesn't matter too much at the moment since I'm losing weight, but I would like to see a toned body once the weight is off.

Do you see better results sticking to one routine or does anyone else switch it up weekly and still see good results (strength, toning, muscle, fitness and even weight loss wise since some workouts burn more calories)?
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree. I was telling my hubby today that I start a program then within days get swayed towards something else. I think as long a you are moving and working out whether or not you finish a program is irrelevant. I personally would like to stick with a program but have yet to finish one.
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I don't think it much matters at the start... just do your time and if you want to bop around DVDs to keep it interesting so you do it, so be it.

I'm on Self magazine's 4 pack right now, but I insert others in there as the mood strikes.

What sort of results are you looking for?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #4  
Apey

S/C/G: 203/167.2/145

Height: 5'6''

I was told that you should switch your routine up atleast every 3 weeks to keep your body guessing. Otherwise it's not as effective, so switching it up all the time is a great way to work out. As the above posters states, as long as it keeps you exercising, it doesn't really matter if you never finish a program. As it is now I do yoga, zumba, running, walking, and weightlifting. Which one I do depends on my mood. Variation is key!
Apeyness is offline   Reply With Quote