Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 12:18 PM   #1  
Woman on a Mission

Default #160- Marching into Fall....

Good Morning Everyone,

I figured it was time to start a new thread. Hope you all are having a good week so far. The board is still pretty quiet so I hope all you lurkers will feel free to join in.

Things here are fine. I'm having a Heavenly Nights party tomorrow night (romance party) so I'm just trying to get prepared for that. Thank God my cleaning lady comes in tomorrow is all I can say I'll be having a fruit and veggie tray, a bit of wine and a cheesecake for later on but I'm going to do my best to stay away from that as I have a hard time with that stuff. A little piece is never enough

We're having my BIL over on Sunday for Thanksgiving so it'll be a small affair with just the three of us as my sisiter and her boyfriend are going to the Say Hay benefit concert for the drought stricken farmers out west.

Hope you all are doing well. Remember that it's one minute, one hour, one meal at a time.

Take care,
Pam
Old 10-10-2002, 06:18 PM   #2  

Hi Pam,

Yes, I am trying to keep a clear head about this. I just read an inspiring article in the Calgary Herald this morning about a woman who has lost 112 lbs and just ran in the half marathon and has her sites set on the Iron Man. I am thinking if 1 woman can do it, so can I. Here's to perseverance.

Sorry to hear you are battling headaches. They so much out of you. Is R & R in the near future? Or is that one of those "I must get around to it" kind of things

I know how hard it is to be working full time and trying to do courses too! Good for you for making such a big commitment and also being able to stay OP.

We are going to the theatre tonight to see a new play called Quietly Overwhelmed.

Hope you have a good evening, too!

Talk soon,
Karie
Old 10-11-2002, 10:01 AM   #3  

Hi Ladies,

The board has been quiet lately, but those posting seem to be doing pretty good staying on program. I hope all is going well for those not posting.

I have been staying op with my eating and have been working harder at exercising. I have decided to break it up, and have two 15 minute sessions on the treadmill each day, instead of doing it all in one, that way I will at least get one mile a day in. And I am using the 1 lb weights for my arm exercises. I even encouraged my dh to get on the treadmill yesterday for 15 minutes. I hope that means he will start working with me. I got on the scales this morning and it had finally started moving again. It was down 3 lbs. I was so excited, I hope I can hold it there until my official weighin on Monday for the Halloween challenge! Just maybe I might make my goal after all. I was beginning to think I couldn't do it in time! I just knew exercise was the key!

Karie, that woman in Calgary sounds like quite a woman, we could all take a little inspiration from her. Yes you can do it Karie, just look at what you have already accomplished. You can do anything you set your mind to - we all can, if we just stay focused and keep on program, one day at a time, one meal at a time, and be sure to include some exercise each day!

And remember what we are doing is not a diet it is a liv-it, a lifestyle change where we are training ourselves to eat healthy and exercise regularly. A plan we can live with for the rest of our lives so there will be no more yo yo dieting. We will get to a healthy weight eventually and stay at a healthy weight! Right

Hi to every one I missed, and good luck to all of us for an op day
Old 10-12-2002, 09:18 AM   #4  

Morning everyone,

Thanks for your pep talk Grandma G. I know that you are right and it is helpful to hear it again especially when my motivation is on the wane.

I had a good week this week tho' and think I will go to weight watchers this morning to check in when I know I have a loss. If I can just lose two or three times in a row again, I know I will be on the other side of this hump. I am so determined to get to my goal regardless of how long it takes me.

Grandma, good job on being down 3 lbs. You are doing so well. I don't know how you do it when it sounds like you have to eat out a fair bit. Keep up the good work and good luck meeting the Halloween challenge. I am so in for the next challenge.

How is it going Pam? I hope those nasty headaches are leaving you alone. I know that you were talking about changing your goal weight but I am not sure if you did. How far away are you now? I am rooting for you. You are proving to me it can be done!

Hey everyone else, where are you? Don't give up. We are here for you and we are going forward.

Have a great day. I will report back after WW.

Karie
Old 10-12-2002, 10:27 PM   #5  

Yes, Yes, Yes!

I am on my weigh down again

Down 3.8 lbs today! Yahoo!

Finally, ok I am so on a roll now. Anybody need motivation?? I have lots to share now.

All of a sudden I remember the feeling and why I am doing this.
Hope everyone else is having a good a day as I am. I am about to try a whole bunch of new recipes and liv-it (Thanks Grandma G)

Pam, How was your weigh in today?

Come on back everyone. I want everyone to feel this great.

Later,
Karie
Old 10-13-2002, 10:04 AM   #6  
Woman on a Mission

Way to go Karie!!!! I'm so proud of you my friend. What a great thing to read here first thing this morning. I'd checked in after supper last night but you hadn't been here yet so this is a great way to start the day by reading about your fabulous loss! I'm glad it's all clicking for you again. Are you and DP doing anything for Thanksgiving?

Weigh in yesterday for me was another maintain. This is the third week in a row I've weighed in at 155.4 lbs. I'm trying not to get frustrated but I had banked points left over for the week but I think it's because I'm not exercising enough so I know I have to burst back into that and see if I can get this scale moving downwards again. *sigh* Now if I can get back on track after yesterdays smorgusborg (sp) I'll be alright. Yes, you're reading right, I fell hard yesterday and didn't count points. I will count today and try and repair the damage. I'm not mad at myself just disappointed because I knew exactly what I was doing but did it anyways.

I'm still setting my goal weight at 150 lbs and hope to be there by Christmas. I'm giving myself lots of time to achieve it because I plan on maintaining it for a long, long time to come. I bought my first size 12 dress last week for Erwin's Christmas party and I promise to take a picture to scan for you guys to see me all "gussied" up. I think I look really nice in it. It's just a basic black sleevess dress that if I get back to weight training soon, I should have some killer arms to poke out of it

Thanks for being here for me this morning....I really need to have my morning coffee with friends ...Karie, we should work on meeting each other this spring in Calgary. I think that would be beyond cool to finally have a mini TPAT reunion.

I hope you all have a great day and if anyone is lurking who is Canadian, enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend. We're having my brother-in-law over today for dinner so that'll be nice. Erwin makes an awesome stuffing! (4 pts for 1/2 c....see I did my homwork today )

Talk to you all later,

Pam
Old 10-13-2002, 01:48 PM   #7  

Good morning, good morning!

Hey, Pam, I am so glad you came on line today. Thanks for the great support.

I know how frustrating it is to work hard and not lose a thing. I really believe tho', that your body is adjusting to the new weight and reshaping. Even tho' I wasn't losing weight the last two months, some of my clothes were fitting differently. I would bet that is what is happening to you.

Keep up the good work and you are so right that this is a long term venture so of course you are going to go over you points sometimes. The big difference now is that that is less often than we used to do it and I think that really represents a new way of life. You have done so well, my friend. When you feel a little discouraged trust that I am sending you very strong vibes from the south and let me be there with you. You will be there by Christmas and I just know you will knock 'em dead in your dress. Hey, I think you should post a picture of those workout arms. It could be kind of an artsy shot.

Good job on figuring out the dressing points. I am taking some turkey gravy I have to my moms since she loves to make it from the drippings of the turkey and I am through looking like the turkey so I am staying away from it

DP and I are going to my moms for dinner. My sisters, their partners and nephews will all be there. It will be fun. I am making two WW jellied salads so I know the points.

I would love to meet you in person. I will hold onto the goal weight gift I am making for you until then.

Thanks for being here,
Karie

Hey, the rest of you :Step away from that turkey and come talk to us online. It is fewer calories
Old 10-13-2002, 09:31 PM   #8  
Ginny

Hi ladies,

Happy thanksgiving to all you Canadians...we have another month to go before we are tempted by the big TURKEY...

I am still yoyoing...I finally got away from the quack I used to go to... I have an appointment with a new doctor the 4th of Nov. I will take up the issues of my medications and problems with all the yoyoing and see if we can't come up with a workable solution.
I'll let you know...it is so frustrating to lose and gain lose and gain,, the same 10 pounds over and over and over.. well I am sure you all know what I am talking about.

Other than that,, it is definetly fall, dh and I took a nice drive up north today,, a nice color tour. Did a little shopping, had some supper. Then stopped at his sisters on way home and had some tea to warmup.. it is cold out,, and a piece of freshly baked apple pie,, baked with splenda so not to terribly bad... but figured tomorrow is another day...

Well, take care all, will check in later this week, hope everyone is doing well with their liv-its...

Dahlia
Old 10-14-2002, 11:37 AM   #9  
One more time

Default mind if i join......

I use to come here when the thread was first formed....then went over to another thread...it had disappeared into thin air....

I really need to get on the wagon again....and get out of the kitchen..I'm always looking for something to eat..and I'm not really hungry, its just something to do, like I don't have anything to do around here..

I got down to 147 this spring, I'm now back up to 160, so its like I'm starting all over again, I'm glad I never threw any old clothes away...
Old 10-14-2002, 12:36 PM   #10  

Welcome Sandy,

I hear you about that yoyo thing. I am glad you have decided to come back and look for the support you need. You are on the right track.

Our board has been a bit quiet the last while, but the folks who do post are very supportive and certainly understand where you are right now.

Let us know how you are doing.

Karie
Old 10-15-2002, 04:12 PM   #11  

Smile Back from Vacation

Hi everyone! I am back from the best vacation in my life - second to my honeymoon Dan and I went to Door County, WI for the pumpkin festival. The leaves had changed color, the food was great, and the festival totally fun. Dan hates his job and this was so relaxing for him. I haven't seen him have that much fun in awhile. It was great!

Alright Pam and the rest of you Canadians - you had me scared about Thanksgiving! I got worried I was missing it! Then I realized you lived in Canada - oops! Hope you guys had a GREAT day!

Let's see...so much catching up to do!

Karie - I have thought about training for a marathon also - I asked 2 people (including my husband) to do it with me, and they both said NO!

Grandma G - GREAT job on the 3 pounds.
Karie - same to you - 3.8 pounds - that's AWESOME!
Hi to everyone else that is lurking/that I missed

I am doing well today. Have eaten OP and am not hungry. Out of my favorite fish - will have to substitute for dinner. I will check in later - talk to you soon!

Meg
Old 10-15-2002, 05:20 PM   #12  

Hey, Meigg,
Welcome back. It sounds like you had a great time. I used to be in California about this time of year every year and I loved the huge pumpkin lots they had set up in various vacant lots and all the decorating. We don't have much of that here unless we do it ourselves.

Hope your day goes well.

Hi Dahlia,
How are things with you today. Sounds like you will be starting a new regime. Best of luck with it.

Pam,
How was Thanksgiving? Hope you outran the turkey and all the trimmings.

I went to the Say Hay concert last night. It was put on to suport all the farmers in Alberta who suffered at the hands of the drought this summer. All the top Canadian country and wester performers were there so it was a four hour concert. Unbelieveable! PS. Ate before I went so I wasn't tempted by the fast food at the arena.

Have a great day everyone.

Karie
Old 10-15-2002, 08:44 PM   #13  
Woman on a Mission

Hi all,

Meigg, welcome back from your fantastic sounding holiday! I'm glad you and Dad got some R & R

Karie, my sister went to the Say Hay concert up here and said it was really good. I'm so happy they reached their fundraising goal. As far as Thanksgiving goes, let's just say I'm putting the last 3 days behind me and starting again. I fell off the wagon and then got trampled by the next one. LOL. 'Nuff said Let's just say cheesecake must not enter my house again...

Dahlia, Grandma G, Lisa, Carol, Slim, Linda, hope all is well and good.

I'll check back in later as I'm off to hit the treadmill for a half hour. *sigh* I must work off the excess I ate this weekend.

On a positive note I booked off next Friday and Monday and told my boss I was taking them for mental health days. He said as long as I showed up for inventory the weekend after that I could pretty much do what I wanted Hmmm...no wonder he agreed so quickly.

Talk to you all later,

Pam
Old 10-16-2002, 12:14 PM   #14  

Day 2 of back OP. Going well so far. I thought of going out for lunch, but I brought today, and I am determined to eat that!

Work is boring as ever. Waiting to hear on a great interview I had last week.

Hope everyone is doing well - Meg
Old 10-16-2002, 10:26 PM   #15  
Woman on a Mission

Hey Meigg, great job on being OP! Every minute, every hour, everyday is what I too am trying to concentrate on. This is also day 2 of recovery OP for me since Thanksgiving. I also have worked out two days in a row this week also. I did my Pilates for Dummies video and holy cow it's harder than I remember.

I sent off my first assignment to the University for grading in my home study accounting course so now we'll see how much I'm actually getting out of it. The course is more challenging than I thought it would be as far as "teaching' myself out of a book. I've come to the realization that alot of it depends on the writing of the textbook.

Hope you all had a good day and I'll check back in tomorrow.

Pam
Closed Thread