Old 08-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Default 20-Somethings WW Thread - August!

Good morning and happy August!

zan - I loved that comic strip! Pretty funny!

Sorry I've been MIA. It's been a busy/crazy/weird couple of days. Totally off plan. But I got paid and went grocery shopping, so here I am, back on track. I read "Eat Clean Diet" over the weekend. I skipped through all of the "diet" parts, I'm just interested in the idea of eating clean (I don't need to hear about how much weight people lost any other crazy promises). I'm still doing weight watchers, I just want to try it from a non-processed food perspective. Has anyone tried this?

Well, I should get working! Have a fantastic Monday!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Happy August! This month should be fun filled for me. I am traveling back home next week for a wedding. Then I come home just in time for my 29th birthday! Ahhhh! I can't believe I will be 30 next year. Anyway, looking forward to a good month.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #3  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm joining in this month! Had a really off-plan weekend, then TOM showed up last night. I guess I know where all those cravings were coming from now!

ade - I try to do something similar, I count ww points, but I try and do it as "clean" as possible, hardly any processed foods. I've never read "Eat Clean Diet" but I really love "Superfoods Rx". Its got tons of great info about nutrients and why you should eat whole foods.

KayNicole - Happy Birthday!!!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #4  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Oh silly me, I posted in the July thread. Guess I'm just resistant to change, .

Ade, I lean toward "whole foods" when I grocery shop, which is similar to "clean foods" by what I'm pickin' up from googling the phrase, but not the whole organic end. Organic is hard for me to do and I've never been a complete whole foodie. (There's an entire section for them here at 3FC if I remember right)

I basically stick to the produce and refridgerated sections and try to stay away from the processed goodies like pasta, crackers, and soup. I've sort of done this for a few years now (so pre-ww), so it's was easier for me to get further away from them than it might sound. But I do still get a few processed things now and then, it's hard to wean off of! Like my weakness for taco shells. And I kind of slipped with the hotdogs.

Though, I think I'd like to try to commit to it more. I don't think I could give up my cereal, but I will give up the 100 calorie cookie and snack mix bags (just waiting for my last box of shortbread cookies to disappear ). It was nice to mostly eat fruit and veggies this weekend, with my cereal for a snack. Cooked up a pork loin too.

Let us know how it's workin' out for you. I'd like to hear it.

----Edit----
Kay! It's just a number! And one I have managed to forget a few times,
Happy Pre-Birthday!
Have fun! Your body will tell you when to slow down, so no same-ol'-same-ol', spice it up!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 08-02-2010 at 11:54 AM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #5  

Thanks, Denice. It isn't until the 21st but I am looking forward to it.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #6  

I think the reason I'm doing it is because otherwise I don't hold myself accountable. I was eating such healthy stuff at work (lots of fruits/veggies/low point stuff) that I'd have a lot of points left over for dinner, then I'd eat crap. And that's not what I want to do. Or what I should do. And I just want to feel GOOD!

Kay - it is just a number. Remind us when it gets closer And happy early birthday!
denice - I think it's a similar idea but it doesn't say you have to eat x amount of the superfoods (though it does tell you certain foods that are great for you).

I don't want to be tired anymore. And I know a lot of it is what I put into my body. My name is Ashley, and I am addicted to food.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #7  

Zan- you know, I actually had to figure out for sure how old I was. I mean I was pretty sure it was going to be my 29th bday but that just didn't sound right! So I had to double check. lol I don't think I am really feeling down about it or anything. I had a friend freak out on her 20th Birthday like someone would on their 30th birthday... yeah I thought she was crazy. lol Although my gray hairs are just out of control this year. I have a huge wave of new gray growth coming in right now. I have been afraid to try the dye in a box. I might have to give in to regular salon trips before too long! So far that is the only thing that reminds me I am getting older. lol

Also, I wanted to share a yummy new recipe I tried... the one I got so mad at my husband for finishing off! lol

Chayote and Sausage Stew
Serves 8 and 139 calories per serving.

Ingredients

* 2 Italian sausage links
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 3 chayote squashes, seeded and chopped
* 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
* 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 cup frozen corn
* 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook the sausage in the skillet until browned; remove the sausage to a plate lined with paper towels. Add the olive oil. onion, and garlic to the skillet; cook and stir until the onions are translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Return the sausage to the pan along with the chayote squash and jalapeno peppers; cook and stir until the squash begins to soften, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, black beans, corn, thyme, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper. Cook until completely heated through, about 10 minutes more.

I made this with turkey sausage and replaced the chayote with zucchini and yellow squash (it was what I had on hand) and it came out SOOOO good.

Last edited by KayNicole; 08-02-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #8  

You've never done dye in a box before? I love it! It's so easy. BUT I'm very easy going with my hair. And I've never been to a salon for hair dye. You should try it, and if you don't like it, then go get it fixed at a salon.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #9  

Ade- that is exactly what I was thinking I would do. I thought I would try to find one that wouldn't be so one dimensional and if it sucks then off to the salon I go. I have only done highlights or lowlights from a box, never my entire head. My hair is kind of my best feature so changes always make me nervous!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #10  

Oh it is beautiful hair! Mine is short and very easy to deal with, and not my best feature, so I'm all for trying new things. But I think you should try it...I mean, worse thing is you have to go to the salon anyways!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #11  

Thanks, Ade.

So I had a bad lunch today... I took the wrong thing out of the freezer this morning so when I got home for lunch I discovered my actual lunch was still frozen (and I don't have a microwave). I know I will be having subway for dinner today so I didn't know what else to get in a hurry! I ended up going to Wendy's and getting a chicken sandwich... it tasted SO yucky. I haven't had fast food, other than subway, in months. I really wish I had just gone to the grocery store and picked up something from the deli... why couldn't I have thought of that earlier! But I am kind of glad that now I know I really do hate fast food.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #12  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

KayNicole~ It can be really hard to grab something last minute, so I would say you did pretty decent, plus you learned something really good for your weight loss! Great job sticking with chicken and avoiding the burgers. The stew looks amazing!!! Happy Birthday!

denice81~ WELCOME!

ade903
~ My mom has tried the diet before and really liked it, but she was unable to give up some of her bad foods, so she ended up quitting. I eat an insane amount of fruit and veggies, and make the majority of all my meals from scratch, so I'm not overly concerned, but interested in what you think of it.

zanheltangia
~

So I was supposed to be fostering a lil 7 month old pure bred miniature poodle this weekend, but... I'm keeping him. I make his third home, and he has been kept outside with both of the other homes. His hair was super long and FULL of burdocks, so I took him to be groomed today and he looks AMAZING now! All of my time has basically been devoted to pampering him and getting him used to our other pets. I just watched him clean a plate off at the same time as our husky, really cute!
Weight wise I've seen 250s for the last couple days and am really happy!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #13  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

I have weigh in today and I'm scared
I've mostly had a good week. Worked out 4 times. Stuck to my points every day except one where I only went over a couple but I'm still scared. I'm always scared.

I have pretty bad depression and I have been really upset lately, got a lot of uni stuff and personal stuff going on and everything is making me cry So I dunno what I'll do if I don't have a good loss. And its a yucky day today which is not helping.

Anyways rant over. Hope you all are great
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

bex~ I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling down lately. Let us know how your weigh in goes and just know that no matter what, as long as you stick with it, you will see some good stuff happening!

So I really want to save up and get a Wii Fit Plus. I know I want to get the Biggest Loser discs for it, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other good workout discs for it? I heard that there is something where you can watch TV and it will track how many steps you take on it while you're doing it, anyone know what does that?
If the weather's nice tomorrow I'm aiming for at least a 3-4 mile walk!
Have a good night!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:50 AM   #15  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Well I had the biggest loss I have had since my first week today... 1,5kg (3.3lbs). I am STOKED! I worked so hard this week so it was nice to finally see some results.

Thanks so much Kim. I just have periods when I get really down. But weigh in definitely has cheered me up!!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote