Old 08-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #1  
*Brooke*

S/C/G: 205/205/125

Height: 5'3

Default So, I'm still kinda new but...

I'm still pretty new to this site. I started posting here about 3 weeks ago then went on vacation a week later. When we got home from vacation our Air Conditioning was out so we had to stay with my mom for a week and we just got back home and all settled in this weekend! Needless to say I got a bit off track and haven't been eating right or exercising for the last week. So, I'm starting full force tomorrow morning and can not wait!!! I love the way I feel after a work out and can't wait to feel it tomorrow!!

Anyway, I was wondering who everyone is and how you are all doing?! How long have you been posting on 3FC and how long have you been trying to get healthy? Where are all the Mommy's? I would really like to make some great friends here. (((HUGS)))

Last edited by mommybelle; 08-01-2010 at 11:39 PM.
mommybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back!

I'm Stephanie, nice to meet you!

I was on 3FC about 5 years ago actively for a long while then went away, pretty much when I started gaining all the 50 lbs I lost back. Then I had a baby, my 1st, who is going to be 15 months old in a week (Emma), and 5 weeks ago I decided I needed to get a hold of myself and change my ways. I had lost quite a bit of my pregnancy weight the first month after I had her without doing anything at all, which was great, but I was already in the obese range when I got pregnant so that first 30 lbs didn't really make a dent. Anyway, when I started back to things about 5 weeks ago I was 200 lbs, and I came back to 3FC about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It's just as great as I remember.

I love this site!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #3  
*Brooke*

I love it here too Stephanie!!!! I have 2 kids. A 4 year old daughter (Meredith) and a 3 year old son (Lucas)!! I actually did lose all my baby weight, I just gained an extra 40 pounds!! lol! I'm ready to kick all of it though! I'm ready to be healthy and HOT!! I'm 27, how old are you?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'6

Hi there. I have 2 kids, ages 8 and 5. I am, unfortunately, still trying to lose the baby weight. I gained a few pounds on top of it too. I had lost most of the weight from my first pregnancy when I found out that I was pregnant again. I gained this weight in a 9 month period, and 5 years later I am still the same size. At least I got two wonderful kids out of it!! I just turned 28. Im from Ohio and Im a stay at home mom (does not help with being over weight). I am hopefully getting a job soon though. Nice to meet you and good luck with your journey!!
butterflydreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #5  
*Brooke*

Butterflydreamz~I am a SAHM too and you are soooo right that does NOT help with the weight! Ugg! It's soo difficult isn't it?! I was going to school part time last year but I feel like I'm wasting money because I don't know what I want to do so I am taking this semester off and I'm hoping to find a job. We struggle a lot financially and I'm tired of that.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Hey!
My name is Sierra. My family is from Sicily, Italy.
I'm doing great, thanks! And yourself?
I'm 15 years old and for the first
time since I've been a teenager
(and even a pre-teen) I'm loving
myself and the young lady I'm becoming.

Oh, and I'm happily maintaining my
weight right now because I feel like
it's the right weight that I should be
at right now. I've come to realize that
I don't have to be at my goal weight
to be happy with my body image.

Last edited by Ciao; 08-02-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'6

You can call me Jennifer, I forgot to put that in my post. You would think that I would be more in shape with chasing after the kids, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, mopping, etc. etc. But for me, that is not the case!

I was also doing school part time at one point, and it did become too much. It seems like there are not enough hours in the day.

Im an insomniac, so my energy level on most days is very low. I am hoping to meet new people too, maybe help ease some of my stress and hoping that typing it out (LOL) will make it a little better.
butterflydreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #8  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Hi there! I'm a SAHM as well, I have two little girls, 2.5 years and 8 months old. I also have been slacking, although I've been slacking for a few months now. But I'm not giving up! I've been posting here at 3FC since last December, a month after I had my second baby. I never actually gained any weight while I was pregnant either time, so thankfully I'm not combating baby weight gain as well as my previous weight gain (which I gained mostly after high school and after I got married). I actually started losing weight a month before I got pg with my second, I lost 20lbs, then got pg and held steady at 250 for the whole pregnancy. Now I'm down in the 2-teens.

I agree that staying at home does not help at all with being able to lose weight. You would think it would with all the work I do on a daily basis (like Jennifer said, cooking, cleaning, etc.) but it's just not so. I think because I'm the last one I think about taking care of, the kids, husband, house, animals, etc. come first. And when I get a moment to myself (very rare!) it's so easy to mindlessly grab a piece of chocolate or a cheeseburger or something to give me that quick fix momentary high I crave all day. And it's super fast so that I can get right back into mommy (or wifey) mode after eating it!
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #9  
Stephanie

Brooke - I am also 27, well for another 27 days anyway.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi!

I'm Tiffany. I'm also a stay-at-home mommy. I have one little girl, Mackenzie who will be 3 on the 22nd. So far, I'm finding that it's easier for me to lose weight at home than while working. I have more time for the gym this way.

I'm in LOVE with Zumba. I take at least one class 5 days/week. Of course, this is only the 3rd week of that, so we'll see when I collapse...lol.
Hickory0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #11  
*Brooke*

Zumba!! I want to try that! I'm so shy though and would never go without someone with me! lol!

Stephanie~Have you ever ran a 5k before? I am starting C25k this week and want to run a 5k in November/December but I'm scared I won't be ready.

Jennifer~I am up a lot at night too. I am just not a morning person. I can get so much more accomplished at night.

Latchkey Princess~I totally understand the eating whatever. It is so hard to kick those habits too. I've been trying to keep myself busy but it is sooo hard not to just grab something and eat it.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #12  
Stephanie

Brooke - I am doing a 5k September 25th, and just in the past week or so have accomplished running the 3.1 miles outside, no stopping. I know you will make it, 5 weeks ago I could barely run 1 minute straight and now have no problem with 40 minutes straight! You have more than enough time!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Hi, I'm Vanessa-and I just joined this website and posting last week. I have a daughter Makenzie, 3 and a son Brandon Jr., 1. They are my world!!! I only gained 15 lbs with my daughter when I was pregnant and it came right off. With my son, I gained 48 lbs and am still struggling to get the weight off and it's 16 months later!! I love going to the gym too, I feel so awesome after working out and it gives me so much energy.
With two kids I've had trouble with them coming down sick a lot (they both have asthma so that doesn't help matters!) so it's hard to stay motivated and to keep working out when I can't get to the gym for weeks at a time.
But, I'm here and I'm starting to kick up the workouts and healthy eating habbits and I'm hoping this website will keep me motivated!
I think it's great to meet other moms on here and to see how everyone else is managing to lose the weight with kids.

Last edited by Nessa411; 08-02-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Nessa411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

I love doing the zumba class at my gym I actually do it twice a week, it's a great workout!! And..I have to do it alone. My best friend moved out of the state so I lost my workout buddy. And I am really shy too!! But it really isn't that bad, no one else knows what they are doing anyway so we all look silly together!
Nessa411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 AM   #15  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

Hi! I'm Liz. Not a mom or anything but love meeting new people. Hopefully we'll get to know each other better real soon!

Haven't been here that long, but have been trying to get healthy since early June. Well, since high school - but I'm a yo yo, and this is my latest attempt. I'm determined to make this one a permanent change, though.

You'll find that I'm pretty obsessed with anything Jillian Michaels does and says. She's my inspiration... I can safely say that her 30 Day Shred program may just be changing my life.

Not much else to say...hopefully we'll get to chat some more!
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote