Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #1  
Muffintop to Pin-up

S/C/G: 380/369/215

Height: 5'9

Smile Starting as of today.. Im looking to hit my first of 3 Mini-Goals

Im actually looking forward to my lifestyle change tomarrow.

1) Actually getting up @ 7am and hitting the gym before work instead of hitting snooze to curl up for another hr of sleep.

2) I would like to kick my fast food/soda habit. It seems thats all the house hold eats/drinks anymore. I guess I need to pack the fridge with the $4 salads to subsitute for when the boys bring home McD's or Pizza.

3)I would like to drop atleast 20lbs by Aug. 31.

Here goes nothin!
Valoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good luck w/ your goals. 20 pounds in 1 month sounds a little high, though...so don't feel bad if you don't reach that goal.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #3  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

Good luck with your goals! It's a great way to try to move things forward!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i'm not going to say goodluck. I don't think it has anything to do with it. I want to give a word of caution here. 20 lbs in a month is HIGH and might be unrealistic. You can hit the gym and really watch the diet and do this "biggest loser" style. But that approach doesn't work for everyone. i am not saying you can't do it, because at your height and weight it is easier to lose unless there is another issue.

Getting up at 7 am and going to the gym might actually NOT be the best thing to do, because if you are tired, your body will let you know by increasing your hunger. No matter how much you hit the gym, if you are still overeating--it will not help.

remember your plan has to be sustainable in order for it to work. You have the right idea about cutting out sodas--and watching out for fattening foods by substituting healthy ones.

I just don't want you to go at it hard---i can already tell you have a busy family life--and then get burnt out fast.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #5  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I have committed to doing morning exercise as well. For me, doing exercise in the morning helps me make better eating choices. I ran 3 miles at 7 am this morning and I feel really great at work.

I have also vowed to go to bed a 9 pm this week. It will put a crimp into my social life, but I want to make exercise a priority.

But my life is definitely easier than yours. I am single and have no children.

Good luck with your promise to yourself. Keep posting.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

20 in a month is high, but anything is possible! good for you wanting to go to the gym! woo hoo!!!

Definitely cut out the sodas and fast food! it will be a life saver! Have you thought of picking up just a good cook book? Do you calorie count or anything? There's "company's coming" cook books that actually show you the calorie size/per portion and alot of the recipes are really good! by the sounds of it, it might benefit your whole family That and when you cook your own stuff you can definitely alter it and make it more healthy

Good luck! we are cheering for you!!!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 320+/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Valoki-
Your mini-goals 1 & 2 sound great!! Those are 2 big habits that you have to break in order to be healthy! Good for you!

As for your 20 lb. goal, it's great to have high expectations as long as you don't get discouraged if you don't make it. I definitely think it's possible in the first month, but I'm not sure I'd set those standards for future months. Your body will adjust to the changes you're making. Good luck! I'm rooting for your 20 lb. loss this month!! =)
lylmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181.9/174.5/150

Height: 5 7"

Your first two goals sound great. Especially the soda habit and fast food habit. However, the 20lb weight loss goal by the end of this month may be a bit extreme. Even if you only lose 10lbs this month it would be great! I'm not saying that you shouldn't try for you goal, but please don't be discouraged if you don't reach it. Good luck.
Mandaloef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I work out at 5:30 AM and wouldn't change it for the world! It starts my day out with more energy than a cup of coffee! And it keeps me going! In fact, I just told my husband I really need to do a little something on my one day of rest per week because that day is just sluggish. I think working out first thing in the morning sets you up for a day of healthy eating.

The other benefit to morning workouts is that it's that no-excuses time of day. There are no meetings at 7:00 AM! No P/T conferences, no football games, no impromptu meals with a friend. It's just your time to focus on you each and every day.

I think 20 pounds in a month is a good goal as long as you won't be disappointed if you don't quite reach it. I prefer to focus on fitness goals which are always within my control rather than poundage goals. For instance, I've been stuck at the same weight for three weeks now. Stalls happen!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote