Old 07-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #1  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Default Overwhelmed but don't want to fall off...

Hi All,

Not sure where to post this, but I need some help and ideas! In the past week, DH and I have decided to move out of state, change jobs, sell our current home, purchased a new home in our new city, pack and move, and just the daily stuff! Oh, and we want it all done by mid-August!!!

Needless to say, I am completely overwhelmed

I have had really good success following Points, and actually really enjoy it! Unfortunately (or fortunately), I do my best when I have time to plan. I have been so busy the last week I haven't tracked anything! I don't want to fall off the wagon and gain weight back. My reality is that I also cannot contribute as much time to this right now.

So, my question is how do you guys deal with being overwhelmed and following WW? Would switching to Simply Filling for a while be a good idea? Instead of tracking of Points and portions focus on the Filling Foods and GHGs? Do you stop tracking and follow the "rules" or is it to easy to give in and have whatever you want?! Sorry, I just need some guidance and advice on what others have done that worked! I would love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks in advance,
LosinItInCO (soon AZ)
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #2  
weight watching

I can really sympathize. I think being overwhlemed or stressed is one of the most difficult things to combat when on a weight loss plan. I've faced it several times and never solved it, unfortunately. I think I know what I SHOULD do, but I've never managed to do it.

I've never tried simply filling, so maybe someone who knows that version of WW can help, but I think the best one can do in your situation is....do the best you can. Moving is horribly stressful, changing jobs is horribly stressful, and you're doing both at once. There's going to be a pizza in there somewhere, even if it's only because you've just moved in and there's nothing edible in the house. I think all you can do is do the best you can, be conscious of what you eat, count points in your head if you can, or at least be aware of what you're eating, and refresh when you're settled.

I don't know if this will make sense, but what I've found this past year, where I've at least held steady and not regained anything, is that if I think of myself as on plan and trying, if not always succeeding (even if I don't track) I do much better than if I go into a "I'll worry about this when school's out" mindset.

I'm sure there are others here who have faced the same problem and I hope they'll chime in.
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #3  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

I feel you on the being overwhelmed. I'm in a pretty rigorous professional program, which means that I don't have a lot of time for meal prep/ planning under the best circumstances, and then the world tries to implode every couple of weeks (exams...).

So I don't plan. I generally have a game plan for how I want to divide my points up over the course of the day, and keep a lot of easy to prepare foods around. The Dining out Guide lives in my car and I have the best options at the nearby fast food restaurants highlighted for when I need takeout. I buy the prewashed bags of vegetables and keep them around for snacks and have a few go-to recipes for when I have a bit more time. When I don't have time I try not to feel guilty about eating a lot of canned soup and Lean Cuisine.

I also have a 3 month tracker that I carry around in my purse along with my datebook and my pocket guide, and as soon as I eat something I track it.

I always try to remember that I'm going to have to eat no matter what, and it can be just as easy to make good choices as bad ones.

Best wishes for your move!
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote