Old 07-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

Default What Inspires you??

Hey Ladies!
SO I have been MIA from the forums for about 3 months. My life has been in upheaval, in a good way and I have not had the time to carve out time to concentrate on myself and my weightloss journey.
So now that things are beginning to simmer back down I am trying to figure things out again and I need a push. I need the find my thin-spiration again.
So what inspires you all?
IrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

I have a couple of different things...

The biggest of all is that I just want to feel confident about my body. I want to feel good and be healthy. I just exercised the other night and the level of my out of shapeness (is that a word? haha) was motivating. I've mostly been dieting to lose the weight and I need to add in the exercise component.

Another inspiration for me is to get back into my older clothes. I have clothes from when I weighed in the 150's that I can't wait to get back into. I also fully intend to be wearing a bikini next summer!

The last two are these...I've been dating my boyfriend for 5 years now and I'm hoping that soon we'll be getting engaged/married. I want to look/feel gorgeous and sexy in my wedding dress and not be concerned how my arms look or my belly or whatever. I also want to be at a healthy weight so that if/when the time for kids comes I am in a good place (health-wise) to have them.

Sometimes I get discouraged, but going back over these reasons really helps me get back on track and stay focused!!
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

The only thing that keeps me going is that I want to walk past any mirror and not want to cry. I want to look at myself and love me inside and out.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #4  

My main inspiration is that I want to be completely healthy, in mind/body. I no longer want to be ashamed of my appearance. It's not totally out of vanity, but I'm just tired of being embarrassed. I dread shopping for clothes.

Also, I am soon to be entering my first semester of the Nursing program I was accepted into (FINALLY), and as I'm aiming to one day work in the world of health care, I feel that I SHOULD be healthy, able-bodied, and disciplined enough to help other people.
Foxlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlette View Post
My main inspiration is that I want to be completely healthy, in mind/body. I no longer want to be ashamed of my appearance. It's not totally out of vanity, but I'm just tired of being embarrassed. I dread shopping for clothes.

Also, I am soon to be entering my first semester of the Nursing program I was accepted into (FINALLY), and as I'm aiming to one day work in the world of health care, I feel that I SHOULD be healthy, able-bodied, and disciplined enough to help other people.
Congratulations on being accepted into the nursing program!! It's tough to get into, and it's tough work, but it's SO worth it!!
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia87 View Post
Congratulations on being accepted into the nursing program!! It's tough to get into, and it's tough work, but it's SO worth it!!
Thank you SO much! I've struggled for the past four years to come up with the answer to the age-old "What do you want to be when you grow up?" question. I finally decided that Nursing is what I want to do.

I'm already eyeballing my mountain of textbooks, wondering what I've gotten myself into!
Foxlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Ok this might sound a bit weird but the main reason I want to lose weight is to increase the chances of having a baby one day. I have PCOS and my gyno told me that losing weight will help me a lot with it and my chances to have babies in the future, which it is truth as my last blood tests show. I may not have babies for 3 or 4 years now but holding many of them in my dream.

Then it is the usual motivation being healthy in the long-run and wearing cute dresses. I started wearing dresses and skirts recently which I haven't ever since junior school.

My greatest inspration, finally, is a personal friend who used to be in the guiness world of record a few years ago a world's fattest mum (I think she was the one before donna simpson). Anyways she has lost a lot of weight and every time I see her I think wow I want to be just like her.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #8  
Metamorphōsis

S/C/G: 220/ticker/117

Height: 5'4"

Short term: I have a reunion this end of the year!

Long term: I want to be confident about how I look and how I move. I want to be able to say that I'm doing all I can to be healthy and live a long, fruitful life. But what inspires me most is the belief/ confidence that I can do this, and I'm more than deserve the effort to get there.
Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Like a lot of the other ladies have said: I want to feel good about the way I look. I want to be able to look at pictures of myself and not focus on how fat I look. I'm tired of being the biggest cousin.

I want to go out to a bar and feel confident in how I look. I want to be hit on by guys I find attractive.

A friend of mine recently told me one of his guy friends asked if I was single because he liked my hips. I don't want to attract guys who like big butts and hips anymore . I don't find it flattering to be told I have a larger than average body part unless it's my boobs (sadly they're not larger than average...lol).

It's all vanity reasons but I'm just being honest .
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 174.5/163.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Short Term: I found the dress that I'm going to marry him in, and I want to be in a size 8 not a 16.

Long Term: I want to be healthy for my own life and future family. I don't want to be miserable because of my weight for some of the best parts of my life.

And shamefully I strut up and down the beach in bikini and feel good about it.
Chubzo is offline   Reply With Quote