Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 02:28 AM   #1  

Question Looking for advice

Hi I'm new and looking for some support and advice. I've got about 100 + pounds to lose and I'm anxious to get started on a healthy lifestyle. For those who are already on their way I'm wondering how you got started on that first day? The first step always seems to be the hardest and I always overwhelm myself. Any tips? Exercises, food advice any suggestions are welcome. You can also email me at [email protected] if you would like. Much appreciated
Old 10-08-2002, 10:00 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi Spring,

I haven't been back at it for very long myself, but for me it was a combination of things, but 2 main things that made me take the first step. They were:

1. I am sick and tired of lugging all this weight around.
2. I found a program that is do-able - Weight Watchers.

I could go on and on, but I guess what I'm saying is that there has to be a breaking point, where you tell yourself, okay, this is enough ! According to Dr. Phil, it's when you stop getting enough "payoff" to make staying fat worthwhile... something to think about... Good luck to you!
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 10-08-2002 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:01 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Spring! Welcome to the boards.

Jana put it very well. It's when you say enough is enough! I'm just back to 'doing it' myself after a long hiatus in maintaining 40 pounds gone. I have a whole lot more to go and am tired of just 'maintaining'.

If you're looking for some fun, motivation and great people, come on over and check out the '300+ and ready to try again thread'. We're an eclectic group of women of different sizes, trying different plans and we love to have 'newbies' join us.
Closed Thread