Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #1  
bridesmaid on the right

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default Back after a nearly two month break :-(

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm back here at 3FC after a nearly two month break that got greatly extended by my own laziness. I knew during the moving, changing cities and jobs phase things might get crazy. This can be a busy time for anyone, but it was really the perfect storm for someone who did not yet have a firmly entrenched food or exercise routine. So here I am, having gained back all the weight I had lost plus three pounds - ugh!!!
Anyone out there have any advice for getting back in a routine or maybe just scrapping it and starting over again - a new start so to speak? Any advice welcome and thanks
seafoamgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Sounds simple but…just DO it! Don’t dwell on the past or get too caught up in where you were and where you are now. I heard a little phrase that helps me sometimes when I get off track or slip up: you can only start from where you are. And forgiving yourself is a big part of getting back on track and feeling refreshed and motivated to begin again.

Good luck, I know you can do it!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm in the same place as you with being gone for a couple of months. My eating wasn't that great, but I continued to weigh-in. Luckily I gained only about 10-15 lbs since I left, but that's still weight I've already lost. But, that's good news! We already lost it once, which means we can do it again. I just started all over again. As if this is a second beginning for me. I wish you the best of luck and congrats on the successful move and such!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #4  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Girl! I know how you feel.

Family issues and the stress of moving as well took me off plan for a little over 2 months. I'm going to be moving back to Pennsylvania (where both me and my husband are from) while he deploys to Iraq for 6 months. I haven't been back home in over 2 years and it's stressing me out! That and the fact I'll be gone from my dh for half a year! So I can totally relate to letting LIFE get in the way and spiraling downhill so far that it's hard to even know how to begin again.

I've only been back on plan for 5 days now but I'm telling you I already feel great. I feel in control again and that is always a great place to be. I just had to decide to make ME and my health the number one priority in my life right now. Because I knew that eating right and exercising would make the stresses of this move and life in general so much more bearable. It's true, you do have to 'just do it' and jump in again. Whatever it takes just get started and you will not regret it! You can do this!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hun, i took a 307 day break. I gained back 10 lbs. I can tell you SCRAP the old and focus on the HERE AND NOW. Just get back in it, realize what didn't work last time and that this is a JOURNEY. it is not a race, it is not a marathon, but a JOURNEY. Make a plan, and most of all REMEMBER the thoughts and attitudes that caused you to STOP being on plan.

i had to tweak a lot of things. For me it is Nursing School. Every break I do better, every time I go back, i get derailed. Having strict schedules DID NOT work for me. Counting calories made me too nuts about it. So I switched to the exchange system. And now do alternating routines, without a set schedule. when one thing is sore, i work the other. I committed to the fact that the exercise wasn't EVERYTHING the food plan is the most important detail. If i feel burned out or Overwhelmed on the exercise, stick with the food plan, and I will get back to the exercise when i am ready, most of all don't just stop!

so far so good. We had a break, and I got back into it heavily. I find myself slacking on the exercise, especially now that TOM and last exams and ESPECIALLY finals week is coming up...but i stick TO THE FOODPLAN. I am still going. I plan on getting through the next two weeks on plan with exercise as I see fit.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:57 PM   #6  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

i can totally relate. it sounds like you have had a lot going on. the good news is that you didn't gain a lot more than when you started. i've had times in the past when that happened to me. now that you are settled and getting into a routine it sounds like you are ready to get going again. welcome back and good luck, i'm sure you'll do great!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #7  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

So you did the best you could at the time and now you can improve on your plan of attack! Good that you came back!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I agree, you just gotta jump back in and get back on track. You can do it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #9  
bridesmaid on the right

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Default Thanks everyone!!

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. I teared up at all the support

I'm really starting tomorrow - I've got all my food bought and planned out - I'm so glad I'm on this website - the people here are so wonderful!

Good luck to everyone
seafoamgreen is offline   Reply With Quote