Old 07-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/241/140

Height: 5'3

Default Really frustrated!!

So i am a daily weigher and I know lots of people think thats a bad idea but it keeps me motivated. So today I realized that I have been gaining and losing the same pound for the past 11 days!!! i am so frustrated!!! I have upped my excersise in the last couple of weeks....burning about 700-800 calories with cardio and weights. Yet I can't seem to lose! Seems like I was losing more when I was working out less but eating the same way! I guess this is just a pointless rant! Thanks for listening!
bright83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #2  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I also weigh daily and the same thing has happened to me in the past. I've noticed that since I started my new job (which is lots of physical activity), it's actually harder for me to lose weight.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/135

Height: 5'1"

Yea I understand the rant I hate when I gain and lose the same pound. This happens to a bunch of people
SheGos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

During my weight loss journey, I weighed daily and had the same issue. So I purposely put my scale up for two weeks and continued on plan. When I came back to the scale, I had lost like 5 lbs! I see as watching water boil. The more you stare at the, the slower it takes.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #5  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Wow, I thought you said 11 weeks, not 11 days! Lol!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Usually an off-plan cheat meal helps me to drop a couple pounds when I've been platueing, so if you're really anxious, you could give that a shot. Otherwise, wait it out. I'm 100% positive you're losing fat and the scale WILL show it if you keep giving it time.

I want to share these two articles that kept me going when I'm in similar stalls:
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...d-i-do-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 18/16/12 (AU dress sizes)

Height: 165cm (5'5")

What's that saying about how a watched pot never boils? It can kind of be a bit like that. But I also agree with Wild Vulpix. I've successfully broken a couple of plateau's by eating off-plan for a couple of days. If you're going to do that you just need to be confident you can pick back up again. For me I go offplan for a short time but already have my onplan food reading and waiting to go when I've broken through.
GoldenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5'8

I feel your pain, the last couple of days i was the same weight (w/in .2 lbs) until today when i actually gained. (i made a thread about it in weight loss support actually!)
I'm going to do my best to stay off for a few days. All you can do is try to mix it up calorie wise, as you're obviously working out hard (and i've read about people taking consecutive rest days and then bam dropping a bit, the body is a strange thing). It's maddening! Others have wise words, so i'll just agree with that. Hang in there!
cataclysmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/241/140

Height: 5'3

Well I didn't work out yesterday which was the first day with no excersise in probably about two weeks. I guess we will see if that effects me at all.
bright83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #9  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

i weigh myself throughout the day, but I know the only time it truly matters is when i first wake up and after i use the restroom. I weigh myself the same time every day to know how accurate my weigh loss is being.

if i weigh myself throughout the day i know other factors are involved like the jeans or things i am wearing or what i have eaten or drank so far.

but in your case i would take guamvixen advice and hide your scale for a day or so, or however many days you think you can go without weighing yourself and then stay on plan. Once you weigh yourself again, you'll be surprised by how much you've lost!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote