Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 08:56 PM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia #74

Just giving you all a fresh start
Old 10-08-2002, 12:38 AM   #2  

Anne...actually, I already knew all the facts about Atkins. My son has been doing it for a couple of months. He has lost down to his college weight...a loss of about 30 pounds, and hasn't been hungry at all. I have also done Atkins before and I know it works. I tried to tell you that about a month or so ago and you (or someone) said it caused kidney disease...so I just hushed. I'm going to do it again as soon as I get home. I know if I eat more protein and less carbs I just feel better and have a lot more energy and I don't have to count points or calories.

We went for our dolphin cruise...it rained on us. But we saw several dolphins before it started to rain. A couple of them actually raced the boat we were on.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:52 AM   #3  

Default Hi

Glad you enjoyed the cruise.

It wasn't me that said it caused kidney disease - I have been on it before, but I think I cheated in the Induction and you just can't do that. This time, I am being good!

I guess this means that you didn't get sick, so you are off on the other two cruises?
Old 10-08-2002, 11:14 AM   #4  

No...hubby is going on the fishing cruise tomorrow...6 hrs. I'm going through a really bad 'pain' spell right now so I'm going to stay here and sit out on the beach or by the pool and read. Just so much 'fun' I can stand! I don't think we are going to do the dinner cruise, either. It is on the same boat we went out on yesterday and, in the words of Shania Twain, it didn't 'impressa me much'! We decided to go to this really nice restaurent that is right on the ocean...glass walls...instead.

Well...I'm headed for the beach, a lounge chair, umbrella and my book. LATER!
Old 10-08-2002, 11:40 PM   #5  

Today was the best day we've had. We didn't DO anything! Just stayed around here and soaked up some sun and stuff. We went out on the beach for awhile...late morning. Then to the pool...early afternoon. Then came in and 'rested' and grilled steaks. Had an early dinner and then back out to the beach. Hubby fished off the beach for awhile before dark. Caught a sting ray. That was fun...getting that thing off his hook! HA He caught one pretty big fish...I don't know what it was but the other men that were fishing said it wasn't good to eat. He caught several other fish that he gave away. He is going out on a 6 hr. deep sea fishing charter tomorrow. Guess I'll just lay around on the beach and by the pool again. Poor me!
Old 10-09-2002, 04:12 AM   #6  

Don't get too much sun Meme or have too much fun What a life!

Yappy Happy.. Congrats on the 6 pound loss!!!!!!!!!!I tried Atkins too and I get weak and shakey from no carbs and just about passed out. I know it works but can you stay on it for life..they say that is the trick to any eating program. Sounds like this is working for you if you are feeling better... I do not think I could do that but with WW I can eat anything! (and we all know I do! ) I had heard too it causes kidney problems..was it me that posted that? No memory of things ya know! I have to watch my fat intake due to my liver so I have eaten pretty much a low fat diet since 1990. Now if I could just stay away from the sweets!!!!!!!!!!!! They do me in..I do not think I could ever give them up......can you have any sweets? Are you still eating your choc?

I weighed today and I am the same......must be my extra walking! Still maintaing after a year!

Last edited by Candicej; 10-09-2002 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:14 AM   #7  

Worked on cleaning the house form 8am to 7 pm Monday and I am bushed! We had to empty a large closet in my sons old room to get to a cubby hole to get to a window to change the shade that was falling apart that my MIL thought looked very tacky from the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it looked bad but have not been able to get to the window......now it is done and no one will even notice but I know is is done............so much to be done and my body will just not cooperate...am better after I rest but we can't rest all the time now can we!

My flowers in July before the big storm!

http://photomail.photoworks.com/shar...Q8saRRFDxOWRGL

watched the cat play with a mouse today and the dog caught it!

Ally..I'm with you on the 9.99 shoes! What we won't pay for a little comfort!

Freddie..Wow.........with all the secrets you know you could be a spy!

Last edited by Candicej; 10-10-2002 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:24 AM   #8  

Default Hi

Took the train to Boston yesterday with my favorite sister-in-law. We haven't had much time together so it was great and we shopped til we dropped. Got fancy shoes for 7.50 fancy tops for 10-nice pants-cute denim outfit worth over a 100 for 34. Fun fun fun but really tired today. Oh Meme, enjoy every minute!!!!!You deserve it!Very cool today-Brad is fixing thermostat so it desn't stay on nonstop, then we have to sign some papers and he is putting up a fence for the dog.I am wicked tired today. Did I tell you I was crying uncontrollably the other night. Must be the hormones . I feel normal again. Hi to everyone and bye for now. Mima
Old 10-09-2002, 10:22 AM   #9  

I need a fresh start. Always have trouble getting back here. Takes a lot of minutes of waiting for nothing - even this morning. I did not bother to read anything except the first post because I could crash any second.

Will go back after I post this and try to read other posts. Is my E-mail address in my profile? I do better with E-mail then getting on forums. Chats are completely out of my category.

Freddie<[email protected]>. Please don't send me spam.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:29 AM   #10  

Yappy.............http://www.3fatchicks.com/lowcarb/

If it works for you do it!

What hapend to your 40-30-30 or whatever it was..I thought that worked for you?

Mima.....I bet it is your hormones...My doc after my hysterectomy told me my crying and mood swings were not from my harmones and sent me to a shrink......I have a new gyno and fine now! Doctors do not know everthing even though they think they do!

Hey Freddie........I love spam..the kind you eat that is!!!!!! My puter has been giving me all kinds of trouble..I go for days not being able to acces my email
Old 10-10-2002, 07:45 AM   #11  

Hi-I have been feeling fine lately.Hope it stays. We put up a fence for the dog yesterday-I held the poles-but I got under the deck and cleaned out a bunch of stuff. Going for a walk with Auntie today.Chinese for lunch-but i can eat low-fat.Hope everyone is good. Mima
Old 10-10-2002, 02:45 PM   #12  

Candice...for getting your email...once a week you can use mailstart for free. Any more than once a week you have to pay for. All you need is your email address and your password. Go to http://www.mailstart.com and type in your email and password...make sure you get both right because you only get one chance...if you type it in wrong you lose you free pass for that week. It will pull your mail up from your server and you can read, forward, delete...whatever. That's how I keep my charter account cleaned out when I'm on vacation. It works good when your mail server is down, too.

It rained here big time last night and this morning. The ocean waves came all the way to the steps of the deck going off the condo. Didn't like much getting the condo!!! The ocean is rough today and the waves are huge...but really pretty. I'm going to try to get some of them on film.

Hubby made a picture of me out on the beach...it's kind of dark and he had his finger over the lense on the left side...had to cut it off (he always does that!)...but here it is, anyway. I'm going to make a picture page to send to the kids later today. I'll post the URL in here so you all can see, too...if you're interested!
Old 10-10-2002, 04:13 PM   #13  

Angry Oh Boy

Meme, aren't you looking comfortable. Me, I am basking in snow today

Candice - I wanted to try Atkins, because it doesn't have many carbs - only 2 cups of salad a day and 1 cup of veggies - to see if I can get this yeast business cleared up. Yeast live on sugar, and even one piece of bread breaks down into sugar! I do not crave sugar at all. I am very satisfied eating and then not having to think about it again. I often miss lunch because I just have forgotten the time and by stomach isn't yelling at me to go eat. I will eventually, over time, go back to the 40-30-30 diet because it is very easy to be on. Actually, either of these diets can be a lifestyle(many have done that). Also, I have noticed from not eating sugar or junk food, my energy levels are really, really good. Haven't had fatigue since I started on this. My pain levels from FM are also down, so this is my motivation, other than losing weight. If I can NOT have the fatigue then I won't eat sugar etc.

As far as kidney problems go, he addresses this in his book. Unless you have kidney problems, this diet won't promote one.

Hi Mima - glad you are back at it. Hope you have nice weather and are able to enjoy your walk.

Hi Freddie - Hope your computer didn't crash on you. Why are you having so much trouble getting to this site? It works ok for me.

Anagram - Hope you had a nice little jaunt, and are feeling ok.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:23 PM   #14  

Thanks, Happy. But our jaunt turned out fairly disastrously. I'll skip the smaller things. We enjoyed wedding. Grooms grandfather died early morning after wedding so we figured we'd extend stay until after his funeral Wednesday. DH started having some knee discomfort Sat at wedding. By Monday, he could hardly walk. By Tuesday we left racetrack area and headed home. We did stop at afternoon viewing to pay respects but then headed home, missing funeral.

To make a long and difficult story short, the last three days have been filled with doctors, tests, etc. Just a few hours ago, we saw an orthopedic surgeon who aspirated the knee and decided the problem was that he had bleeding into the knee due to the blood thinner he takes because of his artificial aortic valve. I of course thought it was arthritis, as did he based on my experiences. There was a concern about it being an infection because of the danger to the valve. A concern about it being gout, etc., etc. I was concerned about his kidney situation too.

At any rate, he is at home not in the hospital as might have been. We are grateful he's not in hosp, doesn't have infection (so far), etc. He had improved a good bit since yesterday. Last dr. says he thinks the worst is over, that it will improve on its own over the next ten days and then he will start him on physical therapy. That's the SHORT version.

Another bad thing is that tomorrow is GRANDPARENTS' DAY at dgd's school (first grade) and we can't go. We had sort of been planning the last day or two that he would stay home if ok enough to be alone and I would go down after dr's appt this afternoon. But then that dr. was able to get us in with orthopod and by the time we got home from that it was after five oclock, raining and getting dark. Thing starts at 8:15 AM two hours drive away. With cataracts and expected rain, I doubt I can do it in the morning (plus fatigued from last three days - I drove 5 1/2 hours Tuesday to get him home). Would have been even more so without new thyroid med, I'm sure.

So little dgd wouldn't talk to me on the phone and when she did finally get on, she was crying. I so hate to disappoint her but didn't think anything else was safe and feasible plus still don't think dh should be alone right now. Her Daddy's been away for more than a week taking care of his mom who had surgery last Friday. PLUS they live only a few miles from where the shootings took place last week in Rockville. Would have liked to go for dd's sake too. Dgd was ten feet off the ground yesterday, so excited about the plans the school and her class have for tomorrow. She's a very family oriented little girl and I know she's crushed. I'm still thinking of trying it in the a.m. but then am torn about leaving dh because he still needs to be checked for signs of infection, etc. and goes easily into denial plus still can't drive.

Yeesh, who said it's easy?

Glad some of us are having a good time. Enjoy, Meme. Glad you're feeling better, Mima. Candice, that depression was short lived as mine usually are. Gone by morning. I'm feeling so much better on thyroid med that I think now it may have been that. I'm not depressed tonight even with the way things have been going.

At least the 2 year old talked to me. She told me she played PlayDough at school.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:14 PM   #15  

I need a fresh start!!!! I weighed in yesterday at TOPS and gained so I am out of leeway. Have 2 weeks to get back so I will be in leeway.

Freddie
Closed Thread