Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 07:24 AM   #1  
Finally Fit!

Question Need Buddy or I"ll Crack!

Hi, I'm loving all the posts here, but I'm not sure how to find a buddy. There's so many people, and they seem to have their own groove going, so how does one get into this? I started a journal, and I came here looking for someone around my age and background, but it seems everyone has kids. I'm married 4 years, with a chronically ill husband, and no kids. But, I"m working my a** off, literally, and since all the girls at work are 'not my kind of girlfiends, I'm gone out seeking gold here. So, if you are around 28 or so, and can share time with me, I'd be so grateful for the friendship. I live here in Maryland... Ta Ta!
Old 10-07-2002, 10:41 PM   #2  

Hi,

I'm a few years older, married and have one child.

I know I'm not exactly what you are looking for in a buddy, but I'm a good listener and until someone more suitable comes along I'll be your bud if you want.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:58 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi. I have noticed the groove thing too. I have been on all the boards with not much luck. I am 30 with 3 kids but I am willing to talk and listen to your problems because that is what I need myself too.LOL
Old 10-09-2002, 02:15 PM   #4  
Finally Fit!

Lately, I'm thinking about winter, and how I always put on that cold weqather layer. I can already feel myself wanting to stay in instead of working out, and eating warm mashed potato dinners, instead of healthy stuff. I'm heading down a bad road. I don't wanna hate myself all winter.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:24 PM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I hate winter.It is the hardest time to lose weight. I go into a slump where I want to sleep or eat.LOL I always think of food more so in the winter too.Must have something to do with Christmas and Thanksgiving.Have you tried the Chicken Helper Fettucinni Alfredo? I made it last night with fat free half and half and put some of the sauce on green beans. Couldn't even tell it was low fat.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:14 PM   #6  
Finally Fit!

I've eaten so much of that Helper stuff, I could die. I was raised on that stuff, so now I reuse to eat it. Tonight for dinner, I ate (yeah, I"ve already eaten)... Banquet skinless fried chicken, and left over fried rice from the other day. I'm a greasy mess. Husbands sick now, and he's not eating So, I'm hrere at the table, surrounded by cholesterol... and he's just looking at me. TOnight's aerobics class.. I pray they don't cancel it. I'm in Maryland, so they cancelled it Monday. I desperately need to connect with other women,a nd sweat my *** off. It's only an hour away, so maybe we're good to go.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:45 PM   #7  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I was raised on Chop Suey and Fried potatoes with Hot dogs.Needless to say You will NEVER find Chop Suey at my house LOL. I got in 3 miles of walking today so I feel pretty good( until I wake up tomorrow)
Old 10-09-2002, 08:43 PM   #8  
Finally Fit!

Talking

Finally I"m feeling better. I went to Aerobics, which was NOT ccancelled tonight. I sweated like crazy, and got all that tension outta me and into situps and leg stuff. Boy did I need that workout. I"ll get over the fried rice, and I"ll move on. ANother day, lived through.. we'll pray tomorrow I eat healthy... and I walk my poor neglected doggie.
Old 10-10-2002, 01:27 PM   #9  
Finally Fit!

Angry So far so Good

Walked the dog in the rain... Ate turkey sandwich, no chips for lunch... Passed the Krispie Kreme donut case....(didn't patronize it).... and I'm upbeat. I'm doing my best to be good. You can't get in trouble by drinking hot cocoa, right?
Old 10-10-2002, 03:29 PM   #10  

SC,
I am 28 and have no children. Unless you count our cat and dog. Oh yeah, and the hubby. If you want me to be your buddy I could. I am new to this forum also. (1st Post)
Old 10-10-2002, 03:51 PM   #11  
Finally Fit!

Arrow Message to "K"

We're the same age, have a dog, no kids, married. Keep positng. We seem to have so much in common here. There's a few of us positn gher, and we're happy to get more.... stay a while.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:54 PM   #12  

How long have you been at the weight game.?
Old 10-10-2002, 04:01 PM   #13  
Finally Fit!

Talking Weight Game is on "tilt"

I've been battling and losing hte weight game all my life. In grade school, I was the chunky one,and then in college I was the curvey one, and now I'm the big breasted woman who turns heads, and that's it at the office. To me, I'm the girl with hidden cellulite, the girl who has rolls she hides well, and the girl with a fat ***. So, I've been trying to lost hte weight since may this year. Seriously that is. I've lost 30 pounds, and I'm terrified to gain an ounce back. It wa a big deal to even lose a pound, and I"ll be determined til I die to keep it off.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:57 PM   #14  

Angry Hi again!

Hi all,

I live in Edmonton and I guess winter's just around the corner with how cold it's getting. This summer was weird. July was so hot and no rain (the drought was so hard on our farmers) then in August the weather cooled off drastically. Winter is hard for exercising because it's usually too cold, I hear this winter we're supposed to be in for El Ninio (if that's how it's spelled) again--it was great in '97.

I have a dog that loves to go for walks, but she was born with a weak windpipe. When she gets too excited her windpipe collapses and she can't breath. Then she coughs and chokes until it inflates again so walks are short and not too often.

What kind of exercises do you all do? I like to walk and do pilates.
I want to get a gym ball and use that or maybe a walk-away-the-pounds video.

I like areobics, but due to foot problems i'm not able to do those anymore so i'm looking for other options.

Anyway, nice chatting with you. This site is so full of information and nice people I'm glad I found it!

By the way, what diet plans are you all on? I'm on a low-fat one, but am thinking about maybe switching to something else. Any tips or ideas?

Goodnight all.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:13 AM   #15  
Finally Fit!

Thumbs down To HizGal

HI! Um, as far as a type of diet. I will not starve myself. I will not drink shakes instaed of food. I will not eat one food group, denying myself another. I'm basically exercising every day, eting whole foods, veggies, meats, fruits... NO fried foods. Trying to cut down on carbs, but not cringing if there's bread with dinner. I['m working out with an aerobics group two nights a week, walking my dog other days, and including pilates also.. I also love pilates. For some reason, people around me don't know what it is, OR they think it's some new age thing. For me, it's mellow, relaxing, and toning all in one. It helps reduce stress, and lets me focus on my body... to get it into shape. That's all from me!
Closed Thread