Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Default 2 weeks of binge SOS

ok i know this is not good and i haven't been hitting the gym. The first step is to recognize my problem and i have and yet i still am in my crazy psycho state devouring everything. Just about three days ago i was at my worst i ate till i was so full till i could not stuff anything more in my mouth and if i did i would of laid on the floor crying cause my stomach was stuffed to the max that it felt so uncomfortable if you punched my stomach i would of probably puked then cry. that was the worst binge i had over the 2 week period. i was so full and i still attempted to stuff food in my mouth..why did i do that to myself? these past couple days i been telling myself okay time to get back on track and the cycle just repeats i am binging everyday now..i can't break the cycle or i can..i just can't do it like i use too and what hit me the most was when my mom told me i would gain it all back in no time if i continue doing this..i already probably gain 5lbs back..if anyone else been through this words of advice please?
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation ok....

so you're binge eating? Ok.... tell yourself it's time to move on. These things happen...all is not lost, don't lose hope.

1. really good idea to get rid of fatty high calorie foods from your presence...those get the most attention
2.keep healthy stuff you could binge on and never really gain close by (even lettuce has 7 calories per like 2 cups!!)...no I don't recommend lettuce by itself but still....
3. this is a big one, I am a recovering...eternally recovering binge eater...it still happens from time to time.... tell yourself it's ok to mess up but it's time to jump back on the wagon...I know it prob will take more than this but hey....
4. Lots of exercise will usually help counter this...think movement!
5. If all else fails pull up a fat picture, or one you might not like of yourself and post it on the fridge...every time you look at it, ask yourself what you want to be....it might help.

Perhaps some other useful things for when you hate exercise like me....make it fun (I play wii exercise games) ...coordinate with a friend so you're not alone and maybe so you both show up and....if you just can't get your butt in gear...promise yourself you'll only do ten minutes of exercise...you may feel well enough to do more, or at least you got some in! exercise boosts our body's burn rate for something like the next 24 hours afterward!!!!

Hope it's been helpful, have a good evening!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

I am coming off a week of binge-like behavior.. I feel you. What I find that works is getting up early the next day and have a killer work out. It sets the tone for a good healthy day. Throw out all crappy foods (way too tempting!). Just eat lots of fresh produce. After getting a full day of health under your belt, it becomes much easier to get back on the wagon!
Good luck! This happens to all of us!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I think it would help to know why you are binging. Are you upset, lonely, angry? Women are often taught that it is not OK to feel emotions like anger and binging is a way to make yourself numb to your real feelings. Talking to a friend or a psychologist might be a way to figure out "what's eating you."

And like others have mentioned, I can't keep foods I binge on in the house at all.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

I don't have much advice, I'm with you I've gained four pounds in the past week and a half. It's so depressing and frustrating that I cannot control myself. Even though I've been binging I've tried to be cognizant "I feel empty because of X...Eating is filling the void this second, but not solving the problem."

I also bought a new outfit, to remind myself how much I like my new figure. I think you're making a really good effort by posting on here. Sometimes all we can do is hold on for awhile, until things settle.
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #6  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I agree with everyone else, try to keep those bad foods out of your house. Focus on good stuff try to be around others that are trying to lose weight or something of the sort. You can do it dont let the hard work go to waste. Congrats on the progress you have made thus far.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #7  

I am in the same boat as you . I binge a few days, am perfectly on track for a few, and then mess it all up again. It's a vicious circle.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #8  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I def. feel for you. I had one of these days last week. i had a bad argument with my mom and it set off my emotional eating. I just ate and ate and even as I was telling myself "What in the heck are you doing this for? You need to control yourself" I was stuffing my face. Everything was 'oh, its not that bad if I eat it, i could be binging on something worse" but after all was said and done I had eaten over 1100 calories in a very short time. I haven't binged that much since but I am still stuck in a mindset of binge-like eating.

I agree that you need to figure out what is at the root of your binging. For me it was the argument with my mom. It may even be a vicious cycle of emotions concerning weight loss. "What if I gain, im very worried I will gain it all back" the response may be "Im so worried " and then to cope, although it may not make any sense, might be eating..then its a cycle.. 'ive just binged..what if i gain it all back? Im very worried..i want to eat. ive just binged"...and so on. This is something that happens to me, anyways.

Last edited by Phoenix301; 07-18-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #9  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

I really feel for you but well done for having the courage to share it. It is really difficult. I have had many big binges and I know the state when you just think you are going to burst and you just wanna get rid of the food from your body. And on top of that the craving for more food is still there. I have learnt to reach out to people and share that I have craving and that I want to binge eat and that really helps because it releases the tension. I don't have foods that I can badly binge eat on in the house. Because I just cannot have them so I don't. The other thing that helps me is progress, not perfection. Every day is the biggest most important day of my life. Because every day is an opportunity, a gift. I can't mess up today and do well tomorrow because I don't have tomorrow yet, I am not there.

So I only need to make effort today. Also if I am 150 pounds I must eat like somebody who is 150 pounds today. And I don't think this means burgers, chips, ice cream etc... I really think it is chicken salad and some healthy snacks.

And sometimes I struggle to do that. The more I say no to food, the more it pulls me back. Until I recognised these craving as power greater than me. Now I don't fight no more, I trust. I place my trust to my body to feed me, not to my mind and my compulsive behaviour. I strongly believe that my body is very very intelligent and knows what it wants to eat only if I let it. Because binge eating is caused by me and it hurts my body. So the eating that is caused by the body does not hurt the body. I hope that makes sense.

Sometimes I just have to run away from people and places because I can't do it. When I go to a restaurant, as soon as I feel my stomach full I ask the waiter to take my plate away. I don't want to hurt my body any more. I don't deserve that.

Well done for reaching out, you are recovering! And remember you never ever have to be perfect, just be ok, just be normal, follow the body and trust me your body does not want just food and does not want to binge. I have been free from binge eating for 6 months and 21 days and this has been the greatest thing in my life! If I can do it, you can do it too! Go girl! )
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote