Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 03:05 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Cardio Queens #1 - Let's Move!

Hi there! Just starting a new thread for the week or so.

Tanya - sorry to hear about your weekend. But you know, these are the kinds of things that we learn from. Many times if we know we're going out to eat or have a nice meal, we starve all day and end up overeating...I do it often! But it's better to still eat throughout the day then you'll still be able to have the control to eat sensibly later. It's allll good! And the best thing you can do is to hop back on the saddle again as soon as you can. Good for you!

I had a pretty good weekend. I went out for Chinese on Saturday myself and I think I managed to stay within my WW points...I normally take Saturdays "off" from journaling but still count in my head...it's sort of a break from being consistent all week so I don't get burned out. I also take Saturdays "off" from exercising. I also lost almost two pounds at my weigh-in this week so I feel good about that.

Today I went to my future mother in laws house for liver and onions...I LOVE liver and onions! She recently started WW too, so we had a great light meal. I thought about not eating all day myself, but I knew I'd end up overeating, so I still ate a regular lunch and kept control during dinner. I was proud of myself for that.

When I got home, I tried out a Leslie Sansone 3-mile walk video and that was pretty good. Not a big sweaty workout like the elliptical machine, but I know I worked some different muscles and I'll be sore in the morning! Plus, it's still a really decent workout right in my bedroom. 45 minutes of moving IS 45 minutes of calorie burning!

So how is everyone doing? Come say hello! I'm off to bed now!

CD
Old 10-07-2002, 10:49 AM   #2  

Morning cd
Saturday I had eat all day like would usually but the supper started late
I find it nice that when I work out that I feel new muscle that I don't normally use. Its new to try new workout that way you don't get bore and stop working out.I change my workout tapes monthing I never get bore or muscle are always challenged in new was.
Tanya
Old 10-07-2002, 04:15 PM   #3  

Hello, Tanya!

I slept in because I went to bed so late. I didn't wake up until 10am, got to the gym at 11am, left at Noon, then had two hours for lunch and reading then work. I work from 2.30pm-11pm. Pretty soon I'll be on first shift again and it will be SO different!

I did manage 45 minutes on the elliptical today. I think that Sansone video helped last night. I'm glad I did it although it was midnight when I started. It's a good thing to do at home..but it took me a while to get to sleep!

I started some new medicine today too. I have PCOS and I'm on Glucophage (Metformin) now. So far, no crazy side effects!

Have a great day!

CD
Old 10-07-2002, 06:27 PM   #4  

Smile

Hi cd great job on the weight lose
I find that if I workout to close to my bedtime that I can't sleep Thats why I usually workout in the morning of when my son naps.I can usually sleep then.
better get supper read.
Tanya
Old 10-07-2002, 09:25 PM   #5  

I'm at work having dinner right now. There is the cutest little kitty outside. He's been here for almost two weeks so I share my lunch with him. I really want to take him home and give him a warm bath and then take him to the vet the next morning! I just might...I'm just worried about how my other two kitties will act! But it's getting SOOO cold outside and the kitty ( I named him Sammie) is trying to get in the building!

Arrgh! The plight of the kitty lover!

CD
Old 10-08-2002, 08:47 AM   #6  

Glad to see that you're all doing well. Congrats on your 2 lbs...

It's still slow going for me- doesn't feel slow though... I'm walking on the treadmill 30-40 minutes and using the cross-trainer 15-30 minutes. I still can't walk too fast, so I put the treadmill at a 2.5-6 % incline. I do feel better from the exercise and I'm gettin more and more confident that I will stick w/ a program. My goal is to lose weight, for now I am working to not gain more weight and to get into better shape.

I'm going to the gym before work unless it's my day off. I figure if I go before work then I don't have to worry about stuff coming up after work that will prevent me from getting in a workout. And, let's face it- some days after work- all I'm motivated to do is sit around...
Old 10-08-2002, 10:41 AM   #7  

Hi everyone
Kitten are so cute but be careful they are alot of work we have a dog and alots of work with kids too.
Got my workout in this morning feel good for the day.
better go I hear my son is up
Tanya
Old 10-08-2002, 06:06 PM   #8  

Default Hello!!

Hello, Ladies! Good job on keeping in the mindframe of moving! I'm glad that you are getting some exercise in during your busy days!

I had a hard time waking up this morning. Last week I woke up and got to the gym before 10am, but this week so far I don't get there until 11am! Then I am rushing when I get home to cook and shower and get dressed for work. I'll try to go to bed extra early tomorrow.

Instead of going into the small more private workout room at the gym, I went into the big workout room today. Normally I'm a bit too self conscious for the "big" gym but I went and did a good 40 minutes. I admit though I wanted to quit halfway through. It's just nerve racking with all those people...but I kept on and actually cut it 5 minutes short and did 40 minutes instead of 45 minutes. It was tough, but I left there sweating and tired. I think I'll stick with the small private workout room for now!

Anyway, I had a diet Pepsi here at work today for the first time in a while. Although I'm exercising just like before, I'm getting groggy at work and I'm craving carbs! I'll have to work on controlling the carb cravings. I made a great asparagus, mushroom and shrimp stir fry with baked egg rolls. Mmmm. I already ate the egg rolls in my carb craving haste and lunch isn't for another two hours.

Ay ay ay...here's where it's starting to get hard....

CD
Old 10-08-2002, 07:07 PM   #9  

Hey CD,
Thanks for the advise. I too have been up and down in weight most of my life. I even took Phenermine after I had my daughter
and got down to about 115 lbs... that was a VERY hard weight for me to keep. My body seems to like 120 even on my 4ft 11 frame.
Its not TOO thin just curvy. I did ok today until one of the other dental offices sent doughnuts as a thankyou gift for sending them patients. This will happen about every other week between now and Christmas!!! Its awful... cant walk through the break-
room with out grabbing a bite. I did work out this morning and I
did good until I ate those STUPID DOUGHNUTS!!!. Oh well... life goes on. Maybe I will do better tomarrow. I had a small goal set
for myself that I wanted my jeans looser before I go on a trip on the 8th of next month. Im worried at this rate it wont happen.

Thats a great idea bout exercising together, but for some reason
I think he wants to solo for a while..... Maybe he thinks I'll tell him hes doing it wrong... who knows. But I wouldnt do that.

Songbird
Old 10-08-2002, 07:22 PM   #10  

Songbird - thanks for joining us here.

That's so cool that you are willing to exercise with your DH. It's so weird to think about it but I miss running with my fiancee. I really want to get back to that. Now that my sig. other is 6000 miles away, it's easy to think that I wish we could go exercise together right now when before I'd moan and say I'm too out of shape or I'm too tired to go to the gym!

It's so neat when I see older couples walking together or who run marathons together. Perhaps some day that will be us!

Either way, it's cool that you want to be there for your DH. Keep at it gently and keep encouraging him and maybe he'll let up. Perhaps he is self conscious about things. But he needs you there with him! How cool. And romantic

How about everyone else? Do you exercise with your significant others? Just curious!

CD
Old 10-09-2002, 03:30 PM   #11  

Hi everyone got my workout in this morning but what a hard one. I don't know why did everything that I normaly do but I was so tired after.
Then my day went down hill from there. My daughters playschool class was dropped and no one told me. I left there so mad I was in tears.and I pulled her out.
I hope tomorrow will be better?
Tanya
Old 10-09-2002, 06:04 PM   #12  

Oh no, Tanya - how stressful! I don't have kids, but I can imagine how something like that changes everything! I'm glad you got your workout in today. I feel that way sometimes afterward, tired when I should feel energized. I have yet to figure that one out.

For example, I take Saturdays off of exercise and I take a walk or do a video on Sundays. So when I get back to the gym on Monday I feel energized and have a good workout. Then on Tuesday I'm a bit more sluggish because I worked so hard the day before, then it gets better and better until Friday I have a great workout, then it starts all over. I have to learn to stretch better before and after exercise so my muscles aren't so tight in the morning. My brother is a personal trainer...I think I'll ask him about being tired after working out.

CD
Old 10-10-2002, 10:59 AM   #13  

Well I have great new. They put my daughters class back. I guess someone needed to tellthem that they weere doing something wrong and none of the other parents said to much.
Got my work out in. Feel better than yesterday after wards. Better go and get my kids dressed for the day.
Tanya
Old 10-10-2002, 02:34 PM   #14  
Mooz

Hey I was just lurking and I see you girls are doing some great exercising. I walk and do linedancing myself but I really need to do something else also. I came across the following today on the net and though you might like to know just how many benefits you are getting.

50 Reasons to Exercise

by Monica Neave

1. Burn calories
2. Increase your metabolism
3. Lose weight
4. Lower your body fat
5. Lower your bmi
6. Prevent weight gain
7. Build muscle & get stronger
8. Increase endurance & stamina
9. Feel energized
10. Increase self-esteem and confidence
11. Feel & look healthy
12. Look younger
13. Burn your fat clothes
14. No more starving yourself
15. Enjoy all types of food without gaining weight
16. Improve circulation
17. Relieve stress
18. Reduce anxiety levels
19. Alleviate depression
20. Prevent injuries
21. Reduce low-back pain
22. Strengthen joints
23. Alleviate or prevent migraine headaches
24. Alleviate or reduce pms
25. Improve immune system
26. Sleep better
27. Improve balance & coordination
28. Improve posture
29. Increase or maintain flexibility
30. Lower resting heart rate (gives your heart a break)
31. Lower or control blood pressure
32. Reduce total cholesterol
33. Reduce circulating levels of triglycerides
34. Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
35. Reduce the risk of heart disease
36. Reduce the risk of cancer
37. Reduce the risk of stroke
38. Reduce the risk of colon cancer
39. Reduce the risk of breast cancer
40. Increase insulin sensitivity and prevent adult onset diabetes (type II diabetes)
41. Increase or maintain your bone mineral density to prevent osteoporosis
42. Live a longer and better quality life
43. Set a good example for others (your kids, relatives, friends)
44. Quit smoking with less trouble
45. Live an independent lifestyle as you age
46. Increase your pain threshold
47. Feel the rush of endorphins
48. Participate in fund raising walks/runs without a problem
49. Be the one everyone wishes they looked like
50. Get complimented on a regular basis
Old 10-10-2002, 05:02 PM   #15  

Hi mooz49
Thanks for the 50 reasons to exersice. The days that I don't feel like working out I will read them and get motivated. Continue checking us out.
Tanya
Closed Thread