Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #1  

Default I binged - please help

I'm so annoyed with myself.

I did brilliantly yesterday - SO well, and then I ruined it all within about an hour before going to bed.

Do you think that certain foods can trigger a binge?

Hubby sat with a huge bar of dairy milk last night ( he now knows NOT to sit and eat that in front of me...) and I ended up having 3 squares, which was in my calorie limit.

However, I then had another 6/7 squares and ended up going to get myself some cheese slices on toast.

I know it's not a major binge, but I felt a real loss of control and just felt like all my hard work was becoming undone.

This is week one for me and since Monday I'd lost 4lbs (probably water weight) but when I stepped on this morning, 2lbs were back on and I just feel so disheartened now.

Cookiebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Unless you ate 7,000 calories-worth of chocolate and cheese, the 2lbs will definitely be water.

Yes, definitely certain foods can trigger binges. Chocolate is one of my worst, or any kind of sweet cake, so I just don't have them at all, I can't trust myself round them. Of course, if someone was sitting next to me putting chocolate in his mouth, he might suddenly find I'd got it into him by another route (ahem).
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Unless you ate 7,000 calories-worth of chocolate and cheese, the 2lbs will definitely be water.

Yes, definitely certain foods can trigger binges. Chocolate is one of my worst, or any kind of sweet cake, so I just don't have them at all, I can't trust myself round them. Of course, if someone was sitting next to me putting chocolate in his mouth, he might suddenly find I'd got it into him by another route (ahem).
Really? So it's definitely not weight that's gone back on..? Does it mean that I've not drunk enough water yesterday then? Or that my foods were too salty?

LOVING your suggestion about where to put the chocolate..!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #4  

Where is everyone today?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 AM   #5  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Your body takes time to turn the calories you eat into fat. Eating excess calories will not result in actual fat gain overnight.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

It's funny you mention it b/c part of the whole concept of South Beach is that certain foods that we eat create cravings for more of said food...so you're pretty on track w/ what you were thinking. Don't be too hard on yourself...dust yourself off and get back on track right away.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Default Aargh!!

Your weight will fluctuate alot during a day. my scale tells me I lost 3 lbs since last night! Now if only that were true. Keep up the great work and don't sweat the few and far between binges
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #8  

I am reading -

Food Addiction:
The Body Knows by Kay Shepard and she talks a lot about trigger foods. I highly suggest picking up a copy of the book. Amazon and eBay both sell used copies pretty cheap. It has really opened my eyes.

Last edited by irishchik; 07-15-2010 at 07:42 AM.
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishchik View Post
I am reading -

Food Addiction:
The Body Knows by Kay Shepard and she talks a lot about trigger foods. I highly suggest picking up a copy of the book. Amazon and eBay both sell used copies pretty cheap. It has really opened my eyes.
Ooh thanks, will try and get a copy!

I'm back on track today thankfully - it's the evenings that are the worst, I should just go to bed much earlier!!