Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Sunday, Oct. 6

I'm here I think. Didn't get over here yesterday, tho I did on Friday for the first time in a few weeks.

Have had some heavy duty family issues going on and still coping with the fallout. (hub had severe concussion... better now; daughter broke collarbone badly in judo match out of province 2 weekends ago...been to dr 3x now.. no surgery decided three days ago.. but will be in her brace 6 more weeks for total of 8.. off to a sports clinic dr this week for more info...this girl is in competitive judo and hopes to make the provincial team for our upcoming Canada Winter Games.. team is to be announced later this month........ and almost 20 year old son moved out... bitterly and left us with two walls to repair.. probably a good thing he's moved out... everyone's been walking on eggshells around here too long...... AND fighting with a car dealer over my car... they diagnosed a problem well before extended warranty expired and said it wasn't a problem.. not that warranty is off, and it IS a problem... I should pay $4000 for a new engine.... yeah, right)

I haven't been following program the better part of a month, and have put a bit back on. Not bad tho, 2 pounds. And considering all we've been dealing with here, this is very very good for me.

Am thinking in another week or so, I may return to WW meetings. Tomorrow, when I return to work, I will make a point of journalling points. At least I can get back at it here.

Fall is here. Most of the leaves have fallen, and we had snow night before last. It was melted by 10 am, but it's around the corner! I hate winter and short days. From about mid Nov to end of Jan, sun is up between 8-8:30 am and sets between 4:30-5:00. I work in a windowless office. I miss the sun in winter. Am getting the workmen (my office is under some re-construction) to put in full-spectrum lights for me. If my employer won't buy them, I will!

Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:30 PM   #2  

Angry Hang in there judo mom!

Glad to see that you have come back...your plate certainly does seem full....keep in touch and hang in there!

Elizabeth
Old 10-06-2002, 06:52 PM   #3  

JudoMom....you have been having a rough go of it lately.

It's a dreary day here...overcast.

I made the crustless pumpkin pie today. It does look good sitting on the counter. Tonight we are having roast beef & all the trimmings for supper.

Not too much planned for today...it's near 4 P.M. Soon I will have to go fix the rest of dinner.

DS & DH went to pick up the washer, dryer & dishwasher DS & his GF bought yesterday. He is a bit excited...it's his first.

Have a great week everyone.

April
Old 10-06-2002, 07:25 PM   #4  

Hi Judomom

I have also been having a rough week lately. I am in Canada as well. And I am new to this forum.
On the 1st I found out my mother was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor on her right lung and also found a spot on her liver. I am very worried for her. She lives in Newfoundland and I am in Alberta. So expensive to fly to visit with her. But in the meantime all the Doctors are on strike in Newfoundland and she has to wait. And I worry for her waiting with cancer in her body. I would not want to wait without treatment or help of some kind.
My husband has a good paying job and just this week has gotten no hours. VERY SLOW and now right before Christmas ...How convienient. Seems like our luck is always poor when & where we need luck the most.
My son who is 8 just joined into Judo and loves it as of now. I hope he will enjoy it. I am telling you this cause I see you wrote how your daughter does Judo as well.
Well I don't want to drown you in my sorrows....but I just thought I'd tell you that you are not alone with having problems and I am glad to know I am not alone too.
Lets keep our minds free of worry and our chins held high!
Islandgurl29
Closed Thread