Old 07-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'7"

Default how many times till i get it?!

I was doing so good at the beginning of the year,then I fell off,then I got back on tack,then off again!When will I learn?I can't stray even for a minute!I'm slowly getting back on track again.I really wish I could find someone to motivate me & help me stay on track every day.I've started walking everyday again also.
beliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I just started....so I may not be the best one to comment. But I think getting on here A LOT is helping me.
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

There's a lot of little roads leading to that spot you want to be. Allow yourself to make a mistake and jump right back on your horse...if it's for one bite or one month of bad bites...always look ahead and keep going. Don't let the mistakes totally take you down!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #4  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

I think that YOU need to become the person who motivates you! I notice that your signature panel shows "Needs lots of Will Power Dust." While that is cute, I have learned that it takes a lot more than will power to lose weight.
It takes some tools and some skills to lose weight and keep it off.

I've read plenty of diet books, but the Beck Diet Solution and/or the Beck Diet for Life books are great for teaching a newbie the tools and skills that make managing one's weight a lifestyle change, not just a diet. I would encourage you and anyone else who is having a hard time to check out these books. They have given me a whole new way of looking at weight loss. Maybe they could help you as well. Good luck!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #5  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

I know the feeling you have. I was the same way, and this is my first time (today) posting here in years. Back when I posted I was lost, and on and off again so often. I dont know what finally made it click, but once it does, it becomes much easier I have found. You just have to make that concious descision that says "Im going to do this" and not give into little stupid choices, when healthy fuel is available!
Having support, and so much information from sites like these make the whole process much easier. Good luck and stick with it, you really can do it!
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #6  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Thanks for starting the thread. I find the posts so helpful. I read several posts yesterday about success taking commitment, not motivation, because motivation is a feeling. It's such a relief to know that I can choose, and make new choices. I don't have to choose everything for tomorrow or next year, but for right now, I can choose something good.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #7  

Thanks all.It's a very hard battle when you have no support at home.I get off track alot cuz I get alot of 'on bite won't hurt'...'you don't need to lose any'...
& like I've said before,these long work days get tough.
I really appreciate all the support from you all.Thanks.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/168.8/160

Height: 5'6

I can relate. Some days are really hard but I push through and don't let anyone get in the way....I have to stay focused. I've given up when it's gotten too hard in the past.
Handbags66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbags66 View Post
I've given up when it's gotten too hard in the past.

that's me,but this time I'm not giving in.I'm going to tell myself that's it's not the end of the world if I slip,just stay focused.Coming here for support really helps so I'm going to be here atleast once a day.
I'm even going too start a small scrapbook so I can carry it around with me to keep me motivated.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hey, I just wanted to say that you are not alone. I have been working on this for 4 years because of this reason. I believe slow and steady wins and the race!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote