Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Default Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi everyone!

I find that whenever I try to diet and change my eating habbits for the better, I feel even more addicted to the bad foods. For example, I just had lunch and stuffed myself! Could not eat anymore. However, as soon as I got back to work the cookies in the vending machine were just too irresistable. Its like no matter how much chicken, veggies, nuts, etc. I eat and no matter how full I am; I just cant resist the bad food. I could be full to the point of throwing up, but my body just screams for the bad food! What is this? Do I have a really bad sugar addiction? Am I just an emotional eater? I dont understand! Feeling full is not my problem, craving the bad food all the time is! How do I deal with this?!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

i feel the same way! i eat super healthy all day then after supper i just need something sugary! lately i've been eating fruit after supper for that sugar but yesterday i didn't have any and ended up having a big piece of cake! i don't know, for me, i think it's just self sabotage... i don't know why though, i WANT to be thin! really no help here, just wanted you to know that you're not alone!
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/159/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure the cause, but I'm the same way. I CANNOT go on a diet, or tell myself that I'm going to eat differently. As soon as I do, suddenly all the bad foods are the only things I want and I feel like I'll die without them. It's ridiculous!

So instead I had to make a no pressure eating plan. Like if I want some chocolate, cool, no problem. I can have some chocolate and I'm not going to freak out and eat a box of it because if I want to have a little more later, I can. I don't feel like I have to make a cheat "count" and eat the whole box.

I don't know if that helps at all. For me the forbidden fruit is the sweetest, and as soon as it's not forbidden any more I'm more or less uninterested in it.
ms hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #4  

YES! Thats exactly it! Its almost becuase its forbidden that I feel I need to eat 10 bags of it. Its as if im telling myself I am never going to have these fooods again so I binge on them. WTF. Im still debating these cookies that are STILL staring at me from he vending machine, all while im munching on cashews to get rid of the craving. Thats not even a great idea considering 15cashews have 14g of fat!! And im NOT EVEN HUNGRY RIGHT NOW! WTF?!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I do that too. For me I think it is my subconscious telling me I better enjoy the bad foods now since I am making diet changes. Or like when you tell a kid they can't do something.... and now its all they want to do!! lol
I used to be sucked in by the office cookies etc. but I found if I brush my teeth right after lunch I tell my brain I am done eating. That really helped me.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

I used to be the same way, but I was able to beat it, and now I don't even really want those things anymore. My palate has changed to the point that I really don't like overly sweet things.

My problem started out because I am an emotional eater. Instead of dealing with my emotions I would just go stuff my face with sweets.

I got rid of most of the prepackaged foods in my house, all the cookies, all the junk food, precooked meals -- I threw it all away and I replaced those things with fruit and other healthier choices. Did you know that if you peel a banana and freeze it, you can blend it later and it makes the yummiest banana icecream? You don't even need to add anything.

If you're going to beat this, you have to replace your cravings for sugar with something else. So if you're eating those foods at work because of a vending machine, you need to bring something with you to eat instead of those cookies.

I know how hard it is, but I was able to stop by changing my habits and it really has worked!
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #7  
WW start date: 6-14-10

S/C/G: 236/215.4/135

Height: 5'5"

This is exactly why every time I've dieted in the past I've "failed"... I tried to stick to plans that were NOT realistic to me at all. That's what I LOVE about Weight Watchers, is I decide what I eat, and as long as it's planned into my day, that's fine.. I can have it. Nothing is off limits. I've also just learned to be more aware of the calories, fat, and fiber in what I eat, which makes it easier to make healthy choices.

I LOVE juice, I LOVE Pizza, and I LOVE ice cream, and giving them up entirely is simply not going to happen... but, I switched to light juices, and I buy the WW ice creams, or smart ones treats, and they totally fulfill the craving. SO while I'm not ordering a Large stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese from Pizza Hut every friday, and eating (at least) half of it... I get my Smart One's individual pizza.. eat it slowly, and enjoy it. I'm almost a month into it, and my taste buds are actually starting to prefer the healthier choices. I never fel deprived of any of the foosd I like. Ever.

Best of luck to you! Just find a plan that works best for YOU.
corgiXpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I think most people are this way. I want to lose weight for life. I'm not looking for a quick fix (though, I'd love to just snap my finger and weigh 145, I've accepted it doesn't work like that). I have decided that it is worth it to me to lose weight at a slower pace than to say "Okay, I'm cutting all of (enter every yummy horrible food you can think if here) out and that's that." I know that isn't sustainable. Watching my mom lose weight has made me realize how similar we are. And if I keep going down the path that I was, I'd be obese in a matter of short years.

It makes it easier knowing that you can have whatever you want, but not always. If you know you are going somewhere where you are likely to make bad choices, eat healthy leading up to it.

I tend to go on little rants in response to people's comments/questions. Really, it comes down to you making your diet livable, and not temporary. If by cutting out all of something makes you want it, even when you are full, try limiting or cutting back. Okay, I can have ONE cookie. Eat it. Be happy about it. Then get back on track. This should be for life!

-just fyi, I'm all talk...though I am getting better and I just started trying to lose weight again
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #9  

Aww thanks everyone. Good to know I'm not alone. I mentally sabbatoge myself and I really need to stop. I have to trust that over time, I will not have the INSANE cravings for the bad food. I just am so hard on myself. If after a few weeks of eating "healthier" with a few slip ups here and there, and dont lose weight, I get angry and give up. And blame it on my mess ups. So I guess will say no to those cookies for now, even though I feel Ive already messed today up at lunch
Old 07-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #10  

Brown, I have that problem too!! Ive noticed once I have one cookie, ill need another and another and another; even after being sickly full. But the problem with low carb; high fat for me is that going too long without a normal amount of carbs, my cravigs get really bad for them! And then I binge..Is 100g of carbs consiered low carb?