Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #1  
ZOOOOM!!!

S/C/G: 185/185/???

Height: 5'5"

Default I Really Need to Post This

This is a confession that I need to make so that I can get back on track. I started at 225 and got down to 135 then started maintenance. I thought I looked really great at 135. Well I started my old eating habits again and I am back up to 145. I haven't even exercised in 5 days! It is like a stereotype of diet failure. The thing is I know it doesn't have to be because 145 is a LOT BETTER than 225. I just need to go back to my healthy eating and exercise habits again. I've started the last 5 days with the best of intentions but gone back to eating junk by the end of the day. But today is the day that changes. I am going to respond to this post at the end of the day and let you guys know that I've stuck to it ALL DAY.

Thanks for readying this post. I just needed to tell someone else what was going on so it didn't feel like a terrible, shameful secret.
KontheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #2  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Support

Okay well you made the first step by posting. I am at work and I will be posting in this thread checking in on you as I take my breaks and lunch and when I get home I will check in on you also that is my commitment to you to help support you. Take it one hour at a time and keep your chin up, we are all out here to support you today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontheWay View Post
This is a confession that I need to make so that I can get back on track. I started at 225 and got down to 135 then started maintenance. I thought I looked really great at 135. Well I started my old eating habits again and I am back up to 145. I haven't even exercised in 5 days! It is like a stereotype of diet failure. The thing is I know it doesn't have to be because 145 is a LOT BETTER than 225. I just need to go back to my healthy eating and exercise habits again. I've started the last 5 days with the best of intentions but gone back to eating junk by the end of the day. But today is the day that changes. I am going to respond to this post at the end of the day and let you guys know that I've stuck to it ALL DAY.

Thanks for readying this post. I just needed to tell someone else what was going on so it didn't feel like a terrible, shameful secret.
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Glad you posted. It's good that you are making this committment now instead of 50 pounds from now.

It's time to forgive yourself and start planning so you are back in your healthful routine.

It's sometimes a bit hard getting started - but, once you get back into your swing of things - it will be better.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #4  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Great Job!! Think about how much easier it will be to fix this now, rather than after 20 or 25 more pounds have been gained. And please keep us posted, I can't wait to hear about your success in getting over this slip up.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #5  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

There are a lot of us here rooting for you! We know you can do this and you know you can too!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #6  
Defying Gravity

Default Checking in

1st break of the day and checking in on you as I promised, see how your day was going so far. I did good on my break and just ate my snack, just a bottle of water on my desk, no nibbles or snacks.. I will check back at my lunch time

Quote:

Old 07-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

"But today is the day that changes."

Yay! So glad you recognized the problem and are addressing it! You can do it sistah!!!!

(I am so worried about this happening when I hit goal. So glad to know there are so many here to help support each other.)
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Please join us in the Maintainer's Forum. We have several "daily accountability" threads. Start posting, get back on track!

I would recommend Operation 5-10 For Summer.

Daily accountability is key!!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
This is a confession that I need to make so that I can get back on track. I started at 225 and got down to 135 then started maintenance. I thought I looked really great at 135. Well I started my old eating habits again and I am back up to 145. I haven't even exercised in 5 days! It is like a stereotype of diet failure.
I don't think this is "diet failure" at all; you didn't gain 80 pounds back, you have gained 10. The important thing is that you are catching it right now and are doing something to address it. You have accomplished so much; there's no question in my mind that you can turn this around now. And you must!

Keep on keeping on; you have a lot of support here!

Cheers,

J

Last edited by LotusMama; 07-07-2010 at 10:10 AM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

omg, what a blessing!!! To catch yourself at 145 instead of 185!!! That is so HUGE. i am so proud of you. You are right. You know what you need to do. You got yourself there, so you can get yourself back where you want to be!

congrats on your success!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #11  
ZOOOOM!!!

S/C/G: 185/185/???

WOW. Thank you all so much for the support. I am still on track today and I plan to stay that way!!!
KontheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #12  
Defying Gravity

Checking in you and hope you are doing well today, just finished up my lunch, stuck with the steamed shrimp and carrots, will check back later, keep your chin up and moving forward, focus on the mini goals!

Quote:

Old 07-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #13  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You can do this, you have already accomplished so much. We are here cheering you on

Last edited by Onederchic; 07-07-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #14  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

recognizing what's going on early, like after 10 lbs instead of 50, and posting to stay accountable, and forgiving yourself, seem like really important steps, so you seem to be on a good path.

congratualtions on all that hard work you did to lose the weight. and congrats on what you're doing now to get back to your goal. i'm joining the others here in cheering for you!

Last edited by skygirl; 07-07-2010 at 01:56 PM.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #15  
Defying Gravity

Hey how is your day going, your update was uplifting and supportive

Here we go rolling into the middle part of the day, I had my snack which I did not like. Steamed shrimp which is low in cal but the ones I bought were imported from overseas, I was afraid to purchase gulf shrimp and they did not have the same flavor as gulf shrimp (insert oil joke here)

Anyhow I hope you are having a positive and uplifitng day, sounds like you are right on track. I will check back in tonight after I get home and settled. We are going out for sushi tonight which will keep me on track

Quote: