Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #1  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Default ** Get Me Outta the 200s! **

It's time for a new thread! Hope it's okay that I started one.

audrina, thanks for all the helpful information and advice!! I'll be sure to pay attention to my form on Wednesday when I go again. My athletic shoes are New Balance and practically brand new. I bought them a couple months back but I don't wear them unless I'm working out... so I've only worn them for about 2 weeks. I took an anti-inflammatory and am icing my knees now thanks to your wise words.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Annnyyttimmeee! Glad to pass on any wisdom I have to avoid pain. I hope it helps!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/235.6/150

Height: 5'5

I hope my stay in the thread is short ^_-. I am sooo close to being in onederland
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #4  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Wow, you're dancing on that line, ubercast! Awesome!

I finally saw 209.something this morning on the scale. But it won't be official until I see it Wednesday afternoon (which'll take a while ).
Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Anyone think my goal of onderland is too soon? Hhm. I've been very committed thus far, but my DH doesn't want me to be disappointed. It's 2 and a 1/2 months away....

There's no harm in trying, though. Hhm.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #6  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Anyone think my goal of onderland is too soon? Hhm. I've been very committed thus far, but my DH doesn't want me to be disappointed. It's 2 and a 1/2 months away....

There's no harm in trying, though. Hhm.
Well, I think that it's a little aggressive. That would require you to lose at an average of 3 pounds a week, which sometimes happens in the first couple weeks of weight loss, but to try and keep that up is going to be really hard. The rule of thumb is that 1 to 2 pounds per week is a healthy weight loss.

I know what it feels like to hurry up and want to get that weight OFF (I've yo-yo'ed so many times), but we have to be patient with our bodies. It took a long time to put those 30 odd pounds on, and it will take some time to lose them.

It's all about healthy, maintainable weight loss.

/advice

Weighing in tomorrow morning. I'm coming back to get you, 203!

And skiing was a success! I could barely move Sunday from skiing so much on Saturday. It hurt so good.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

ETA: Oh yeah. Holy crap, Zan! That is awesome! I seem to remember saying that you'll be kissing 210 good-bye in no time. The only explanation? I must be a psychic.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 07-06-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #7  
Warning 3FC Addict

Hm. I know that that goal would be unrealistic for my body if I was in your position. I've been doing this since 12/30/09 and up to last wednesday, I haven't even hit the 40 lb loss just yet.

But this all depends on your body and what you are doing to lose the weight food-wise and tack on any exercise you may be doing. I think you'll be a lot closer to Onderland than where you are now and where you've been this time last year, so try for it. Just don't feel frustrated as the date for that goal draws closer and the scale doesn't show Onderland. Like Song said, 3 lbs is crazy hard to lose a week let alone every week. Personally, I believe that our bodies were not meant to ever lose that fast, strick diet or no, and definitely not in any healthy way.

You are doing fantastic in losing those 17 lbs, keep going!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #8  
is super awesome.

I keep my calories below 1300 a day on average, and I do at least an hour of work outs a day. My husband and I also walk at least 2 miles a night.

I generally burn 800 to 1,000 calories a day. I've done so since I started this in May.

I dont exactly know what I currently weigh, I'm going to buy a new scale tonight! The last time I weighed myself about 2 weeks ago I was at the 231, so I'm hoping that's lower.

We shall see. I guess I'll keep on doing what I'm doing and see where I end up, and just use that as a rough goal!

Thanks ladies!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #9  
Warning 3FC Addict

I know next to nothing about calorie counting, but I find it awesome that you and your hubby walk those miles, wow, I've had problems finding a steady exercise buddy.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 07-06-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #10  

zanheltangia- Am I not alone in my non-calorie counting ways?

kateleestar- I suppose your weight loss goal depends on your body. Once I started eating better, and exercising my body went into overdrive, and I having been losing weight really fast. If you think you can handle your goal then I say go for it.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #11  
Warning 3FC Addict

I can raise my hand to the question: "who does not count calories?"

But I have to admit to counting points; I'm doing weight watchers on my own.

How about you?

Last edited by zanheltangia; 07-06-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #12  

I'm not on any sort of plan, and I don't count calories at all. I've just been eating less, and making better food choices.

I go to the gym 6 days a week, and I walk about 6-8 miles a day.

I thought I was on my own on the 'not counting calories' front. I tell others that and they think I am insane XD.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #13  
is super awesome.

I calorie count to the very last calorie. I'm alllll about it. I didn't think I'd like it, but I LOVE it. I love that its on my phone and I can just pop it in where ever I am, and no one needs to know, because it looks like I'm texting or checking the weather or something. Yey, technology!

And I guess the hubby is forced into the walking. We have a VERY hyper beagle/jack russell mix and if she isn't walked shes NUTS. I can't do it alone, because of the wrist problems I have left from a car accident a while back, because she pulls non stop for however far we walk, and my wrist just cant take it. Without the walk, she whines/barks/paces/harasses the cats and the ADHD in me can't take that. So, its walk with me or have me be annoyed at the dog, and him in turn, because it's his dog.

Haha.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #14  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

I count calories! I'm pretty strict about it and eat 1600 calories a day. I also work out for at least 30 minutes each day.

kateleestar, 1300 seems really low to me, but if it's working for you, great! Sometimes if you see a stall in your weight loss, going up 100-300 calories for a week or so will help you through the plateau. Just be careful... I know that eating too few calories can be bad because your body tends to want to store the food rather than burning it because it doesn't think enough is coming in.

WHOOHOO for all of you getting so close to Onederland! I hope to be there soon, myself.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Good morning everyone.

I'm having a pretty bad couple weeks and I have to admit that it's hard to stay on track. I know this is kinda horrible but I'm cat-sitting a neighbor's cat until today, and she has this big jar of Jelly Belly's ... well I've been so stressed out and I don't have any sugary snacks to binge on that I've been going over there and stuffing my face with a handful of jelly beans.

I just don't know how to deal with my anxiety without eating. I mean, I don't feel TOO bad, I only had two handfuls of jelly beans, but I've been doing so well. And now that the stress is just piling up, I'm not sure what to do.

Any of you guys eat to cope with your stress and anxiety? How do you get through it or what do you do instead? I know people say work out, but the truth is most of the time by the end of the day when my anxiety catches up with me I'm just too exhausted to workout again. I'm so sick of being on the brink of being under 200lbs because of two pounds I keep gaining and losing because of small junk food binges because I just can't deal with my life.
Closed Thread