Old 07-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #1  
2010ismyyear

S/C/G: 164/142/135

Height: 5' 4"

Unhappy Day 7 and I need help

Hi MRC friends,

I am on day 7 of the meta-slim plan. I started off with 28 pounds to lose to meet my goal of 135 (Haven't been here sine 8th grade). I lost 4.5 pounds in 2 days then nothing since. I am drinking 80+ oz of water a day, not cheating (even though I am dying to), and have exercise 4 of the 7 days. PLEASE tell me that this has happened to someone else and that it subsides. I can not fail or plateau at one more diet. Especially since this is in the first 10 days. Shouldn't I have lost more?? Tell me I have a friend out there like me!

I am 5' 4" and 159.5 now!

Help!!!
STEPHANIES36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #2  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

4.5 lbs in a week is fabulous! Many people hit a plateau after a week or two, it's completely normal. Remember they say 3-5 a week is average. 4.5 is right in there.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I'm copying this from a post of mine a couple of weeks ago:

I've posted before about a 10 day plateau. They might have given you some paperwork about that at you first session. Basically, your first 2 weeks are MOSTLY water weight loss because of the low-carb menu. Around that 7-10th day, your body starts holding onto water like crazy so your cells won't collapse. After a short plateau, you'll start losing pounds again. You ARE losing fat, it's just that those cells are filling with water. Hang in there and don't give up! So many people have posted the exact same question. You're not alone! It happened to me, too!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5

Hang in there with as much focus as you have had and you'll push right through it. You can do it!
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote