UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 06:03 AM   #1  

Default Is there a naughty corner?

I was a bad girl last night!

I had a whole tub of Raspberyy trifle to myself. Not a low fat one either. Actually the cream and custard were lovely but the rapsberries were too sweet. This was 650g worth of naughty-ness. I tried to look up the sin value in my SW 'bible' but only mentioned a somewhat smaller one with 45 sin values. AAARGH!
Old 10-04-2002, 08:33 AM   #2  

Yes come and sit with me in it I'm there most of the time.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:36 AM   #3  

I see you are a non drinker Peacock have you any tips on what to drink non alcoholic wise? Might sound strange question but I tend to drink alcohol at night.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:58 AM   #4  

Well in the rare occasions I do go out I mainly stick to diet coke because even fruit juice is slap-handy worthy. I tried to avoid drinking gassy things like coke but there you go. I do drink a low sugar or sugar free squash at home and I try my best to drink enough water but only really like it with loads of ice and a slice of lemon but am usually too lazy to do this.

I also like herbal teas. I got a lovely one with honey and vanilla in it. In the summer I make up a huge juge of fruity herbal tea and bung it in the fridge.

The rest of the time it is normal tea and coffee (not good for my blood pressure though!)
Old 10-04-2002, 09:04 AM   #5  

Veggie- Just a thought. Do you drink every night or go mad at weekends?

One idea might be to save up your points or sins (whatever diet you are on) to have a few drinks at weekends only. If you have mixers, as long as they are low cal I guess that is alright. Basically I think it is a good idea to make the drink as long as possible so you (hopefully) drink less. From what I do remember of alcoholic drinks wine is about 80 cals a glass (same as orange juice I think). This has the less calories of alcoholic drinks I think.

DOn't get me wrong, I shall be having a few cocktails at Christmas time cos my Brother is great with cocktails but because of the high BP I have to be careful and, as I am 13st 6 at moment, I do not want to waste calories/sins on booze (no...just trifle!).
Old 10-04-2002, 04:40 PM   #6  
Theres no stopping me now

Blackcurrent juice. Reduced sugar blackcurrent juice is much better than alcohol.

If I say it often enough I might start to believe it. I do like it but I enjoy a glass of wine of an evening. I am trying to drink more water and blackcurrent juice until the boys are in bed and then I crack open the diet coke. Am trying to cut down on the amount of fizzy juice I am drinking, but can only cut out one thing at time.

This will be my third "dry" night in a row, have just sent Ray out for the diet coke. Will be drinking at the wedding tomorrow, don't want to drink two nights in a row. I am turning over a new leaf or trying to, it's hard Veggie but we can do it.

I've spent most of the summer in the naughty corner too.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:10 AM   #7  

Default I have lost!

I am out of the naughty corner for this week!

I may well be back though later!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:37 PM   #8  
Phat Chick

The cold forced me into the naughty corner - it made me eat crisps, Pringles (the devil's invention ), Viennetta, sausage and chips, M&S trifles and fudge desserts
Closed Thread