Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Talking calorie counting is the best way :)

Ok, so I've posted in a few forums already. I'm new here and this is my diet of choice. I think calorie counting is the best way to lose weight. I mean don't you have to count calories on other diets, too? I don't know lol but I always thought it was the logical thing to do. I still eat some things that I want to but just not as much as I would have before lol. I know that's not the best way to diet but I just feel that I can't cut out the good foods because I'll eventually just quit (like I have before) That's one of the main reasons I wanted to join the site was to have some motivation and support. My family tries to help but it's hard to sit and watch them eat all the good stuff I use to eat and then hear them say "oh, this is good" and then look at me and be like "you're doing so well" lol I know they mean well but it's tough seeing people eat good food and I can't. My dad goes on walks with me so I don't have to go by myself. I have some family and friends support but they've seen me diet before. I can't wait to show them I'm serious this time. I'll need your help too!
smj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Yes, I agree. I lost 60 lbs doing calorie counting (usually with one cheat day or cheat meal a week). It's very difficult for me right now, because I don't eat ANY packaged foods anymore (all whole foods, which can be difficult to measure for exact calorie content), and have 3 children 3 and under. I'm just trying to fill up on salads/veggies and just avoid sugar and calorie-dense foods.

I totally agree with you, but for me, counting and measuring are just not practical at this point (wish it WAS, because I KNOW it works!), so I'm trying to search elsewhere for a more balanced approach, lol.

Best of luck to you!! You're going to do great!

Last edited by mom2mollie; 07-01-2010 at 05:40 PM.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I count calories too, tried everything but it comes back to calorie counting. I lost 90 pounds regained 35 now trying to loose that 35 pounds I regained. I am 57 years old and I am not giving up. I live in Texas too!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote