Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Should I be worried?

I'm afraid I'm going to have super loose skin.

I've lost about 50 lbs in the last 4 months, and within the next 6 months I hope to lose another 50 lbs. So it's a lot of weight to lose, and kind of rapid.

However, I'm newly 17, don't smoke, have never been pregnant, and have been overweight for only 6 years. I'm going to assume my family has average elasticity in our skin.

How much excess skin do you think I'll have? I know there's no way of knowing, but I'd like a guess so I at least have some kind of idea.
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There really is no way of knowing, the good thing is you are losing the weight while you are young. I recommend you look through the skin faqs
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...skin-faqs.html

Also, even if you lose another 50 lbs and have some excess skin, there is still a chance that it will tighten up some with time. Just keep doing what you are doing.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Unfortunately, there really is no way to know in advance. And even if someone could say "a lot" or "not much"...that's relative. I don't have much loose skin compared to some, but it's enough to make me feel really insecure about it, so.

You're young and healthy though, so your skin does have that advantage. Do you have any loose skin now? That could be a good indicator of things to come, how your skin has held up through this first 50 pound loss.

Either way, it's worth it and most of us have learned to deal with it.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Thank you, I'll give her a good readin', Nelie.

At this point I can't tell if it's loose skin or just fat hanging from me... lmao. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Thank you.

Btw, is it true that dairy is supposed to help? :/ Hm..

Last edited by Rhythm; 07-01-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/159/135

Height: 5'1"

weight training and skin brushing are the two main things I've read that help.
atreyyena is offline   Reply With Quote