Old 06-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Back Again

Sooo... I've been absent for a few months. And I totally went off my diet. Fortunately I continued to lose weight, but that was a result of stress more than anything. Now I'm prepared to start tracking my weight again, and hopefully lose it at a faster pace than I've been going. I started induction this morning -- And totally forgot how much it sucks! ;P Is anyone else in induction too?
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5.5

Smile

I am going to start induction in the morning. I hope I can stick with it! Good luck to you on your 2 wks or however long you plan to do it.
plusize2vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I already messed induction up. I just moved into a house with a fridge stocked with food, which is a luxury I've forgotten all about until now. [sigh]

I guess this means I'll be starting induction tomorrow morning with you. ;P
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

We have been doin induction for 6 weeks now.. We did hardcore for 2 weeks, and since we added almonds and a couple blueberries, but other than that we have been eating off the induction acceptable foods list.. I still have a hundred pounds to loose so I will on this phase for awhile!!
hairchick40v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Once you get into ketosis, things are so much easier. Hang in there!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm back too...

I've been off Atkins for a long, long time...but I haven't lost weight any other way. I've managed to continue to lose a little, but it hasn't been through a healthy diet and it's been sporadic. I'm sorry you feel your loss is due to stress, but give yourself credit...you didn't turn to eating your feelings and handling stress with food. So, yay, you!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Rhythm!
So great to see you again!

When I used Atkins to lose my pregnancy weight (3 times) over 20 years ago.....I was able to keep it off for many years until I was put on medication in 2005 and gained 60 lbs. from it (which I have now lost, thanks to Atkins!). But during the maintenance phase, I did have a bit of difficulty figuring out just WHAT I could eat and which things I still had to avoid in order to not stir up cravings.
Induction is such an organized and strict way of eating and it's very easy to remain regimented on it.....and it can feel like a kid let loose in a candy store when you go on maintenance. To me, induction was very comforting....I knew exactly what to eat and what not to eat....so simple.

What really helped me during maintenance (and is helping me now) is that I made this rule for myself: If I gain 5 lbs., I have to go back on induction and lose it/I cannot gain more than 5 lbs. without dieting it off. It really, really helped me....gave me some structure/rules back again. It was much less stressful to know that I would not careen out of control....much less fear and apprehension.....because it can take a bit of time to learn what new foods work well for you and which ones to avoid....but during this trial and error phase, things could get out of control before you know it. But this rule really worked and I was successful for many years with it.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ryhthm

I started Induction last Friday I think it was and just had a real struggle getting 100%. Everyday I would start over. I finally made it through day 1 yesterday. I don't use the ketostix because they never worked for me in the past, but I know from my breath and the fact that I never got hungry yesterday that it is working for me.

I am doing Atkins to get diabetes under control and kind of played around those few days from Friday to Sunday to see how other plans and foods effected my BS. Sunday afternoon after eating carbs and testing and feeling like crap, I knew that I had to do Induction. I didn't wait until Monday; I started with my next snack eating Induction and have been on it since then. So don't look at the day as lost. You can finish the day OP. Look at it as a progress in work. I just read in Atkins book that we have to realize that it isn't blowing it because that makes it feel like failures... it is about working with our body by getting into ketosis. Like Torister said... once you get into ketosis it gets easier. So just hang in there. You can do it.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote