Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default I saw a commercial about a drink that burns more calories.....

Who knows if it actually will, but I forget what it was called, and wanted to read more about it. The commercial made it look like you drink it before a workout to burn more calories. Has anyone else ever seen this commercial, or tried it? What were your thoughts on it, or thoughts on it without trying it? Anyone know what this product is called?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

There are probably several that fit this catagory. The diet industry thrives on those.

The one that comes to my mind first is Celcius. Its been out for a few years now and they tote is as having the ability to burn more calories.

Just remember, most of those are alot of hype. They contain high doeses caffeine and sometimes some other items that are not regulated by the FDA and they cannot totally prove their claims. It might boost your metabolisim and instead of buring 100 calories you'll burn 105. Yeah, it might be minutely more calories, but is it worth the cost of the drink?
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The only place you will lose weight is in your wallet ! Don't fall for these false claims !

Last edited by bargoo; 06-28-2010 at 09:30 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I've seen a commercial like that recently, and I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I did think it sounded cool, so I paid a little more attention the 2nd time I saw the commercial. At the bottom of the TV screen it said, "Results may vary, for best results use in combination with a low calorie diet and excercise plan"...(or something along those lines.) I would guess that anyone would lose weight with or without the drink on a low calorie diet and excercise plan.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I took a suppliment called burn60 (pill not a drink) on a friend's recommendation. It was supposed to increase your calories burned and she had used it when she lost weight. The pill made my heart race and I'd get so dizzy I had to stop my workout. So, of course, I don't recommend it. As was mentioned above, waste of money!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 06-28-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #6  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
The only place you will lose weight is in your wallet ! Don't fall fr these false claims !
I have to 2nd this! There is no magic supplement or drink, those drinks are usually full of ingredients that are both heart racers and engineered, I don't think there is anything natural about them.
koceank29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #7  
Happy Member

When that "magickal pill" is finally invented that will enable you to lose weight while eating everything you want to eat, I'm sure the grand news will be trumpeted from the housetops and heard around the world!!!

And I am sure it will be invented, probably in another hundred years or so, too late to do me any good.

However in the meanwhile we must just stick to that old familiar formula of "eating less and exercising more!"
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Certain foods also supposedly rev your metabolism. Peppers, cinnamon, etc. And my guess is, yeah, probably does... about .00001%.... which would amount to around 2-3 calories. And I have learned when it comes to diet & weight loss, NEVER believe ANY HYPE about ANY product. If it TRULY works, word of mouth will spread faster than any commercial, billboard, or app you can get. Truth!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote