Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

Talking Couch to 5k?

Has anyone done this? Or does anyone want to do it with me? I'm starting tomorrow (monday) but if you want to join you can at anytime, just so as we can do it with a little support of each other? I don't mind doing it by myself just thought it would be nice to have others doing it with me... anyways here's how it goes...

Week One:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
Friday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Week Two:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
Friday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Week Three:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then do two repetitions of the following: Jog for 90 seconds, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for three minutes
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then do two repetitions of the following: Jog for 90 seconds, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for three minutes
Friday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then do two repetitions of the following: Jog for 90 seconds, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for three minutes

Week Four:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 5 minutes, Walk for 2 ½ minutes, Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 5 minutes.
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 5 minutes, Walk for 2 ½ minutes, Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 5 minutes.
Thursday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 5 minutes, Walk for 2 ½ minutes, Jog for 3 minutes, Walk for 90 seconds, Jog for 5 minutes.

Week Five:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 5 minutes, Walk for 3 minutes, Jog for 5 minutes, Walk for 3 minutes, Jog for 5 minutes.
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 8 minutes, Walk for 5 minutes, Jog for 8 minutes.
Friday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 20 minutes.

Week Six:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 5 minutes, Walk for 3 minutes, Jog for 8 minutes, Walk for 3 minutes, Jog for 5 minutes.
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 10 minutes, Walk for 3 minutes, Jog for 10 minutes.
Friday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 25 minutes.

Week Seven:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 25 minutes.
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 25 minutes.
Friday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 25 minutes.

Week Eight:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 28 minutes.
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 28 minutes.
Friday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 28 minutes.

Week Nine:

Monday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 30 minutes.
Wednesday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 30 minutes.
Friday: Brisk five-minute warm up walk, then: Jog for 30 minutes.

You if you don't want to post here you are all welcome to PM me if you want to join
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #2  

Bump
Old 06-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #3  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hey! I just finished week three last night, it was awesome! Definitely a doable program, I think. Over in the "Chicks Up For A Challenge" subforum, we have a pretty great support thread going if you're interested! You can find it here!

Good luck! You can totally do this!!!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #4  

Awww thank you!!!! I'll check it out now
Old 06-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #5  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

hi, i saw in another thread that you're starting this tomorrow, and so am i. are you going to post here or in that other thread that was mentioned above? just let me know and i'll come back and post tomorrow.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:48 AM   #6  

I think the other thread coz theres a lot more people to be supportive and all, it's great you're joining I missed my jog this morning woke up late but I'ma start when I get home around noon