Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Unhappy It's so easy to say at the end of the night that "it's the last time"

Have you ever noticed that you are all motivated to not binge or eat bad in the morning, then you SUCK during the day and late and night when you pig out? and THEN right before bed when you are so full and ashamed, it's so easy to say, "tomorrow will be the day! i'll be good tomorrow!!"

happens to me every single night.
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Been there, it's tough. You really just have to dedicate to following through. It is the last time. Maybe put some visual reminders around, like a list of your top 10 reasons for losing weight. Practice positive self talk. Instead of thinking "man I want that [insert bad food]" think "I'll look so hot it I eat [insert healthy food that you're not likely to binge on]."

I just talked myself down from some doughnuts about 30 min ago. It was a very near disaster! You have to see around the tricks you play on yourself. I almost convinced myself I could have just one doughnut. But it really would have been more like 4+, and when I realized that, I knew how bad I would feel after.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 06-24-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #3  

Dealing with that right now
But I haven't done anything bad, so I'm glad I saw this thread!
Gonna go drink some water and find my chewing gum!
Good luck hun, I'm sort of new to this so no advice but what I've written!
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

It has happened to me, and when i realized the issue- I like to stay up late and get the munchies late at night. Now i make my menu so that I am eating in the evening, and its still on my plan and okay. Some people don't agree with eating late but I also stay up late.

Hang in there- you can do it!
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Another suggestion I've heard for those who struggle with keeping calories/points/etc down in the evening is to change your "day." Meaning, instead from tracking from when you wake up until you go to bed, try tracking from 5pm today until 4:59pm tommorrow. That way your evening is the start of your "tracking day" and it can help you budget better.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #6  
Healthy Chick in Training

S/C/G: 243.8/ticker/179

Height: 5.3

I agree with Ashley! I am a WWer. I start my day at dinner and end my day 24 hours later. It's easier for me to skimp on breakfast and lunch if I had a lot of late night snacks that way.

Also! I am not a gum chewer. I have the whitest teeth on earth because every time I have an urge to nosh, I brush. I get naked, look at myself in the mirror, step on the scale and brush. By that time I am totally grossed out and anything I eat tastes EWWWWW so it's easier not to eat.

Sounds funny? It is, but it works.

Last edited by jennett; 06-26-2010 at 10:50 PM.
jennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

I am a saint at work, then wreck it at home most evenings.....I need to start by keeping the junk out of the house!
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Height: 5'6"

I find that I'm that way about everything in the evening. I feel like I can conquer the world after 8 pm! Then, I go to sleep and wake forgetting what all I promised to do the night before!
TexasHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

It's so easy to say 'tomorrow I'll do better' since from the sounds of it a lot of are fine during the day, so we sort of will be better, at least until the evening again... I found the best way I could combat that is if I started to binge, I'd (try to) stop myself before I'd eaten everything. Basically resolving to change in that instance, instead of tomorrow/later/post binge or whatever. I found that also gave me perspective of it like... Yes I would have still binged but there's a difference between 500 calories and 2000+.
That helps me feel more in control again anyway
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #10  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I am the exact same way. At night, I don't seem to care if I'm on plan or not. I tell myself that it doesn't matter and I can start in the morning. One thing that seems to work is promising myself I can binge if I want in the morning. I try to procrastinate my binge. And that helps.

Another thing that helps is going to bed earlier. At night, sometimes all I am doing is obsessing about food. So I go to bed. Or I log in 3FC and read the forums- hearing about other people's struggles helps a lot.

Last edited by motivated chickie; 06-29-2010 at 09:29 AM.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #11  

yeah! i feel like we all feel like we are in so deep, so that's why we always start "tomorrow." but if we convince ourselves that we are getting somewhere, we will want to start with our next bite!

neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165 / 143 / 110

Height: 5.5

i just did so a few seconds ago. sigh.
iyliaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 325/325/190

Height: 5'9"

I, too, binge like crazy late at night. Like just now, the only reason I ate carrots instead of brownies is because we haven't gone to the grocery store this week. It's sooo hard. I'm new here, but I have a feeling that this forum will help a lot. Give me something for my mind and fingers to do to distract my mouth.
alisonlerae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/193/160

Height: 68 inches

Default I used to say that too

I have had periods of binge eating, and I also go through periods where I am a little anorexic, and I can't eat. But the thing that has really helped me is to know that I am not perfect, that I am not going to be able to stop binging occasionally, and when it happens, I have to pick myself up, eat a salad the next day (after my binges I tend to go veggie crazy) and remind myself that it is not the end of the world, I can be strong, I just had a bad day.

Even if there are more days when I miss than hit my goals, I remind myself of the days when I did, and the accomplishment is comforting. Oh yeah, and eat something in the morning, and at lunch otherwise you are almost guaranteeing that you will binge at some point during the day, eat too much food and feel crappy about it. If I binge at night before be, I tend to not be hungry in the morning, and then I am starving by lunch and the cycle continues. Normal eating habits are the best way to feel good, and strong.

Don't give up.
little larue is offline   Reply With Quote