Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default Just the basics, please!

I don't know who she is, but I really liked this so thought I'd share!

Best Way to Lose Weight
by Anne Collins

I'm convinced that there is no "correct" way to diet or achieve long term weight loss. It's a case of "different strokes for different folks". So if you are comfortable with a low-carb plan, that's fine. Or if you prefer a more balanced eating plan, that's fine too. As long as you eat healthy foods and get physically active, the extra weight is gonna disappear!

Many dieters know exactly what they need to eat in order to lose weight. They also know about the importance of regular exercise. Trouble is, after months or years of failing to achieve their weight loss goals, they feel their chances of losing weight are close to zero. This is why support and motivation are so important.

How to Start Losing Weight

* First, forget everything that has happened so far. Forget about your dieting failures, forget about any recent weight gain you might have experienced, forget about your fat tummy or thighs and give yourself a clean sheet. I know this is easier said than done, but it's very important if you want to lose weight and take back control of your life.

* Second, stop trying to be the "perfect dieter". No one is perfect when it comes to dieting and losing weight - not me, not you - no one! So you are going to make mistakes. You may crash in the first week. You may go on a huge eating binge in the second week. You may not do a single minute of physical exercise in week 3. It doesn't matter. Why not? Because when (not if) these things happen, you are gonna start over. And eventually you will get it right and achieve all your weight loss goals.

* Third, don't "wait" to have a bad day or bad week on your diet. Instead, you are gonna plan for it. You are going to assume that your weight loss program goes up in smoke and you are going to have an "action-plan" to help you recover and start losing weight again. So sit down and plan what to do.

Maybe arrange to phone a close friend for support. Or decide to take a long walk. Or clean out your garden shed. It doesn't matter what you choose, as long as you have a program of action organized. Because when your diet plan flies out the window, you are gonna feel REAL guilty and start eating lots of calories. By having a specific plan to fall back on, you will overcome your temporary dieting problem and return to your weight loss plan.

* Fourth, stop thinking that dieting is a pain in the butt. The truth is, a healthy weight loss diet is not boring, or painful or uncomfortable. It is your passport to a new life. It is going to open up wonderful opportunities for you. The only thing that is boring, painful and uncomfortable is staying overweight. But you are gonna change all this. You are going to follow a healthy diet and lose weight and enjoy every moment.

Above all, start believing that you can reduce weight. Don't forget - achieving starts with believing. So no matter how overweight you are, or how unfit you are, start believing in your ability to get rid of all your excess fat and start over on a brand new life.

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #2  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Awesome!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for sharing
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
The truth is, a healthy weight loss diet is not boring, or painful or uncomfortable. It is your passport to a new life. It is going to open up wonderful opportunities for you. The only thing that is boring, painful and uncomfortable is staying overweight
^^^^ I LOVE THIS!!!! ^^^^
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #5  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Little gems of wisdom in each paragraph! Thanks for sharing.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 AM   #6  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Amen! It's great to remind myself of the very basics sometimes
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

Thanks for posting!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I like this one .... First, forget everything that has happened so far. Forget about your dieting failures ....

In all the years I've been at 3FC, I cannot recall one instance of it making any difference what you did when you were 18 or 15 or 31 or 42. It really doesn't make much difference what you did yesterday. It hardly matters what you had for breakfast today.
You can be healthier from this moment on.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote