Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

Default how much walking?

ok so i have roughly 60 pounds to lose but i also tore the lateral ligament in my knee months ago and its fine for walking but its to weak for jumpling around and stuff, i did see my doctor and she just told me that it would always be weak and that loseing weight would help it heal faster, but of course she didnt tell me how lol. so what im wanting to know is if i can only walk how much do i need to walk a day to lose about 10 pounds a month if i eat 1200 (good)calories a day? i have a treadlill collecting spider webs lol
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

not sure for the walking but you could also try water arobics and swimming! pretty easy on the joints!
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I walk three miles a day and I actually have no idea if that's a good amount or really weak of me? Lol. All I know is it pushes me, I'm sweaty and tired when I get done and I'm still losing.

I guess it really just depends on how far you CAN walk without overexerting yourself.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I walk at least 1.5 miles a day at lunch. The past five months I've been consistent and lost what is now an average of 1 lb a week

Be careful about going down to 1200 calories if you plan on doing a lot of walking. You might find it's best if you are going to do a lot of walking to aim for something slightly higher like 1400 calories a day.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Start walking at whatever time you feel comfortable with, 15 mins is good if you can only do that, then add 5 mins/week for up to 45-60 mins... When you get bored with that do some hills or intervals of 1 min of walking and 1 min of faster walking.... 1200 calories is kind of low, start at 1500 and see how that works. If you don't lose weight then take out 200 cals for a week and see how that goes...

I do think that your doctor should refer you to a physio therapist to help strengthen the ligaments and muscles around the knee...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote