Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:59 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default *** October Featherwights ***

Getting it started, back in a minute....
Old 09-30-2002, 11:12 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Dang, I guess I should have let someone else start the tread since I obviously can't spell.

Carree: Don't you just love the puppies? I would like to get another dog, but DH says 3 is enough, and I have to admit he is right.

Kat, Ruth, where are you guys?

I am starting WW today. I went to eBay and bought the whole set of stuff, including a points finder, and then I went to dwlz.com and printed out all the restaurant points pages that I will use. (She has 321 different restaurants available!) Anyway, wish me luck! I went to a family reunion this past weekend, and I do believe I was the biggest one there. I was also the proudest when it came time to show off the new granddaughters. Those twins are growing like crazy...

Have a good day!
Jana
Old 10-01-2002, 08:05 PM   #3  

Hey Jana,

Well, I've been so busy with school that I've been neglecting everything else in my life. The house is a mess, and needless to say, I'm not following any kind of weight loss program at the moment. I'm totally stressed, but I'll survive.

How old are the grandbabies now? They grow so fast!!

Good luck on the weight watchers. It is a great program. It will definitely work, as long as you stick with it. That seems to be my problem, I never seem to stick with anything.

Talk to you later,

Ruth
Old 10-04-2002, 08:03 AM   #4  
living 1 day at a time

Hey all, I am new here. I have been trying to change my family's way of eating and are exercise habits and having various levels of success. My oldest daughter is having the best luck, but she skips 2 meals a day. I am worried that she will just gain all the weight right back. My two youngest are basically indifferent to what I am doing. My son, who needs the most help, just won't stick to any kind of limitations that I try to place on him. He has discovered basketball and plays all he can, but he eats way too much. Me, well, I have my ups and downs. But I guess that's what this site is about. By the way, I work in my family bakery, so I have an extra hurdle to overcome. Oh well, it could be worse. I could work in the family nuclear plant. lol.
morningglory
Old 10-04-2002, 09:10 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Morningglory - Welcome to the Featherweights! I am from Indiana too! Where 'bouts are you in the state? What kind of weight loss program are you doing? You are so welcome here - post often!

Ruth - Here's a big group hug for you! Promise me you'll take some time just for yourself today - even a 10 minute soak in the tub. The babies are 3 1/2 months old now, and are so sweet, thanks for asking.

WW and I are doing just great! I am staying within my points range and plan ahead each night for the next day. I don't have any trouble getting the water down, but I haven't been exercising enough to count yet. Two outta three ain't bad, right?
Carree, Kat - where are you guys????

Have a good day!
Jana
Old 10-04-2002, 09:28 PM   #6  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang!
Welome Morningglory.

I've been straight out with the return to classes.
I may not be losing weight (I'm stuck at 210-ish)but I am being great about logging everything I eat and all my exercize though. I got a Palm and put diet/exercize software on it and that seems to be what I needed to log again.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:23 AM   #7  
Fit and Feisty

Default Welcome Morningglory!

Morningglory, my advice to you would be just to take care of yourself and your own needs. You will set a very powerful example just be doing what you are doing. Action speaks louder than words. As for your children....encourage and praise the positive....

Kat, so good to see you back.

Hi Ruth and Jana! Hope everything is going well with you.

Love,
carree
Old 10-06-2002, 04:38 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi Everyone!

Kat - How's it going with the Palm Pilot? I think those are pretty cool to have; I wish I had one....

Carree - How's everything going for you?

After my 1st week on WW I have lost an even 5 pounds. I really, really like this program and wish I had done it sooner. I got all my stuff from eBay and do it at home. We had a family reunion (my side of the family, this time) today, and it was not hard to determine what I would eat ahead of time.

Not much else going on - hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Jana
Old 10-17-2002, 07:13 PM   #9  
Fit and Feisty

Default Hey, where is everyone?

We've been bumped to the third page 'cause no one is posting!

Come on gang! How is everyone?

Love,
carree
Old 10-18-2002, 11:20 AM   #10  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I've been utterly swamped with classwork. In addition to oodles of projects being due, I've had mid-terms. The good news is that so far I'm still on track for a 4.0, but the bad news is that my weight is out of control. I've been binging from stress, not feeling good about that, and am now at my all time highest weight...214.

I did get a pedometer and have been walking, but with my eating out of control it doesn't help much. I'm due back for a check-up at the Dr.s, but haven't wanted to go until I was down to the weight I was at when I last saw her. On other fronts things are going well though, so I do count my blessings.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 10-20-2002, 11:18 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Just have a minute to say hi, and report in. After 3 wks on WW I am down 12 1/2 pounds. I messed up this weekend somewhat, but have already gotten right back on track.

Kat - way to go on the 4.0!!!

Carree - how're things in your life?

Ruth & Morningglory - wherefore art thou?

Mil is in the nursing home now, and I am dealing with the emotions of that. We were hoping to keep her home til after Thankgiving, but it didn't work out that way.

Gotta run.
Jana
Closed Thread