Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #1  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Default Breast issues after weight loss

So I'm nearly at my target weight, and lately, I've noticed that my breasts are not looking quite so awesome as they did when I was overweight. They can only be described as somewhat saggy, and I really, really, really don't like them.

They're fine when encased in a bra or shoved in my swimming costume, but the plain fact is they do not look good. When I was bigger, I could happily go bra-less in a halter top or swimsuit and not have too much of an issue, but now I just can't. They need to be stuffed away for convenience's sake and also so I'm comfortable.

I'm very conscious of them - sure, on paper they're an awesome size that most women would pay for (30GG), but try living with them. They are incredibly inconvenient and at times I get very depressed with them and I hate catching sight of myself in the mirror after a bath because it does make me cry. Bra-less, they are almost down to my waist and I'm not even 30. Those are the kind of breasts I associate with old ladies.

Has anyone else's boobs gone from super to saggy? If so, how did you deal with it? I am considering surgery but am worried that people will think I'm only doing it for vanity reasons - it's more for practicality as a UK size 10 frame should not be carrying a pair of puppies this size!

Thanks for any responses xx
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I'm going through that right now. I even have loose belly skin, loose arm skin, loose upper thigh skin, the works. My doctor told me to give my body a year to adjust to its new size. We hope the elasticity will tighten somewhat as long as I keep staying active. I've had to buy more expensive bras though, only because I can say they look "pretty'' in the bra, and I hope I won't be having to take it off for anyone! I avoid the mirror naked ALL THE TIME! But in clothes, I do become a little vain. Mind over matter. I was at 250, with a really BIG chest you can imagine. Now I'm a 34 DD. I feel like they look like deflated balloons sometimes, but I think I'll take these current boobs and my current weight, instead of my old boobs and my old weight.

Hope that helped a little. You aren't alone!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I think you’ll find that a lot of ladies have had this issue, myself included.

I went from a DDD to a D. Still considered pretty “big”, but the weight loss has pretty much ruined them in my opinion. They are saggy, there is some extra skin, they are droopy. They are not at all the boobs I had 50 pounds ago. I miss those boobs. I also hate to catch a glimpse of them in the mirror and the first time anyone else saw them, I actually CRIED. I know, that sounds so silly, but I feel like, waaaay less sexy than I did before.

I don’t have any real advice…just wanted you to know you’re not alone. Thank god for push up bras and low lighting…..
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

I still have a long ways to go losing weight but I'm already hating my boobs, I too hate seeing them in the mirror after a shower. I'm planning and saving for surgery when I'm done and at maintanance for a year. Don't care what anyone else thinks about natural or enhanced boobs. All that matters is why makes you happy and comfortable. There's two ways to look at it: 1) you worked Hard to look and feel good. After everything you've done for yourself it's your choice if you want the image you were working for. Or 2) you accomplished a lot by getting to the weight you wanted and you should be super proud of yourself and it doesn't really matter how thy look. You can still be happy with what you've done
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I went from a 38D to a 32C...and I should be a B cup but can't fit all the gross skin into one so have to go a cup bigger. I hate them. I CRIED in the Victoria's Secret dressing room once I realized I still couldn't shop in that store (full coverage 32C bras don't exist apparently, in store). And I can't buy bras at cheaper department stores either - no 32Cs. In fact, it's harder for me to shop NOW, needing to hide my loose skin, than it was when I was bigger. I hate shopping now.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #6  
Workin' It

Mindi - try Frederick's of Hollywood for bras - they have a lot of full coverage bras available that are really pretty and they carry them in store.

I lost all of my boob and was left with what looked like mostly empty ziploc baggies of goop on my chest. I did get breast implants and I feel great. Totally love my look. I was at the point where I cried every time I put on a nightgown or tried on shirts. I totally did it for vanity, and have no problem with that.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Shannon in ATL - who cares what anybody thinks about vanity reasons! Whatever makes YOU happy is what counts.

~BreathingSpace~
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote