Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey Robin - when is your daughter's wedding?

I forgot when you said it was - I am waiting for reports of how you looked in your lovely lovely dress. And how great the wedding was too, of course.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh my gosh, you sweetie. Thank you for asking.

The wedding was on Memorial day and it was everything I'd hoped for and more.I thought I would be an emotional, nervous, crying wreck, but no, I was having too much fun and didn't shed one tear.

It was wonderful, many times I thought to myself how grateful I was to no longer be super morbidly obese. I kept thinking how miserable the night would have been, even though it was such a happy occasion. I floated all night. Walked with ease, danced non stop, just non stop and had an outrageous time.

Oh and I got a million, trillion compliments. I can't begin to tell you how many people said that I looked like one of my daughters instead of the mom. Got several "didn't anyone ever tell you you're not supposed to look better than the bride?" comments, but they were just being nice and umm, men..

What a great time it's been.

I'm in the middle of repeating the whole process as daughter number two gets married in 7 weeks. It's been quite a scramble and there is no way in the world I could have pulled it off at my former weight.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-19-2010 at 09:05 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #3  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Congratulations!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #4  

That is excellent news! It sounds like a wonderful event - I adore weddings! I knew you were going to be a total knock out in that beautiful dress. Are you wearing something different to D2's wedding?

How was the cake! I loooove wedding cake I swear, wedding cakes, wedding dresses and wedding flowers might be my trifecta of favorite things.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
That is excellent news! It sounds like a wonderful event - I adore weddings! I knew you were going to be a total knock out in that beautiful dress. Are you wearing something different to D2's wedding?

How was the cake! I loooove wedding cake I swear, wedding cakes, wedding dresses and wedding flowers might be my trifecta of favorite things.
Yes, I'm wearing something different to wedding number 2. I wanted the two dresses to be and look different. I'm making it my mission to have two completely dissimilar weddings. I wore my hair up for wedding number 1, for wedding number two, it will be down. The problem with finding a totally different type dress for the second wedding, is that I tend to go for the same style, so everything I kept picking out was very similar to gown number one - until I hit upon this EXTREMELY fitted, totally unforgiving, GORGEOUS sheath dress, very understated and majorly elegant. LOVED it and ordered it. Got a phone call about 2 weeks later saying it was no longer being made. I can't tell you how disappointed I was and so upset. Had to start looking all over again and finally, being pressed for time, just settled for something I like, but don't love . Oh well.

The wedding cake was chocolate with a raspberry sauce filling and whipped cream and yes I had some - a 1/2 of a piece. The flowers were really exquisite and we got lots of compliments on them. My daughter wanted COLOR and color she got. Fuchsia, green, purples, orange - very sharp, beautiful. Even her bouquet was made up of these colors, no typical white or soft pink for her.

As stressful (& costly) as it's been with the two weddings, it's kinda nice that we get to repeat the process (& enjoyment) so quickly.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-19-2010 at 06:55 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

We are ehading to a wedding tonight. DS & I are going to another one in DC next Sat, his godparents eldest son. I love weddings and appreciate the planning the family has done. DH&I celebrated our 29th annivesary 6/13. I don't know if I am having cake yet or not- tomorrow is Father's Day.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #7  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Many congrats to you Robin
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #8  

Hey Robin - the flowers sound particularly beautiful, I love those kinds of bouquets!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #9  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

It sounds like it was a lovely wedding, Robin! Good luck on DD2's coming up!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote