Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 04:48 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #52~

Here you go Candice

Just woke up because Bill is getting ready to leave for Texas. He came home YESTERDAY and is leaving today. Should be home Wed. or Thursday, HOPEFULLY. I really miss "him"....he's not himself when he's traveling like this....too much stress and he's jet lagged. Oh well, life goes on.

Here's the link to Jackie's Homecoming dance pictures. When you get there, click on the ALBUM and then SLIDESHOW option and you wont have to click on anything else.....it will do everything for you. Geeeez, I wish she would stand up straight.
Hugs,
Pamela

http://www.picturetrail.com/resler41

Last edited by PJ; 09-30-2002 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:21 AM   #2  

Hi Everyone,

I will try to go back and catch up on the last thread when I get a chance. This is day #4 of not smoking for me, having a hard time with it and eating a bit too much. I walked 3miles on both Sat and Sun so hopefully that will offset it. I guess I really need to rejoin ww again, I am not doing well on my own.

I hope you are all doing well.

Bren
Old 09-30-2002, 07:32 AM   #3  

PJ:

Loved the picturetrail. Where are you?

Freddie
Old 09-30-2002, 08:51 AM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi Freddie - I'm right here. Had to take Billy to school a bit late today. He's really lost his appetite due to his Ritalin medication and Bill and I are really getting worried now. I have an appt. with his pedictrician today and hopefully he'll have some answers for me. It DOES have that side affect for many children but never really bothered Billy until now. He's always been on the thin side but now he's REALLY starting to show it. His father was traveling for about 2 weeks and when he got back yesterday....he was shocked. NOW THAT SCARED ME!!! Naturally, I've noticed his losing weight but when Bill said it and how worried he was...that was it. So...off to the doctor it is. Wish us luck. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures Freddie.
I'm not feeling so hot today. Bill was here one lousy day and left today for Houston, Texas. He really hates this traveling....and when it rains, it pours. Either he's working here for along stretch of time or he's traveling alot all at once. ahhhhh!!!! Anyway, just have to live with it. How have YOU been feeling and did you get any of your results back? Let me know.

Brenda - You and I are on the same boat! I'm trying to quit the butts also but to no avail. A pack will last me a couple or days but I used to be able to go a month or so without smoking, now ...... forget about it!!!!!!! I'd go nuts. As for WW.....I think you're right.....we BOTH need to rejoin. I haven't gone to a meeting in a couple of years and obviously.......I'm not able to do it "at home" anymore. Let me know if you want to rejoin and we'll do it together on the same day and time if possible and if it's an idea you would like to go along with. If not, I understand.....with your job and all......I don't know how you do it. I give you alot of credit. By the way, how goes the job and are you still enjoying it as much as you used to? I'd love to hear from you and if you're aloud to receive phone calls at work/on your break....whatever.....email it to me and maybe we can talk eachother into staying OP today. IT'S MONDAY!!!!! A chance to make a fresh start.

"See" you all later,
Old 10-01-2002, 06:39 PM   #5  

Well I've been walking It's about time huh?!? Yesterday and today I walked 30 minutes and hopefully the rest of the week I'll do the same! I ate real low points today so I should be fine. I'm kinda proud of myself that I ate low points and I wasnt starving! There are some days that I happen to keep myself more busy than others and those other days I tend to eat more points Hope everyone else is doing well. Talk to you all soon.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:01 AM   #6  

Thanks PJ for the new thread!

That must be the pits with Bill gone all the time..hope Little Billy gets his appetite back....Hummmm..maybe you and Bren should take his meds! some days I cannot fill up and others I cannot eat very much guess it all balances out in time.

Freddie...why are you up so late..that is natural for me

Deadfish....Walking..sounds good to me...I have been too.

Last edited by Candicej; 10-03-2002 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:59 AM   #7  
SLF

Hi everyone....

Just a quick note since I'm only home a short while. It's amazing how I thought I'd have some extra time once the kids went back to school. I feel like my days are even busier.

So far since I"ve rejoined WW, it has been going okay. (Not great, but not too bad). I last 3.2 lbs the first week, and have stayed the same the last 2 weeks. It seems like it does this a lot for me. I'll have a really good week, and then the body seems to need to catch up a little. The hard part is just not getting discouraged.

Just wanted to post a quick note that some good friends of our family really could use your prayers. They have been close friends of ours since graduate school. We all lived in Los Angeles for several years after graduating, and then both ended up moving to the Chicago area. Our family has since moved twice since then, but still we keep in touch. We try to get together every 2 months or so. Anyway, to make a long story short, their 12 year old son was diagnosed with a brain tumor the end of September. He will be having surgery the in about 1 1/2 weeks to see how much of it they can remove. Of course the family is quite upset and scared, but they are holding up pretty well considering. Things like this really teach us to appreciate and be thankful for what we have.

Brenda...good luck on quitting the smoking. I couldn't even imagine how hard that can be.

PJ..How did Billy's Dr appointment go? Hope things settle down for Bill and his traveling soon. I'll give you a call when I get a chance. It was great talking to you a couple of weeks ago. We really need to do that more often.

Have a good day everyone.

Susan
Old 10-03-2002, 01:21 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Default Knock, knock knock...

May I come in? I've been lurking here for a little while, and since you all seem so friendly, I wonder if you would mind if I join in? It is hard to find a group that is not TOO big that also posts regularly.

I had lost weight with the 3fc and put it (plus some!) back on. Just this week I began doing ww at home, and like it so far. I dicovered Skinny Cows...yum! I need to lose a lot of weight - close to 100 pounds, but try to think of it in 5# increments.

Personally, I am married, have 2 grown kids and 1 still at home, and 2 new twin granddaughters. I take care of my mil who has Alzheimer's. She lives with us, and it is a challenge, but she does go to a center 4 days a week, which helps tremendously.

See ya,
Jana
Old 10-04-2002, 08:48 AM   #9  

Welcome to the group Jana. It's a great group to be with. Congrats on starting WW again. I did too back in June and have lost 17lbs so far. I've been up and down especially when i was on vacation. But you will definately get the support and lots of tips from us when needed. Just stay around whether you are lurking or posting! Glad to have you!

I've walked everyday this week except wednesday and I plan on walking today too. I can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow morning because I have a good feeling! Well I must head out. Gotta go to work. Hope everyone has a great day and if I dont "see" you, have a great weekend too!

Erica
Old 10-05-2002, 08:39 AM   #10  

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've lost 3 more lbs and the total is now 20lbs How excited am I!?! I've never lost that much before. The most I've ever lost was 10lbs before I always quit.

Things arent going to great...I believe Jeff has started to feel quite depressed lately since he lost his job back in August and now he's beginning to struggle. He's gone to unemployment and it takes them god knows how long to get the money rolling in to him. It's a struggle and I just don't know how I can help. He's got a few more days left before he will be going to take a test for the police academy, but right now, I just dont think he has the time to wait around any longer. I feel terrbily for him and unfortunately I really can't help him out financially. Wish that I could. OH!!!! I just had to let it out. Telling someone helps me just a bit cause it's starting to make me upset as well.

Anyways, hopefully the day will get better...

Hope everyone has a good day/weekend!
Old 10-05-2002, 03:59 PM   #11  
SLF

Hi everyone...

Welcome Jana...we hope that we can be of help and support here. I've always found everyone to be very nice and this has always been a helpful group.

Erica...congrats on your weight loss. It can be hard sticking with it. I always seem to give up after a certain point also. I sure hope that Jeff does well with the Police Academy test and finds something to help. We've been fortunate not to face unemployment in my family, although it must be so hard not being able to help.

Well, off to tumbling again. I've been getting quite a bit of work done on Christmas crafts while sitting on my daughter's tumbling classes. My husband and son went to the Cardinal playoff game today, so it is just Emily and myself. It's nice just having one-on-one time with my kids.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Susan
Old 10-05-2002, 08:31 PM   #12  

Angry newbie

hi nightowls! i am new again! i used to come to 3fc a lot and then i have been offline for a year or so. i have also been off and on "healthy eating" for as long. i was a ww member for most of 2000 and then i switched shifts at work and i couldn't find a convenient meeting to go to. i have maintained my successfull 22lb loss from that year and i am ready to try again. i work 2nd shift which truly makes me a nite owl. i get online usually around midnite or so after work.

anyhow, i would like to join your forum. i have a question to start with and would appreciate any idea and suggestions. my problem is my eating times with the shift i work. i have always been a breakfast eater when i worked days. now i find i am not hungry when i get up (around noon). i eat at my 5 and 7 o'clock break and then when i get home at 11:30 i feel i am starved. so naturally i head to the refrigerator. i know its not good to eat and go to bed and i feel it too. when i get up i feel overfull. any ideas to curb the problem? i am not exercising much right now. just short walks with the dog, that i plan to expand on monday.

have a great weekend!
Old 10-06-2002, 04:51 AM   #13  

Welcome Corning cat and Jana!

Susan...Christmas crafts..do you make al your gifts???? Are you all settled in from you move?

Erica......great job..20 pounds gone Hope Jeff gets to feeling better......Hugs

Jana..my mom has alzheimers too, she lives with my brother and I am too far too help out. Please sahre anything with me you like I know how stressful it can be!

corningkat...I to am a night person and I sleep untill late in the day most days. Ic annot eat when I first get up but always force myself to have a v-8 and then a piece of fruit maybe some protien and then eat supper with DH and then snack all evening, (but stay within points) if I eat to close to the time I go to bed I feel full when I get up too. Maybe you should eat more at your break times?

Pj stop hiding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Freddie
Old 10-06-2002, 05:13 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Erica - Congrats on the 3 # loss! Sorry about Jeff's job situation. Things will get better, I just know it. Is that your dh?

Susan - My son and a friend went to the Cardinal's game week before last. What part of IL do you live? I am in Southern Indiana.

Corningkat - Years ago, WW used to say they didn't care when you ate the food, but to not go over your allotment in a 24 hour period. I don't know how they feel about it now...

Candice - Taking care of mil gets very stressful at times, and she should really go to a home, but I just can't do that yet. The time is coming, though, probably in the Spring. My DH says he hopes she passes away in her sleep before she gets much worse. I hope so, too. She repeats herself all the time, asks the same questions over and over, tells us the same stories everyday, and has accidents in her panties most days. She talks about her mother as though she is still alive and calls my husband by her brother's name. (The brother has been dead for 40 years.) We have taken the knobs off the stove and put locks real high up on the outside doors so she can't get out at night while we are asleep. She swipes our things and hides them in her room. Please understand that I am not complaining - just stating facts. The hardest part about taking her to a home is that she trusts me and the 1 time we took for for a 24 hour stay while we had a day off, she looked at me like a puppy that I was taking to the pound... Anyway, sorry to go on and on, but thanks for listening... I truly didn't know I had so much to say! You are a sweet person for offering to let me vent!

Now for the good news - after my first week doing WW I lost an even 5 pounds. I am doing the happy dance for sure!!
I absolutely LOVE the program...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Jana
Old 10-06-2002, 07:31 PM   #15  

Which of you Night Owls has been deleting some of my posts? I had built posts up to over 100 and then it got to be 90 again. It stayed at 94 after many additional posts. I finally complained to the 3fat chicks and got this answer from Suzanne:

Hi,

The post count is not related to your computer, since it's calculated on the server side. The
only thing that will reduce a post count is deleting posts. I've not done a mass delete lately, but some of the moderators may be deleting old threads. I looked at your posts and it looks like most have been in the Night Owls forum. Do you think that's where the bulk of your posts have
been in the past? I'm wondering if one of the mods in that forum have been mass deleting for
some reason. I'm concerned that your post count dropped that much in one day, as you shouldn't lose more than one or two posts a month, if that much.

Suzanne
========
Now I know Bren of Pamela Jo wouldn't do that to me!!!! I will look and see what post number this one will be

Freddie
Closed Thread