Old 06-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #1  

Default Intro

Hi Guys,

I stumbled upon this website looking for support group for weight loss, so i figured why not join, right?

My name is Danielle and at the moment i weigh 308 size 24 2x/3x, but at my highest i was 335 size 26-28 3x/4x. I dont really think my overweight live is the typical one. I was never made fun of in school, At least to my face, I have always had lots of friends and have been fairly active and was raised in a WLS friendly family. When i was 18 i actually went to to go get surgery but was insurance denied because i wasn't 21 which brings me to where i am right now. I'm 4 months away from being 21 and i've finally decided that i'm gonna do it on my own. My goal as of now is to be 260 by oct. when i am heading to vegas and 200 by april. It might be do harsh of a goal, but i figure go big or don't go at all right?

Anyways i would love to find some weight loss buddies as all my friends are thin and although they are supportive, they dont understand what im doing. I wish everybody luck!

Danielle
num17sdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Welcome. This site helps me a lot. Just be careful setting goals to high. Personally I start with little goals for fear of getting let down. But everyones different. the 40 pounds is a good goal. Be strong. You can do it!!!
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Danielle! You're not in FL by chance are you? Just kidding, I know a lady by the same name here who is trying to lose too.

Well, I started the last day of December, and nearly six months past that and I haven't quite hit 40 lbs lost (doing WW) but I know some ladies who've lost more in that amount of time. I think it really depends on starting weight, what you are eating, exercise, and how your body reacts to the before mentioned items. . So 40lbs by October is your goal to start with, okay, but I definitely recommend smaller ones as stepping stones toward that one. Like first 5 lbs, 10 lbs, 5% lost, 10% lost, etc. Anything to get you cheering and keep you motivated is awesome,

and keep us updated!

Last edited by zanheltangia; 06-17-2010 at 10:57 AM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I'm new too!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #5  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Welcome from one newbie to another!