Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/130

Default Introduction

Hi guys, I posted a similar introduction in general Intro area, but I figured I should do it here as well. One of the veterans here gave a me great advice to find a support group since 3FC can be overwhelming, so here I am! Hope to lose some weight with you guys

Few things about me:
Hi I am a 25 year old who is fed up with being fat. All my life I've struggled with weight issues. I've tried different things in the past (mostly starving myself) and got some results but soon after I would quit dieting I would gain it all back. Today I am at my highest weight 215 lbs and I am desperate to lose it all. I decided to try to do it the slow and healthy way. No quick fixes, more a lifestyle change.
I joined the gym and I am starting to eat healthy foods again salads, oatmeal, fruits etc. No more junk food or sweets.
The truth is I really don’t know how to lose the weight the healthy way. Whenever I don’t see results fast I want to go back to my good old starvation mode. I am trying really hard to resist that right now.
I am learning a lot about weight loss from this forum
Hermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I can certainly relate to everything you posted! I used to feel that exact same way. Still do, some days. I just never in a million years thought I would ever lose the weight, but I did.

Since it can take some time to see real results and patience can grow so thin, 3FC is a wonderful resource for finding patience and support as you figure out this process. Stick around!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #3  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!

It all takes time and knowledge. Knowledge is the greatest tool to possess. It's amazing how little a person can know when coming into a journey like this. Arm yourself. Read up on things, seek advice and ask questions. AND learn patience. It will carry you far.

If you ever find yourself in a mood where you think starving is the answer, here is what I always remind myself--Your body is like a car. It needs fuel to function. You're only harming yourself with starvation. It kills metabolic function and hypothyroidism can develop.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #4  

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me to know that a) I am not alone and b) somebody else went through similar situations and lost weight.
I am trying hard to fight the urge to starve myself. Working out helps, because I noticed that if I don't eat I don't have the strength to do it and I kinda like working out
Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm new too! I also noticed that working out helps, and it seems that I like it too.. Like, its a great outlet if I'm stressed or having a bad day, because it makes me feel so much better!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #6  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm glad you've realized it's a lifestyle change! Trust me, eat healthy and work out, you will feel great everday. The positive is you lose weight and you look great too!

One thing that always inpsires me, check out the goal and mini goal forums. The pictures of the changes people have made are amazing, and they often state what they did to lose their weight.

Best of luck!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #7  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and congrats on beginning your new lifestyle changes. It won't be easy and you'll have to work hard, but it is worth it when your clothes start to get loose! Keep coming here and posting, and share when you reach a goal!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #8  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Definitely. If you don't eat enough, you won't have enough 'fuel' to get you through your normal activities let alone working out without side effects like headaches and dizziness, etc. And that's horrible for your body. Sure you might lose a few in starvation mode, but like you've experienced, that weight does not stay off. Glad you are working on a healthier route!

If you are worried about fall back to starvation mode, maybe try calorie counting? That way you know where you are each day and can keep track of slip ups like not eating enough? And you can still have a little junk so that you don't go go from binging to not eating and back again.

Congrats on starting to eat healthier! I'm cheering for you, Hermy!

And definitely look around and post questions, this place is has a wealth of information and some really great people willing to give their input!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #9  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Hey.. is your name Hermy from Rudolph? I LOVE Bumble!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #10  

Hey Guys I am so HAPPY today, I stepped on the scale and its 209. After almost three weeks of working out and watching what I eat I was getting really frustrated because the scale was not moving. But I guess my body was waiting to surprise me this week. This is the first time I've lost any kind of weight the healthy way and I am really proud of myself.

Thanks for all your support.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #11  

Kate- my nickname is from Harry Potter, it is like a pet name for Hermione.
But I certanly like Rudolph too.